Why? -JJ

Fem x JJ
Contains: Drugs and addiction

"Y/n... I need you come to my house." JJ's voice was raspy.
I stood up quickly, "J what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked, worriedly biting my nails.
"I can't-" his voice cracked, "Just come over please." He cried.
"Okay, I'll see you soon" I replied, then he hung up.
I never felt comfortable going to JJs house, he knew that, and he never asked.

I snatched my keys off the bench and sped off to JJs house. When I got there, I took a deep breath, I knew what his father was like.

I went to the front door, I didn't knock, instead I just opened the door cautiously and quietly, I immediately saw JJ. He was sitting in the corner sobbing uncontrollably.

And across the room was his father's, cold, dead body. I gasped sharply and embraced JJ tightly.

"J... what, what happened?" I was still holding him close.

"I- I don't know, I don't understand. I don't want them to think it was me. Y/n what do I do?" He stared at me, his eyes glassy.
I sat on the floor next to him, "I don't know."

At this moment I felt numb, I didn't like JJs dad and he didn't like me, that's why I never wanted to come over. JJ never talked about him and spent most of his time at John B's house, however, I could understand why he was upset after all it was still his dad.

"Was he like this when you got home?" I asked.
"Yes"
"Did you touch anything?"
"No"
"Good" I smiled and stood up slowly.
"Wait" he stated, and he leaned in for a tight hug.
"You're so smart y/n, one of the many of the reasons I love you."
I smiled in reply and approached the crime scene, I scanned the room, no sign of blood or struggle. I looked at the coffee table, it was riddled with beer bottles, it always was. However, my eye caught a small pill bottle, it looked new, I leant down and looked at the tag. It read, MAYBANK, LUKE: OXYCODONE. The prescription was filled today. The bottle was empty.

I bowed my head in sorrow and turned to JJ who was waiting for you to say something.
"I'm sorry J, he overdosed." I embraced him tightly again and waited for the police to show up.