Michael (XXIV)

WARNING: REFERENCE TO RAPE IN THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT ONE.

Michael
July 28th
9:32am

     I left earlier while Gabi was sleeping to bring her some clothes to change into. Melvin said I could take her home today, and Nelson and Melanie found all of The Boss' traps, so the sooner we can get back, the better. I knew I had a lot to explain, but Gabi understood. As much as she could, anyways. Gabi was naive, and was childlike. On top of that, she knows what I did in my past, but I know she's going to want to know why. She still wanted to stay with me, even after all this.

     God, I loved her for that. I even told her so earlier. The look she gave me when I said it told me more than she could say out loud. I wasn't even saying it just so she would stay; I mean it, and even if she decided to leave, I'd still love her. All the more reason to get out of this business.

     I was sitting on Gabi's bed waiting for her to wake up, lightly stroking her hair. A while later, her eyes flickered open, and I was immediately caught in her violet gaze.

     "Time to get up, babe. You get discharged today." I say, tapping her nose.

     Gabi yawned and stretched, pulling her covers back and sitting up. "Ugh, why so early though?"

     "I gotta get back to meet with the crew. Coming up with strategies isn't easy, you know."

     Once I said that, she looked at me with worry in her eyes.

     "Everything's gonna be fine, trust me, Gabi." I kissed her forehead and handed her her clothes. She laughed when I patted her ass when she got up to change in the bathroom. She walked in, but came right back out.

     "Michael, did you get my clothes?"

     "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I ask, confused.

     "Babe, the top is green and the skirt is orange. I'm gonna look like a carrot." she frowned, digging through the bag and finding the red lace bra and panties I found. "Oh, of course, you made sure my underwear matched."

     I smirked. "Imagine my surprise when I found them in your drawer. You gonna model them, or nah?"

     I laughed out loud when her face broke out in a blush. Have I ever said how much I loved doing that?

     "Pervert." she says, closing the door.

     "You love me, though!" I yell back, in between laughing.

     I sat and waited for her to change, and when she came back out, I took her hand and we headed out of the hospital. We passed by Melvin, who was talking to some secretary at the front desk and making her blush. Finally, he can stop being a stiff and get him a woman to spend time with.

     "Aye, we leaving, man. Don't forget what I told you, aight?"

     He turns and waves us off. "Bet. I'll see y'all later. Oh hey hold up Gabi, I forgot to give you this!" Melvin digs in his pocket and pulls out an orange bottle labeled Gabrielle Washington, handing it to her.

     "Take these with you. I prescribed you some medication to help you sleep, you know, if your PTSD acts up."

     She takes them, but I notice a frown on her face as she does. "Thanks, I guess."

     I wave back and we leave the hospital, getting in my truck. Once we sat inside, I pulled off and started heading back to my house. Nelson texted me that he had the spots on the map, so I was anxious to get back, but I noticed Gabi was silent in the seat next to me. It wasn't really rare for her to be quiet, but the look on her face made me think she had something on her mind.