┗ Chapter Forty-Four ┓

I gasp, sitting up very quickly, causing everything to shake. My eyes scan the room frantically and I realize that I was on the couch bed in the house at Sunflower Acres. My breath is shaking which causes motion for a certain someone next to me.

"Y/N?" A raspy voice croaks. Jungkook opens his eyes to see my current state and sits up next to me, "Y/N! Are you okay?!"

I snap out of it and turn to him, tears starting to swell up in my eyes. I throw my arms around him and quietly sob. He embraces me and softly rubs my back.

"I- I had a nightmare. We were back at the cottage and Mia, Hana, and Minhyuk were not there. I didn't know what to do." I sniffle.

"Shhh, it didn't happen. They are here and alive," Jungkook reassured me.

I finally calm down and pull away still sniffing. Jungkook wipes my remaining tears off my cheek and I lean into his touch.

"Thanks for being here" I stiffen out a yawn.

"I'm always here," he smiles, "now let's get some rest."

I lay down on his chest and listen to the sound of his heart beat. I felt a kiss on my head and dozed off.

It was the sound of knocking that disturbed my slumber. I listened as someone opened the door.

"Yes?" It was Namjoon's voice.

"I need to speak to Y/N," it sounded feminine.

"She's asleep," he responded.

"Not anymore," I sat up to see that it was Emma, "what do you want?"

"Carolyn told me that you're staying with me now," she states, sounding a bit annoyed, "so get ready."

That caused Jungkook to wake up, "What? Y/N never told her that, right Y/N?" He looks at my shocked face.

"I don't want to stay with you, I'm fine here" I remark.

"Staying in a house full of men?" Emma shakes her head and mumbles something under her breath. Namjoons eyes widened and I grew curious as to what she said.

"Fine then," she huffs, "but Carolyn wants you all to meet her at town hall around noon."

She leaves and Namjoon closes the door behind her, locking both the door and deadbolt. He makes his way over to us and sits in the chair.

"What did she mumble about Namjoon?" I ask him, standing up to stretch.

"Um," he hesitates, "she kinda called you a whore."

I stumble forward before spewing out a few curse words.

"What?" Jungkook gasps.

"Don't worry about it" I sigh.

"Don't worry about it? DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT? She practically called you something so disgusting that it makes me want to slap her." Jungkook angrily hits the pillow and stomps out of the room.

"What's with all the yelling?" Jin comes in with a big yawn.

"Ugh," I groan and quickly follow Jungkook. Jin raises an eyebrow and Namjoon shakes his head at him.

"Jungkook, wait a minute," I grab his arm and he turns around and raises his hand. I flinch back and he realizes his mistake and quickly lowers his hand.

"I'm sorry" his face softens as I pull him into a hug.

"You're alright," I say, "Emma just wants to get under your skin. She likes drama and I'm usually her victim for things like this."

"Well it's not right," I feel him pout on my shoulder and I pull away.

"Don't pout, you big baby," I playfully slapped his cheek and smiled, "everything's gonna be okay. Let's head back to the living room."

We make our way back and see that everyone is now awake. They were gathered around and looked up when we both entered the room.

"Namjoon told us what happened," Jimin stated, "that Emma is wrong about you."

"It's okay," I wave it off, "we are needed at noon to meet up with Carolyn."

"Okay..." Tae frowns.

We all leave the house after getting ready and head towards the town hall.