Michael (XXXII)

Michael
August 2nd
5:26am

*Bang* *Bang*

Lord, am I dead?

The silence is overpowering. I heard the gunshots, but I don't feel any pain besides in my shoulder. So what happened?

I open my eyes to look over me and find The Boss gone. He's layed on his side next to me, eyes wide open and not breathing. I look over and see The Boss' henchman on the ground too. It's safe to say he's dead also. Nelson still has his arms around the girls, but all three of them were looking off, shock written on their faces.

The hell were they looking at? I turn to look at what they were all staring at, and what I saw made my heart stop.

There stood Gabi, gun raised and fire in her eyes. Tears streamed down her cheeks and she was shaking, but her grip on the gun was so tight her knuckles turned white. She looked beat up and her clothes were torn, and when I saw a stab wound on her stomach, a stab of rage went through me. Still, seeing her alive is more important.

I'm frozen in my spot on the ground. Is this real? Was this my mind playing tricks on me?

She turns and sees me, and her eyes grow wide, the tears coming faster. Dropping the gun, she runs right towards me.

"MICHAEL!"

I feel a smile creep onto my face. It's been a while since I heard her voice, and I don't ever want to stop hearing it.

I get the strength to sit up, and as soon as I do, Gabi barrels right into me and holding on with an iron grip, though I don't mind. I wrap my arms gently so I don't irritate her stomach, and kiss her forehead. A tear slips out, but I couldn't care less.

My girl is back in my arms, dammit, and I'm going to keep it that way.

"I missed you so much, I..." I hear her whisper, her breath tickling my neck where she buried her face. She cries harder, gasping to catch her breath.

I quietly shush her, rocking her gently. "I missed you more. I promise you, this shit isn't ever happening again."

She nods and I keep rubbing her back until her breathing calms down. I look up when I hear Nelson on the phone, finally calmed down, with Melanie still behind him while Amiyah is standing a little off to the side in shock.

"Hello? I think there's been a shoot out somewhere by Main, y'all might want to get down here." A pause. "Sorry, but I'd like to stay anonymous."

He hangs up his phone and throws it on the ground, making it shatter to pieces. "We got about half an hour before the cops show up to get these bodies, so we might want to get a move on out of here."

I sigh, the fatigue catching up with me as I struggle to stand up, pulling Gabi to her feet with me. She turns to Nelson and goes over to him, hugging him hard also. I see Melanie come to hug her too, a few tears slipping out of both their eyes when they see Gabi. I don't blame them. It's been hella emotional tonight.

I look down at The Boss one last time. His expression is still the same, eyes wide and blank, mouth set in a scowl. I turn away, disgusted. I didn't like seeing death, but at least no one had to suffer under him anymore. Especially Gabi.

She's hugging Amiyah now, talking to her with a small smile while Melanie picks up the guns that were dropped, and Nelson calls the rest of the crew. By the blush on Amiyah's face, I bet Gabi's making her uncomfortable with all the thank you's she's getting.