twelve

~~~Promises~~~

~~~Promises~~~

Satoru could fucking cry at the sight of the goods Y/N had brought for him in the morning. After the girl he brought home last night had left, he was troubled by guilt. And at the sight of all the food plus the desserts as well as the new pair of sunglasses brought by Y/N, he felt even more guilty. 

He almost thought it was impossible to feel so much guilt yet the feeling residing within him proved him otherwise. He had to do something. Apologize. 

But what would he apologize for? 

He knew he hurt her, somehow. And he really wanted to apologize. He wanted to make things better. He didn't want to hurt her. But what did he do that hurt her in the first place? 

If only there was someone he could talk to. Someone who understood him. 

All his life, ever since he was born, Satoru had only been deemed as strong. The future of the Jujutsu World, they said. He was viewed as nothing more than just power. Until he got into the Academy. 

There, he met the first person to acknowledge him as a person rather than just power. Y/N had actually made him feel normal, not something he's privileged enough to appoint himself as. 

Maybe it was because he wasn't able to actually use his powers against her. But Satoru knew it was more than that. 

Y/N often asked him if he was okay like he could actually get hurt easily. She knew how powerful he was but constantly, she worried over him. 

Y/N wasn't afraid to criticize him or rather, nag his ears off every time he was being reckless. Which wasn't a rare occasion. He must have been a handful for her to handle. Yet she never once showed any doubts in their friendship nor did she ever show hints of wanting to leave him. 

It wasn't a question that Satoru loved Y/N. 

Even if he was easily deceived regarding the realness of his feelings, Satoru knew that the truth was that he loved her

Even if everything in the world turned out to be fake, the way his heart bloomed for her would remain real. 

Even if the connection they shared was nothing more than just a ploy created by their ancestors, the way he felt for her was real. 

And his love for her was rooted deep within his heart. 

Deeper than anything the Earth could offer. 

If their connection was an after-effect of their ancestors, that would mean that Y/N would probably feel the same way for him as he does for her. But even that could be a lie. 

But he knew, no matter what, through everything, Satoru loved Y/N

She made him feel ordinary in the most special way.