Nelson (XVIIII)

(A/N: Okay, this chapter is important, and everyone in the Bread crew get a P.O.V opprotunity in this chapter. And I don't have time to proofread, but you guys have been waiting long enough, so here it is! :)

Nelson
July 22nd
8:46pm

     "Gone?!" I  yelled. "What do you mean she's gone?! Ain't nobody seen her leave the house!"

     I knew then why she ran off. Joeseph better hope I don't see him back home. No matter how many times my Uncle James tried to get me into the church, I wasn't that good of a Christian yet.

     Michael stood up, looking pained. I remembered that he wasn't used to Gabi just up and leaving like I was. I always go get her because she's my cousin and I love her, but damn. A nigga needs some type of heads up.

     "Michael, sit down! Damn! You're gonna open your cut up again!" Mel tried to sit Michael back down and keep him from leaving, but she was only 5'2 ; he moved her out the way easily.

     "Look Mike, don't worry about it. Gabi's gonna be okay; I'll go get her. She wouldn't have gone far, especially not from you." I joked to lighten the mood, but Mike was still quiet. "Ay, don't look at me like that. You just get that chest healed up. I'm guessing we leaving tomorrow?"

     "Hell yeah, I'm ready to go." He nods.

     "Alright then, I'm out. I'll bring her back here in a minute."

     With that, I head downstairs and leave out in the night.

********************************************************************
Melanie
8:50pm

     I watched Nelson as he went  out to find his cousin. Poor Gabi. She ain't deserve all the things that puto said about her. Michael is still standing up, pacing all over the floor the minute Nelson left. I rolled my eyes at him.

     "Ay, Michael, sit! You're making me nervous just watching you!"

     He hardly hears me, but he sits back down on the bed, holding his head in his hands. I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder, sitting next to him. I know he wanted to go find Gabi for himself, but he ain't have to get so worked up.

     We sit in silence before Michael stands up and starts pacing again.

     "Dammit Michael, I said --"

     "I heard you, Melanie! Aight? I can't sit down right now, okay?!"

     "Michael, Nelson went out after Gabi, she'll be okay."

     He sits back down next to me. "No, you don't get it, anything could --. Never mind. You wouldn't understand."

     "Try me, hermano."

     He kept quiet. I just watched him stare off into space, most likely thinking bout Gabi. You'd think his momma died or something. I know that look in his eyes though.

     "Damn, you really love her, huh?"

     I saw him flinch hard, but he didn't say a word.

     "You know Mike, you can tell me things. It's not like Imma make fun of you, or run and tell someone. Holding stuff in ain't healthy; I would know."

     He turns to face me and I almost think he's gonna start pouring out his feelings, but I gotta remember, Mike ain't that type of dude.