Gabrielle (VII)

June 10th

4:57pm

          I had run down the street for what seemed like hours, slowing down after a while to catch my breath, then I kept walking, thinking back to what that guy had said to me. I think Nelson said his name was Michael. I had to get away from him; the pressure was too much. I mean, how could he say all those things about me? He didn't even know me. Maybe he should look at himself before judging other people. He only looked like some street thug anyways. Michael was kind of cute though.

          I shake the thoughts out of my head. 'Get a grip, Gabi. You saw how much of a jerk he was. He probably wouldn't want me anyways. He can have any girl he wants...'

          Suddenly I stop walking, coming to a dead end. Great, I was so upset I didn't even keep track of where I was going. Now I'm completely lost. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to find my way around, since I used to live here.

          "You lost, girl?"

          I whip around to see a guy standing behind me. He wasn't that much taller than me, and didn't look like the kind of thugs that hang around in the streets. Something told me not to trust this guy, but he didn't look to threatening. Besides, it's not like I had a lot of options.

          "Yeah, I guess I am." I give a nervous chuckle. "Can you point me to where Langley Blvd. is?"

          The guy widens his smile and steps closer to me, licking his lips. "What you going to give me if I do?"

          "Um, you know what, I think I can find it on my own, thank you." I start to get nervous as I try to go around him.

          All of a sudden he grabs my arm and drags me inside a nearby alley way. I try fighting him, but his grip is painfully tight.

          He then brings my face closer. "What you going to do is take care of me." His hands start trailing my thighs through my jeans. My eyes widen and fear shoots through me.

          I frantically start kicking with all my strength. "Get off of me! STOP! SOMEBODY -"

          Just then he throws my head against the wall, sending me into shock. The guy starts ripping my shirt open, revealing my bra. He starts to unbutton my pants. Tears stream down my face and my heart's racing as I try to get away, but it's no use. I can even smell the alcohol on his breath as he starts kissing my neck.

          'Oh God, not again, please...'

          "GET OFF OF HER!"

          I turn and blink away my tears to see someone standing in the opening of the alleyway. My eyes widen again in shock.

          'Is that...Michael?'

          The guy, still holding onto me, just looks at Michael and smirks. "Ay Maverick, what's good? You mind coming back later?"

          'Maverick...?'

          Michael ignores him and looks at me, and sees my shirt ripped. At that moment his eyes seemed to bleed red with anger.

          "Nigga I won't tell you again. Back up off her. Now." He starts clenching and unclenching his fists.

          The guy just ignores him and starts kissing my neck again, making tears pour harder down my face.