17| "𝗐𝖾 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾."

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

"WE ARE THE SAME."

The sun was still hiding beneath the clouds as the village here the massacre happened was full of people, a few sky people and grounders

The sun was still hiding beneath the clouds as the village here the massacre happened was full of people, a few sky people and grounders. The chirps of crickets and birds could still be heard all around as people were surrounding a small gate. Y/n recognized it as the same gate her, Finn and Murphy had kept the grounders inside when they invaded their village.

Large sticks had been placed around, bodies covered in large cloths leaning against it while Finn Collins' body was at the very top. Bellamy had his arm wrapped around Y/n's waist still, still keeping her up and making sure to avoid the cuts on her back as they stared ahead at the bodies, Y/n keeping her eyes on the top one.

"People of Tondc... In fire, we cleanse the pain of the past." Lexa announces in their language.

The sound of Lincoln's voice reached the sky people's ears as he quietly translated the words, knowing they wouldn't understand what the commander was saying. Indra stepped towards her commander, handing her a torch before Lexa was stepping to the gate. However, murmurs could soon be heard all around when Lexa called out Clarke's name, holding the torch towards her.

The blonde slowly took it, stepping to the bodies as Y/n felt a hand on hers on her other side as Bellamy was on the other. Looking over, she saw Finn looking right at her before he rose a hand, holding her chin a bit as he guided her gaze back to the sticks just in time to see Clarke light the bodies and sticks up on fire.

"Your fight is over." Clarke mumbles.

The commander looked at her, not knowing that she knew that before both girls were stepping back as Clarke slightly tossed the torch to the sticks, lighting the rest of the bodies on fire. Everyone watched as the fire became bigger and bigger, burning the bodies, including... Finn Collins body. Bellamy looked down at his feet with a frown while a few tears fell down Raven's cheeks, knowing her best friend was... officially... dead. A tear fell out of Y/n's eye as her eyes casted over past the fire, seeing Finn standing there and staring right at her blankly.

About an hour or so had gone by since the grounders and sky people had all watched as Finn Collins' body and the murdered grounders were burned up by the fire. Under ground a bit, a large table could be seen in the middle of a room with food and drinks on the top as the grounders could be seen standing on one side, Octavia and Lincoln being seen on the other side.

Eventually, the other sky people could be seen stepping down the stairs as Clarke was now helping her sister walk, all of them coming to a stop in front of the opened chairs for them. Y/n soon found herself standing across from a grounder and in-between Clarke and Kane as the commander stood across from Clarke. In Kane's hands, a bottle of liquid could be seen in the palm of his hands.