┗ Chapter Thirty-Eight ┓

*Flashback to a couple of days ago*

The group was following behind the person who was called "Riley". Everyone was suspicious of them, but Yoongi was on a whole other level of that. He had a feeling that something was going to happen, but he couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing. This frustrated the man to the point where he managed to get lost in his thoughts. He didn't realize the person next to him calling his name.

"Hyung!"

Finally, he snapped out of it and looked to his left. Jimin was there, looking very worried.

"Huh? Yes Jimin, what is it?" Yoongi asked.

"Are you alright? You seem out of it? Is it because of what's going on?" Bingo. He hit it on the nail.

"I don't like where we are heading. I get this feeling that something is going to emerge from the shadows."

"I understand completely, I wish this had never occurred" Jimin's eyebrows furrowed as he sent a glare towards Riley. Yoongi laid his hand on Jimin's shoulder, but before he could speak, another voice comes from within the forest. Hold on, pause. Let's go back a couple of seconds to a different member of the group.

"Y/N?"

"Hm? Yes Tae?"

"How come you know Riley?"

"Yeah, I would like to know as well," Mia chimes in.

"Well, we used to go to high school together... I was at my locker one day when I noticed a familiar keychain out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a COOKY plushie hanging from someone's backpack" Jungkook's face lights up for a second when Y/N mentions his BT21 character.

"I tapped the person on the shoulder and asked if they liked BT21, more specifically BTS. When I heard that they did, we instantly clicked. But I didn't realize how much of a 'fan' that they were..." Y/N furrows their eyebrows.

"Yeah..." Mia mumbles as she glances over at Riley in front.

"Ahem. Anyways, I didn't want to call them out because I didn't know what would happen to me. And gladly, Riley told me that they were moving to Japan and was going to miss me. I knew I would genuinely miss them back, but not really. Thus here we are today and they came back. But I never thought that they would go this far..." Y/N lets out a sad sigh. Now, let us go fast forward back to the present.

"I highly suggest you let them go, Riley Willows."

"What? Who are you?" Riley halts in place, causing everyone else to stop moving.

"You know who I am very well" The voice rumbles all around. Riley seems almost shaken by the voice, which caused the group to wonder who this mysterious voice belonged to.

"U-Um," Riley stutters before clearing their throat, trying to make themself sound more confident, "I don't care, I have bodyguards!" The voice only chuckles at Riley's statement.

Meanwhile, the members of BTS, Y/N, Mia & Minhyuk gathered around each other, all of them back to back. They were preparing themselves for what could happen.

Out of nowhere, one by one, thud by thud, every single bodyguard surrounding the group falls to the ground. And upon further inspection, they seem to have been shot right through their skulls. Which was good because we didn't want them to come back to life.

Riley was flabbergasted to see that their so-called "bodyguards" were no longer there to protect them. They panicked for a second before grabbing the closest thing next to them, which just so happened to be Y/N.

"What the-" Y/N yells as they get pulled away from the group. Jungkook reaches out to grab them, but Riley quickly pulls out a hidden gun from their pocket.

"Don't come any closer!" Riley's voice laced with trembles as they wave the gun around aimlessly.

"Let me go Riley!" Y/N shouts in a whisper as they try to get free.

All the yelling had stirred up an unexpected visitor. Low groans were emerging from all around and it seemed to grow louder.

"Riley, you're not thinking rationally right now, calm down!" the mysterious voice speaks again.

"No!" Riley lets out a shaky laugh and places the gun to Y/N's head, "This isn't fair! I was the one who was suppose to be with you guys, not this dumb person. I was suppose to fall in love with Jungkook! He is my bias! But Y/N got in my way! I went to the Bighit building and you weren't there!"

Everyone was shocked, especially Jungkook. He internally cringed at the thought of ever dating this person.

"I ran into Bang PD by the way, he told me everything. How my precious Jungkook didn't wasn't with him. How come? You could have found me and be mine. He told me where you guys were heading and I just had to come rescue you from Y/N."

By now zombies made their appearance known and everyone gathered whatever they could find to defend themselves except for Y/N. They were still trying to break free from the crazy person.

"I see how this is going to end," Riley was cry laughing, "and I'm taking Y/N with me."

"No you can't do this!" Jungkook shouts out, stepping forward towards them. Riley takes a step back with their arm still locked around Y/N.

"I said stay back!"

"Y/N..." Jungkook looks over with sad eyes, but Y/N just shakes their head.

"I'll be fine Kookie, I got-" but before Y/N could finish their sentence, they fell and hit their head on the ground.

Riley had been grabbed on the arm by a zombie and released their grip on Y/N, causing them to fall down.

"Y/N!" Jungkook rushes over and picks up Y/N bridle style. Y/N was knocked out due to the impact with the ground.

"Quickly follow me!" A man shouts, sliding down from a nearby tree. He had the same speech as the mysterious voice.

"You can't leave me! I will have-" Riley screams as they get bitten on the arm.

The group quickly turns their back on them and follows after the man. More people come from behind other hidden places and surround the group, mostly around Jungkook carrying Y/N and Jin with Namjoon.

After running for what seemed like hours, they end up at a gate. The gate slides open and everyone rushes inside.

"The infirmary is right ahead to the left!" The man explains. Jungkook and Jin nod their heads and make their way over there.

"Now as for the rest," the man turns to everyone else, "I know where Hana is, follow me. We found her blindfolded and tucked away in a cave. We had been secretly following after you guys."

"Oh thank god!" Mia lets out a sigh of relief.

"Who are you?" Jimin questions.

"Me?" The man asks before letting out a chuckle, "I guess Y/N never told you about me then. Well, they do kinda despise me after what happened, but anyways, I'm Connor Powers. I'm Y/N's, well, was Y/N's best friend."