ten

~~~Just Her~~~

~~~Just Her~~~

The next day was a day free of work for Y/N, much to her relief. She hadn't been getting the best sleep lately, her mind troubled by a gut feeling that was rather haunting

Eyes wide open as she laid down in her bed, her fingers found comfort within the tangles of her warm blanket. Rest should be her priority considering the fact that her mind was still tired regardless of the sleep she had the night before. 

But even just lying down at that moment, she felt restless. Like something was wrong. Or rather, something will be wrong. 

The lack of knowledge regarding the future caused her uneasiness, snatching her freedom to enjoy her day off in relaxation. Needing a way to rid herself of her baseless worries, she decided there was only one person she could go to. Taking her phone from her bedside table, she scrolled on her screen in search of his contact name. 

Are you free? -Y/N

She turned to lay on her back while waiting for his text. Usually, he'd reply almost instantaneously but for some reason, it took him long to reply to her now. 

Y/N shrugged it off as maybe he hasn't woken up yet. After all, it was still quite early. But if he was working that day, he'd be up way before her. Making sure that he was indeed having an off day, Y/N decided to call Mr. Yaga. 

"Yes, Y/N?" The man answered in a monotoned voice. 

"Is Satoru working today?" She hopefully asked. 

"No, he is not," he sighed, sounding rather disappointed. 

"What's with that tone?" She queried, eyebrows furrowed as though offended. 

"Nothing," he replied. 

"Oka-"

Before the one-word sentence could even be finished, the call was hung up. Y/N sighed, familiar at the mannerism of the man she considered family. 

Checking back on the text, she could see that Satoru hadn't replied yet. She decided that maybe she should just surprise him with some food. Sure in her decision, Y/N began her day by making a small breakfast meal for Satoru. 

Once she was ready, she walked towards her car, the prepared meal warm inside the container. She drove to where his apartment was but along the way, she saw a small cafe that brought back memories of her youth. 

She remembered a day when the day had begun pouring and she saw a figure walking on the school's courtyard towards the gate, her eyes recognizing that person as...

...Suguru, wait for me!" Y/N ran faster towards the dark-haired teen, her bag perched on the top of her head to avoid the raindrops from drenching her completely. "Where are you going?' She panted upon reaching her friend.