12| "𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀."

CHAPTER TWELVE:

"SAY SOMETHING."

The night sky was up and out on earth as guards surrounded the gate

The night sky was up and out on earth as guards surrounded the gate. Walking towards Camp Jaha, Clarke walked in-between two grounders who were on horses as they held torches for light. People inside the camp were impatiently waiting for the blonde to get back, hoping that there would be a truce against them and the grounders. Eventually, the guards all aimed their guns when they saw torches coming their way, but the gate was quick to open after Bellamy shouted that it was Clarke, informing the camp that she was back and okay that the grounders didn't hurt her.

With a frown, Clarke was walking through the gate and into camp, her mind still trying to process the fact that they only had a few hours. The guards all kept their eyes on the grounders on the horses just as Y/n was jogging up with Finn right behind her. The Griffin girl had been waiting for her sister to be back ever since she went with the commander to her tent. Finn was right by her side as they waited, making sure to give the e/c eyed girl comfort in case of anything.

"You okay?" Y/n asks her sister.

"Shut the gate." Clarke demands before turning to them, softly grabbing her sister's arm. "You two can't be out here."

The three teenagers walked away from the gate as Clarke led the two away before they were in the middle of the camp. Abby rushed over, hugging Clarke as other people ventured to them, waiting for the news. Bellamy, who had been by the gate the entire time, came up from behind them, listening closely.

"What did she say? Is there a chance for a truce?" Abby questions.

Clarke nods, still frowning. "Yes."

"What's wrong?" Y/n asks, taking notice of her sister's demeanor.

"They want one of you." Clarke replies as she glances between her and Finn. "If we want a truce, we have to either give them Y/n or Finn. And the one who lives must... be tortured."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven questions.

"That's their offer." Clarke states.

Raven shakes her head. "That's not an offer."

"It's a punishment. For what happened at the village." Finn realizes. "Blood for blood."

"That's insane." Bellamy comments.

"If we refuse?" Abby asks, stepping towards her youngest daughter.

Clarke gulps. "They attack."

Shouts soon filled the air as people claimed that they should just give one of them up and hand them to the grounders. Y/n found her grip tightening in Finn's hand as Raven began shoving the people back who tried getting to the other two, a lot of people saying that they should give Finn up and not as much people saying the same about Y/n. Their words angered Raven, and even Clarke, but the blonde was a bit more smart as she tried to stop Raven. However, the Reyes girl was soon shoving even more people before punching at least two till she was being dragged away by two guards.

Soon enough, the crowd had dispersed, but Finn and Y/n could still see most people were angry. Her hand releasing from Finn's, the girl walks off and to the corner of the dropship where a campfire had been made. The girl seats herself down, tucking her knees close to her chest when Finn soon joined her. As he sat down beside her, he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close to him, his lips meeting her head as he kept her close. For a few minutes, they sat their until Murphy joined them, a gun in his hand.

"Hey, guys." Murphy greets, seating himself on the other side of Y/n. "Byrne actually gave me a gun. I guess we really are screwed, huh?" Neither of them answer. "Look, we kicked their asses last time. We'll do it again."

"A lot of people died last time." Finn reminds just as Bellamy and Clarke walk up to them.

"Hey. We're reinforcing all defenses. Doubles on the perimeter. No one's getting past that wire." Bellamy assures.

"We'll see where they're thin." Finn replies, him and Y/n sharing a glance.

Bellamy shakes his head. "No. You two should head inside. B corridor will be easier to defend if it comes to that."

"We're not gonna hide." Y/n protests.

"Right now, we have to think about keeping you both safe." Clarke tells him. "I'm gonna talk to Lincoln."

Bellamy then motions to two to follow him with his head. At first hesitant, they soon followed, leaving Clarke and Murphy behind.

The sun was now up and the grounders could still be seen a bit away from the camp. The same grounders that had led Clarke back to the camp the night before could still be seen outside the gates as they waited for either Finn or Y/n to come out and give themselves up. Y/n found herself walking into a part of the Ark after she had woken up earlier, not seeing Finn with her like the night before. Calling out for the boy's name, she soon caught sight of him crouched in front of two bags as he was packing one, the other already packed.

"What are you doing?" Y/n questions.

Finn stops, looking up at her. "I have to go. Both of us have to go."

"Where? There's nowhere to go." Y/n reminds. "There are grounders everywhere, Finn. They'll kill you."

"Maybe that's what I deserve." Finn admits, standing up. "For what I've done."

Y/n shakes her head. "You weren't the only one. I did that, too. If anything, I'm the one that deserves it since you only did that because you followed me."

"Y/n..." Finn begins, staring at her. "I'm in love with you. Everything that's happened, everything I've done. All that matters is that you're okay. That you live and survive."

At his confession, the Griffin girl felt tears come to her eyes as they stared at one another. She couldn't just let him die like this. But he couldn't let her die like this either. All they wanted was for one another to live while they suffered the punishment.

"Say something." Finn whispers.

Gulping, the girl continues to stare at one, not knowing what to say. Without hesitation, she found herself stepping over the bag and towards him, her hands cupping his cheeks as she pressed her lips to his. Hands and arms going around her waist, Finn immediately kisses back as he pulls her incredibly closer against him. Their lips moved together in sync in a passionate way, a bit different from the last time they had kissed, way before the battle against the grounders that happened. Eventually, needing air, they slowly pulled away and rested their foreheads against one another's.

"Don't leave. Please." Y/n pleas through a whisper, making him frown. "And I... I lo--"

However, like the very first time he had confessed to her, the girl was cut off, but not by an explosion. This time, it was by the sound of chanting. Still holding each other, their heads snapped to the entrance of the tent, stepping outside with curious expressions. The people inside the camp all tensed as the grounders continued chanting. Clarke was soon rushing to them, ushering them inside the Ark.