4| "𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋'𝗌."

CHAPTER FOUR:

"IT WAS OUR FATHER'S."

The birds chirping was loud as the sound of twigs snapping every couple minutes added to the sound

The birds chirping was loud as the sound of twigs snapping every couple minutes added to the sound. The sun was up and shining through the trees, showing that it was daytime. Hours had gone by since the group was left Camp Jaha. The occasional sound of chirping crickets could be heard in the tall grass and bushes, plenty of more insects being seen elsewhere throughout the large forest, where six figures could be seen walking along, only five of them holding guns in their hands.

Ever since they left Camp Jaha, the group had been following Murphy's words as he tried to recall where he last remembered the grounder camp was. Leading the way, Finn and Y/n found themselves holding hands, the pistols in their free ones as they continued down the pathway, their feet and the others feet occasionally stepping on the twigs that laid on the muddy ground beneath them.

"Alright, Murphy. Where to now?" Bellamy asks.

"What do you say we lose these first, huh?" Murphy suggests as he holds up his hands, motioning to the binds tying his wrists together.

Bellamy shakes his head. "No. Again."

"If we get attacked out here, I have nothing to defend myself with." Murphy argues.

"I don't care." Bellamy replies.

As they listened to the boys argument, Y/n and Finn had stopped in their tracks, turning around as the others had stopped as well. The two exchange a look before Y/n nods at Finn, to which he walks over in Murphy and Bellamy's direction, using a tool to cut the binds off the blue eyed boy's wrist before walking back to Y/n who began walking again. Murphy calls out a small 'thank you' to the brunette as Bellamy stares at them, catching up to the two.

"Hey. What the hell are you doing?" Bellamy questions.

"It was your idea to bring him." Finn reminds.

"Yeah, because he's the only one who's seen where the grounders keep their prisoners." Bellamy fires back.

Y/n sighs. "Then we probably shouldn't let him be defenseless out here. We can handle Murphy."

"Better hope so." Bellamy replies.

The older boy watches as they walk off together, continuing to lead the way. Minutes go by and Bellamy soon found himself in the front of the group, Murphy right behind him with Y/n and Finn behind him and Monroe and Sterling trailing behind the back. As they walked, Y/n thought about her mother, wondering if the guard and Kane had figured out that she had helped them leave and get Bellamy and Murphy out so they could find their own people.

All of a sudden, Murphy, as quietly as he could, lunges at Bellamy from behind, pushing him down as he also gets down himself, hissing for the others to get down. Y/n quickly grabs Finn's hand, pulling him down with her as them, Monroe and Sterling follow Murphy's actions as they hide behind some bushes. Just ahead of them, a few figures could be seen, old stuff looking to have been built.

"This is it." Murphy informs, looking to Bellamy. "Told you I'd find it."

Not saying a word to him, Bellamy raises the gun in his hand, looking through the scope to see if their people were here and imprisoned by the grounders. However, the only thing he could see what the grounders and no one else.

"I see nothing but grounders." Bellamy points out as Y/n grabs a gun from Sterling, looking through the scope. "Our people aren't here."

"Wait a minute. They've got stuff from our dropship." Y/n observes.

Lowering the gun, she hands it to Finn who grabs it, also looking through the scope, seeing that they did in fact have stuff from their dropship. Bellamy, as well, looks through his scope to see she was right.

"So, maybe they know where our friends are." Finn breathes out.

"Or maybe they killed them already." Murphy adds, giving his own suggestion.

Narrowing her eyes a bit, Y/n grabs the gun back from Finn, making him look at her as she looks back through the scope. Her gaze was stuck on a grounder who had a familiar looking watch around his neck.

"Son of a bitch." Y/n grumbles.

Bellamy furrows his brows, sharing a glance with Finn. "What is it?"

"The guy with the one eye. Around his neck." Y/n sneers quietly as Bellamy looks through his scope.

"What am I looking at?" Bellamy asks.

"He's got Clarke's watch." Y/n reveals with a scowl on her face. "It was our father's."

"She wouldn't give that up without a fight." Bellamy states, both knowing he was right.

The entire time, Finn stared at the girl he loves, watching as she was shaking with anger while she stared at the grounder through the scope, wanting nothing more than to beat the crap out of him and get her sister's watch back. All Finn knew, is that he'd be with her along the way to get their friends back.

"Neither will we." Finn replies.

"Okay. Finn, Y/n, you two are with me. Monroe, Sterling, you two stay here, out of sight. This thing goes south, take out the other grounders, but don't shoot the grounder with the watch." Bellamy orders, glancing right at Y/n as she hands Sterling's gun back. "Copy?"

They nod. "Copy."

"What about Murphy?" Monroe questions.

"Yeah, do I get a gun now?" Murphy adds in question.

Bellamy nods. "Something like that."

Roughly, he grabs the boy by his sleeve jacket, pulling him up to his feet before the four were sneaking off, leaving Sterling and Monroe to keep watch. Going into the forest as they got close to the grounder with Clarke's watch, Bellamy shoved two stones in Murphy's hands before him, Finn and Y/n were hiding behind the bushes. Murphy crouches behind a tree, beginning to clink the stones together loud enough for the grounder to hear.

Seeing the grounder get closer and closer, Y/n looks to Murphy, gesturing for him to hide with her and Finn in the bushes and he quickly does just as the grounder turns the corner. Seeing that his back was turned to him, Bellamy stands up just as the grounder faces his direction but was met with a rough hit to the face, sending him straight to the ground, knocking him unconscious. The group were quick to crouch beside his unconscious body, hoping that didn't catch anyone's attention as Y/n snatches her sister's watch off of his neck.

"We need to take him somewhere quiet." Bellamy tells them, looking at her and Finn.

"I know just the place." Finn informs.

Nodding in response, both boys grab ahold of the unconscious grounder, wrapping his arms around their shoulders as they sneak off, making sure not to be noticed by the grounders in the camp while Finn began to lead the way to their destination.