"I insist."

On our way back to the house, I tell Tess about the awkward encounter I had with Eli.

"I have no idea why he always chooses the weirdest friends ever. I mean, even though Eli is his best friend, I've never seen much of him or know much about him. I think he's very reserved. And it's not like they've been friends for too long. Bennett had a fallout with his former best friend about six years ago, apparently, he met Eli shortly after."

"Why did they had a fight? Bennett and his old best friend?"

"He had an affair with Bennett's girlfriend at that time." Tess sighs and walks the few steps towards the back door and pulls it open.

"Oh, shit," I gasp, covering my mouth in shock.

"Yeah, now quiet. I don't want Bennett hearing us talk about this."

"Yes, of course," I promise her and close the door behind us.

"Bennett?" Tess yells, looking into the kitchen to see if her brother is already home.

"In the bathroom, Tess. I'm sure you'll survive without me for a couple of minutes, no?" he yells back and I can't hide my smile.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Tess counters weakly and starts walking up the stairs to our rooms. "Let's take a shower. The lake water isn't the cleanest," she suggests.

"Okay, you can go first," I tell her.

"Just take the second bathroom. Ben is using the guest bathroom downstairs so it's free." Tess points at a door at the other end of the hall.

"Okay, sure." I'll just grab a fresh towel and my shower stuff." With all my things gathered in my arms, I walk towards the bathroom. I can already hear Tess's shower running and her belting a song I don't know. Grabbing the doorknob of the bathroom door, I twist it and push it open slowly, only to stop my movements abruptly and stare at the person that is already occupying the space. He is only wearing a white fluffy towel, that's hanging dangerously low on his hips. Little water droplets are splayed all over his smooth, slightly tanned skin and his body is extremely toned. The dents his muscled create on his torso are a work of art and I can't help but wonder what they would feel like under the skin of my fingertips. My eyes travel further up and land on his face. Half of it is smothered in white shaving cream, his full lips are pursed, making them appear thinner and his straight nose has little flecks of the shaving cream on it. The crow's feet at his eyes are prominent and his thick, dark eyebrows are furrowed, creasing the little space between them. My eyes meet his and I can't look away, even though the situation slowly dawns on me and I am embarrassed beyond belief. As my cheeks slowly transition in color, I wish that the floor would open up and swallow me whole.

"Can I help you?" His deep, velvety voice pulls me out of my trance and my eyes move onto his mouth. I detect a hint of amusement in his sentence, but it is more so filled with annoyance.

"I-I-I...I'm sorry," is all I pathetically manage. Still, I don't move. I just can't get my stupid body to move. He cocks an eyebrow and tilts his head a little as if expecting something. Duh, Romy, of course, he expects you to leave, now!

"It's okay, but I don't appreciate you staring at me like I'm Dustin Bieber and your teenie crush. Makes me uncomfortable."

"Justin," I whisper, facepalming myself in my mind. Are you insane?! Just get the fuck out!

"What?" he asks, looking more confused than before.

"His name is..uh... Justin Bieber. I'm sorry. So so sorry. I'm gonna leave now, sorry again." I scramble for words and finally, my body listens to my brain and I turn around, slam the door and run towards my room. In my haste, I oversee Tess coming out of our bathroom and crash into her.