New Addition Pt2 (Rafe)

"Baby, don't cry" he pouted giving you a quick glance.

"It's just so emotional and fast and scary..." You continued talking, speaking faster and faster.

"Y/N calm down it's okay, you will be okay" he held your stomach with one hand and the steering wheel with the other one.

There was silence for a couple minutes while you focused on your breathing. Tears rolled down your cheeks, for many different reasons emotions, pain, it seemed so fast and scary.

"What if I can't do it Rafe?" You sniffled feeling weak.

"You are so strong and I know you will be able to do it. You are the strongest person I have ever known and you're way stronger than me" he grinned, eyes still on the road.

You smiled but it instantly faded getting a stronger contraction, you hunched over and screamed quietly, gritting your teeth together. You leaned your body to the window, sweat dripped down your face. You smacked your hand on the dash bored, kinda mad, not feeling any pain.

You breathed heavily and looked over at Rafe, he looked kinda terrified.

"Can you drive faster!?" You groaned.

"Don't worry we're almost there" he reasurred you, you drove around the corner and the bright lights from the hospital hit your face. You could hear him mumbling that it was okay, repeatedly.

He found a parking spot near emergency and parked the car.

"Do you think you can walk?"  He asked, his body half way out of the car. You shook your head.

"Okay keep breathing, I'm going to run in and grab a wheelchair" Rafe leant back into the car and kissed your forehead. He turned around and ran towards the entrance. Jingling his keys around around his fingers, hitting his rings creating a clinking sound.

He came back with the wheelchair, putting the to go bag in a basket under it. You watched him jog in front of the car and opened the door for you, holding your hand and putting the other one on your back. Rafe sat you down in the chair, locked the car behind you and jogged you into the emergency room.

It didn't take to long for you to be admitted, you were taken straight to a private room and given a gown to change into.

Rafe helped you get your clothes off as you were to sore to do it on your own, he was very gentle. He moved down to take your bottoms off, forgetting your water broke earlier.

"Did your water break?" Rafe looked you in the eyes with a worried look.

"Shit I'm sorry it crossed my mind" you groaned.

"It's fine I understand you're distracted but how long ago?" He muttered to you continuing to take your underwear off.

"At the restaurant, I was standing out of the car" you put the gown over you.

"Fuck that was like 20 minutes ago!" He put his hands on your knees. Running his hand on your cheek, his cold rings felt nice on your hot face.

"I know I'm sorry" you looked down at your twiddling thumbs.

"I'm not mad I'm just worried" he was so sweet, you loved him so much.

A couple hours had passed and your contractions had become more painful and persistent and Rafe was by your side the whole time. Doctors were constantly coming in and out of the room to check on you.

In your bed you were sat with your legs out, Rafe was sat behind you, his chest on your back, his legs beside yours. You held each others hands, squeezing his tightly with every contraction, he was whispering things yours ear telling you everything was going to be okay, his voice was calm and quiet.

"Ah ow ow ow" you breathed hard.

"I'm sorry baby if I could take the pain away i would" he kissed your cheek and got a better grip on your hands.

"Ohh Rafe Rafe, I think something is happening I think the baby is coming" you looked up at him a small smile on your face and pain in your eyes, his eyes widened.

"Alright um don't panic don't panic I will call the nurse in" you felt his heart beat faster and he pressed the button for a nurse.

"I'm not panicking, you're panicking"  giggling slightly, getting ready, he pursed his lips together.

"Yep I'm panicking" he chuckled.

Doctors began to get things ready for you, Rafe was still sat behind you, comforting you.

On your next contraction you pushed, Rafe kissed down your neck,

"You're doing great Y/N" he ran a towel over your forehead.

"One more push" they doctor yelled.

You pushed one final time, Rafe rubbed your shoulders. You heard cries and a baby was placed on your chest.

"It's a boy!" Rafe smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen, tears rolled down his cheeks as did mine.

"Oh, he's perfect Rafe" placing your hand on his small head, you felt Rafes on top of yours.

After the first few minutes, they cleaned up your son and Rafe sat beside you. He was placed back in your arms, his eyes were beautiful. You guys had already compromised on a name for a boy.

"Hello Finley" you tickled him. You looked at Rafe bouncing Finley. He was so happy.

"Want to hold him?" Holding up the baby slightly.

"Obviously" he whispered.

I handed Rafe the baby and his eyes fluttered open, there was an instant connection between them.

Finley burbled and stuck his arms almost as if he was reaching for his daddy. Tears filled the back of your eyes it made you feel so happy.

Rafe offered the baby his finger and Finn gripped it tightly. Rafe giggled.

"We make beautiful kids" he said playing with the baby.

"We do" placing your head on his shoulder.