25| "𝗌𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽."

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:

"SICK IS BETTER THAN DEAD."

Hours and hours had gone by as the blue-ish-grey sky was replaced with the dark night sky, the moon replacing the sun's original's spot

Hours and hours had gone by as the blue-ish-grey sky was replaced with the dark night sky, the moon replacing the sun's original's spot. A few more teenagers had been added into the dropship, Bellamy being one of them as Octavia had taken care of him. Slowly, the morning was coming, showing that the night was coming to an end like it did every single night and day that would go by each and every hour.

After finally waking up and feeling a bit better, Y/n found herself by her sister's side who still was sleeping peacefully, a cool and wet cloth damped against her sweaty forehead. Y/n could only hope her sister would wake up soon, but she was relieved to see her twin was still alive and breathing as her chest went up and down. Meanwhile, Murphy found himself walking to Bellamy who had woken up, a cup of water in his hand.

Murphy holds it out for him. "Here."

Bellamy shoves him back. "Get the hell away from me."

"Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help." Murphy argues, both not noticing that Y/n began walking over.

"When I get better, if you're still here--" Bellamy begins.

"Hey, I got this one." Y/n intervenes, looking down at Murphy.

Nodding in agreement, Murphy rises up to his crouched position as he hands her the cup of water, walking off. Y/n places herself beside the Blake boy, resting a hand on his shoulder while giving him the cup of water, watching as he takes a sip out of it.

"You feeling better?" Bellamy asks, receiving a nod. "That's good. How's Clarke?"

Y/n shrugs, glancing at her sister. "She's still asleep, but she looks a bit better."

"You seen Octavia?" Bellamy questions, glancing around for his sister.

"She was up all night helping people. Murphy gave her a break." Y/n informs.

Bellamy raises a brow, scoffing. "Don't tell me you trust him now."

"Trust? No. I do believe in second chances, though." Y/n admits.

"It's almost dawn. Better get everyone inside. If we lock the doors, maybe the grounders will think we're not home." Bellamy states.

"Not everyone is sick." Y/n reminds.

"Sick is better than dead." Bellamy argues.

"You don't think Finn and Jasper are gonna pull it off." Y/n realizes.

"Do you?" Bellamy asks.

Y/n sighs, standing up. "I'll get everyone inside."

As she goes to leave the dropship, the weak sound of a voice calls out to her, calling by her name to which she turns around, seeing her sister now awake. The Griffin twins shared a hug after Clarke was able to stand up and eventually, the two were walking out of the dropship to get everyone inside.

Bellamy soon joined them, helping everyone in. Just as they all began to head inside, a loud explosion sound filled all their eardrums. All their heads snap to the sound, seeing a large cloud of smoke out into the distance, seeming to come from the forest but the three leaders knew what it was. It was at the bridge where Finn and Jasper had to be at.

"They did it." Bellamy realizes.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds." Clarke quotes which receives a glance from Bellamy. "It's Oppenheimer, the man who built the first--"

"I know who Oppenheimer is." Bellamy interrupts.

With a tiny and tired chuckle, Y/n glances up at him who glances at her before Y/n glances to her sister, the two sharing a tired smile before they all look back at the giant cloud of smoke from the bomb miles away. For a little while, everyone in camp found themselves waiting until the campers would get back from the bridge and to the camp.

"There! It's them! Open the gate." A girl, Harper, announces.

Next thing they knew, the gate was open and Monty and Jasper were walking inside with smiles on their faces as everyone began cheering for them all. The Griffin twins stood side by side as they clapped and smiled at the two boys who walked through the camp while people continued cheering for them, Raven and Finn trailing behind them.

Y/n frowns at the sight of Finn having to help his best friend walk on her own, wondering what had happened to her while she was at the bridge. The Reyes girl had blood beneath her nose and a bit around her mouth, making the Griffin girl think that she most likely got the virus most campers had. Clarke soon took notice and frowned, glancing to her twin who stood right beside her.

As the best friends ventured more into camp, Y/n walked forward and wrapped Raven's other arm around her shoulders as both her and Finn helped her into the dropship while Clarke was right on their heels, both twins planning to check and see how Raven was doing, hoping she'd be okay as she wasn't even able to stand on two feet without collapsing to the ground beneath them.