Michael (XXVII)

(A/N: What's good, everyone? :)

So this chapter is going to be fast paced, but I'm not too good at action scenes, so bear with me. All im gonna say is, make sure you're prepared. Even I had a hard time writing this chapter.

Also, a member of the crew's POV will debut at a certain point in this chapter! Can you guess who it is?)

Michael
July 30th
11:28am

     The sun peeked through the curtains, making me squint. I started to open them, but as soon as I did, the sunlight disappeared, and the sky turned cloudy and gray. A light shadow was cast over the room, but I could still see Gabi's face as she slept.

     Just watching her made me feel at peace. Gently, I reached out and pushed her hair back from her face, hearing her sigh and cuddle closer to my chest. I immediately remembered what we did last night, but I ain't have any regrets.

     I still can't believe she was the one who offered first. I was prepared to wait as long as she needed, especially with her past and all, so her telling me she was ready threw me way off.

     I won't even lie, it was the best experience of my life. Sure, I had sex before (a lot more times than I'd wanna say), but I've never actually had feelings for the girl I was with. This time with Gabi though, it felt different. I felt whole for once.

     Lightly kissing her cheek, I promised myself I'd never let her go.

     Her eyes fluttered open and she set her violet gaze on me, smiling. "Good morning."

     I chuckle. "Well, it's almost the afternoon now. How'd you sleep?"

     "Amazing." She said, stretching and moving to get out of the bed, not bothering to take the sheets to cover herself.

     "Damn, somebody looks comfortable having all they assets out."

     She just laughed, getting her clothes off the floor and putting them away. "There isn't much to hide anymore, you've seen it all, anyways."

     I laugh back while she got fresh clothes and went into the bathroom, the shower running a few seconds later. I got up to get my own clothes together, and I sat to wait on Gabi to be done.

     Once I heard it stop and Gabi came out in one of her many tanktop and shorts combinations, this time being red and black, I stand and go inside to get my own shower going.

     "Hey Michael? Can we just have a free day today?" I hear her ask through the door. "Everybody's been so tense, I think we need to relax a bit."

     "Sure, we can just hang around here today." I said, though I didn't miss the twinge I felt in my gut. Something didn't feel right, but i didn't want to ruin the little time we had to relax. "Check to see if we got food, though. We probably gonna have to go to the store."

     I heard her agree, then the door opening and closing again as Gabi left the room. Once she was gone, I get out of the shower, putting on my clothes and drying my hair. Going downstairs, the crew is already in the living room. Gabi was in between Melanie and Nelson talking softly to them, trying to offer some support after yesterday, while the guys were all sitting around the TV.

     "I'm guessing we ain't got any food in here?"

     Everyone shook their heads, while King took out a couple of hundreds. "Nah, but I got this round. I just got paid the other day."

     I nod a thank you. "Aight, we can all head out as a group so we can get the food then get back as soon as possible. We all good?"

     Everyone nods, and we all start to walk outside to the gas station a few blocks over. As soon as I step outside behind Gabi, the twinge in my gut comes back even harder than before. There was definitely something wrong, and worry immediately set in.