"And who the fuck are you, huh?"

I open the door and come face to face with a woman. She is standing unusually close to the door and I can see the thick black eyeliner around her bright blue eyes. She is wearing quite a lot of make-up but I can tell right away that she's pretty. She's wearing a very short jean skirt and a white tank top. Her skin is nicely tanned and her dark brown hair is short, barely hitting her collar bones. She's sporting a lot of jewelry on her hands, mostly silver rings and bracelets. She reeks of heavy perfume and I can't think of any reason someone would put on this much perfume. It's almost hard to breathe around her. Her face has an annoyed look to it.

"Uh, hi," I greet her.

She looks me up and down before shouldering past me into the house. 

"Eli!?" she yells.

Perplexed, I close the door and make my way into the living room. Tess and Bennett are looking at the woman who is yelling at Eli.

"We had an appointment and you think you can just not show up?! What kind of a fuck up are you, huh? I always thought you cared at least somewhat but I guess not," she screeches. Wow, she's really angry.

"Okay Janet, calm the fuck down. I told you I was busy today and couldn't make it, just read your goddamn texts," Eli counters.

I stand next to Tess and she pulls me into her side.

"I think that's his wife," she whispers into my ear.

"Ex-wife," I correct her. "And yes, I think you're right."

"Well, that doesn't cut it, Eli! The world doesn't just revolve around you, you know?! Get it together and show the fuck up next time."

"Janet, get out. I don't want to talk to you right now. You are showing up here unannounced, that's not okay." 

"I don't fucking care! You need to learn what consequences are." She crosses her arms in front of her chest and stares at him.

"Don't you dare, tell me about consequences. I will call you to make an appointment, now leave!" he growls out, his voice dangerously low.

"No. I'm not gonna let you tell me what to do, we are not together anymore, I hope you still know that." 

"I do. Now leave. I don't want to talk today, Janet."

"Nope! I have time, I can wait. We need to discuss what happens during the next appointment anyhow, so."

I decide I have seen enough and I take a few steps toward the two, directing my attention to Janet.

"Listen, lady. He said he doesn't want to talk, that's a clearly expressed boundary and you need to accept that. So please just leave," I calmly say to her.

She swivels around to look at me and takes a step towards me, pointing her manicured finger at me.

"And who the fuck are you, huh?"

"I'm Romy. I wish I could say it's a pleasure to meet you but that wouldn't be the truth," I bluntly state.

Janet looks back at Eli, scrutinizing him for a moment. Then, she looks back at me and quickly back at Eli.

"Oh for fucks sake, you are screwing a teenager?!" she barks at Eli.

"Woah, I am not a teenager," I interject.

"I don't fucking care what you are, little girl. Shut up when the adults are talking, okay," she hisses at me, her lip curling up in a sneer.

"You are embarrassing yourself, just leave, nobody wants you here," I tell her, meeting her gaze.