Gabrielle (XVII)

(A/N: I really don't like this chapter, but it's just a filler so I guess it's alright for y'all to read. I promise, the next few are gonna be better.)

Gabrielle
July 22nd
9:27am

     I woke up in the morning with an ache in my arm. What had happened yesterday? Then I remembered we had gotten jumped, or at least that's what Nelson told me. I asked him why, or actually who would want to jump us like that, but he didn't answer. He said I didn't have to worry because it wouldn't happen again, but I'm tired of people telling me that. Oh well, must have been some random guy.

     I got to meet Michael's mother yesterday, though. She was so sweet, she reminded me of my own mom. Katherine even told me stories about Michael when he was little. Heh, I can't wait to tease him about them.

     I turn over and feel Michael's arms around me, holding me tight while he slept. He looked so peaceful; I didn't want to wake him up. Ignoring the soreness in my arm, I leaned closer and placed light kisses on his cheek. Michael sighed in his sleep, hugging me closer. Running my fingers through his curly black hair, I almost doze off again when someone opened the door.

    "Michael?! It's time for breakfast!" A girl no older than 15 yells. She comes in the room and stops when she sees me. I start to blush. I mean, how many little sisters come in to see a random girl in their brother's bed?

     "Oh, you must be Michael's girlfriend! He's right, you are pretty." she giggles, then leaves the room. "Tell Michael breakfast is ready. By the way, you can come, too." The girl leaves slamming the door.

     The noise jerks Michael awake. "Wha? Gabi?!"

     "Shh, calm down, I'm right here! A girl came in and said breakfast was ready." I giggle at his startled expression. "Was that your sister?"

     "Yeah, that must've been Janet." Michael yawns and sits up in the bed to stretch. I just watched him, my cheeks heating up again. I almost lost it when I saw his ab muscles ripple when his shirt rode up his stomach.

     Lord help me.

     Michael catches me staring and smirks. "You can touch it if you want. This is yours, girl."

     I shove him away lightly, making him chuckle. "Hush you! Oh yeah, I met your mom yesterday. I probably would've met Janet if it wasn't for... Well, you know."

     His smile drops when I hint at what happened yesterday. His gaze moves to my arm, which still had bandages wrapped tightly on it. Michael gently touches it, eyes glazing over.

     "Michael, you know it's not your fault..."

     "It is my fault." he snaps. He gets up and starts digging through drawers to get fresh clothes.

     "How is it your fault, hm? It's not like you had planned for it to happen, right?"

     Michael whips around, shocked at my question. "I wouldn't ever do something like that! I couldn't hurt you even if I tried, you know that, don't you?"

     "Of course I do." My cheeks warm. Knowing was one thing, but hearing it out loud was a thousand times better.

     Slowly, I get off the bed and walk over to where he was standing. I take him in my arms, loving the way his body seemed to mold against mine. Resting my forehead on his, I felt him relax. He wrapped his arms around my waist and let out a sigh. We were so close, I could feel his breath on my lips.