three

~~~The Start of Her Youth~~~

It seemed that first impressions didn't matter as much to the group of classmates. Because despite having gotten trapped by Y/N's Mind Technique, Shoko and Suguru still maintained a close friendship with her. 

And after they had spent months with each other, their friendship only grew stronger. Y/N found herself admiring Suguru for his principles. And Shoko became Y/N's best friend. 

As for Satoru, Y/N had a rather different view of him. She wasn't sure what exactly it was but after a late-night conversation with Shoko in an abandoned room they used as a secret hideout, Y/N learned what it was to have a crush. 

But denial was her initial reaction. 

"I don't like him like that," Y/N laughed, her hand moving in a dismissive wave. 

"Yes, you do!" Shoko giggled, eyes following Y/N's pacing movements. 

"No, that's too far-fetched, Sho," Y/N sternly said. "I don't know him well enough to like him romantically," she added. 

"Who cares," she laughed, finding her best friend's words rather amusing. "If you like him, ya like him," she stated in a matter-of-fact tone. 

"Whatever, it doesn't matter," the (h/c)-haired girl shook her head. 

"What do you mean?" Shoko straightened up, eyebrows raising in question. 

"We're talking about Satoru Gojo," Y/N reminded, breath huffed out in a scoff. "Every time we go out, he never misses a chance to flirt with random girls," she looked away, rolling her eyes. "And when I say never, I mean, never. Ever." 

"Aww, you jealous?" Shoko teased with a giggle. 

"Of course not," Y/N huffed. 

But her words didn't match her expression. Her face was turned away still as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her body shifted rather uncomfortably and she was trying to lie to both herself and Shoko. But Shoko saw the red tint on the edges of Y/N's face. 

"Satoru flirts with you, too," Shoko frowned. 

"Satoru doesn't know how not to flirt," Y/N giggled, causing Shoko to join in. 

Soon enough, the two girls were stuck in a fit of giggles, their cheeks getting sore due to the strain their faces held while continuously laughing. The brim of their eyes was filled with tears of laughter, their voices suddenly stopping when the door creaked open. 

"Having fun without us?" Suguru's voice echoed the dark walls of the small room. 

"Satoru, shouldn't you be sleeping?" Y/N slightly frowned as he took a seat on the floor next to her. 

"Says you, pretty one," he giggled, bopping Y/N's nose. 

Trying to hide her blush, Y/N looked away but her eyes met Shoko's stare midway. And in the brunette's stare, Y/N could see the teasing look she displayed. But Y/N ignored it and continued looking away until she was sure her blush had gone away.