12. If you touch him...

"Just when I thought you wouldn't disappoint me anymore you brought this man to our doorstep. Have you finally lost your mind, Haikuan?", sneered Wang Yi Lun in his study and Zhan bit his lips to stop himself from saying anything. He didn't want to make things worse and that's exactly what he would do if he opened his mouth. Some people used your own words against you. No matter what you said or did, they were set on hating you and that was exactly how things were between Xiao Zhan and Yibo's uncle. Xiao Zhan could bow down to this man till he took his last breath but he would still be nothing but a nuisance to Wang Yi Lun. Zhan had initially thought that his love for Yibo could convince Wang Yi Lun but apparently, it didn't. If anything, the more Zhan said that he loved Yibo with his whole heart, the more Yibo's uncle hated him. Zhan had given up trying to get through this man because it was not going to happen. Ever. It was a truth Zhan had admitted to himself a long time ago. "I haven't lost my mind, Uncle", began Haikuan with conviction in his voice and Zhan saw Yibo's uncle get angrier by the words. "Zhan has never done anything wrong to you so I request you to give him the respect he deserves. He is a man worthy to be invited here and I consider him my younger brother." "Younger brother? He is a man who was out to trap Yibo!! He is nothing but utter filth, Wang Haikuan!! Get him out of here or I will be forced to take matter into my own hands."  "You lay a hand on him and I will be forced to do something I will regret, uncle." The words had both Yi Lun and Zhan stiffening but a look at Haikuan told Zhan that Kuan didn't say the words in the heat of the moment. Haikuan meant every word. Zhan knew how much Haikuan respected his uncle which was why he grabbed Kuan's shoulder, stopping him from saying anything further. "Please, ge. Stop."
The soft voice had Haikuan looking at Xiao Zhan and the worry on that face made Haikuan even more determined to speak his mind once and for all.

"Does it feel good, Uncle? Knowing that you ruined Zhan's life? Knowing that you ruined your own nephew? The only mistake Zhan made was loving Yibo more than himself and he is still being degraded for it. How can you still look at him with disdain in your eyes? You should be in front of him with your hands clasped, begging him to help Yibo. You should be the one asking him to help Yibo because deep down you know that you are the one responsible for all of this. If only you had see how happy Yibo was. If only you had not been so blind in your arrogance my brother would have been happy and content with his life. He wouldn't have been a broken shell of himself. This is all on you, uncle. ALL ON-" A loud slap rang loud in the room and Zhan gasped seeing Haikuan's flaming red cheek. Wang Yi Lun was glaring at his nephew, his eyes burning with rage and Zhan turned to the man with frustration in his eyes. "Out of all the days why does it have to be today that you need to do this. You are angry at me. Why hurt Kuan-ge?" Zhan had never raised his voice in front of the man because Zhan thought of him as the father figure in Yibo's life. Unfortunately, the man was determined to forget his own place. "Why, you ask me? Listen here, Xiao Zhan. You might have my nephew wrapped around your finger but don't think for a second that I don't know your kind. All you care about is Yibo's money and name. Yibo failed to see it. Haikuan failed to see it but not me. I, Wang Yi Lun will never let you be with him. I would rather die than have a man like you breathing the same air as him. I have always protected my family and I will continue to do so." "You are making a mistake again, Uncle", Haikuan said through gritted teeth but the man before him was set on spewing venom from his mouth, all to hurt the man who had corrupted his nephew.

"Yibo left you before, remember? He came to his senses and chose Yifei. You aren't good for anything, Xiao Zhan. Even the Jiangs who were good to you, you brought nothing but shame and destruction to their door. Don't make me stoop down any lower. There won't be anything left of you after I am done. You got your hooks into him once, Xiao Zhan but not anymore. I have had a talk with Zheng Shou. Yifei and Yibo will be married in three months. Even if Yibo doesn't remember his past, he will have a good future. From where I am standing, there is nothing worth remembering in his past.  This greedy fox will be forever erased from my Yibo's head, Haikuan. One day you will understand that Uncle did this for the good of our family." The man walked past both Zhan and Haikuan and Zhan couldn't keep it in anymore. He had been accused of things he had never dreamt of and even if this man scoffed at his words, Zhan had to defend himself. He had to. He had stopped himself for so long but he couldn't anymore. "You say you did this for your family but from where I am standing, you did all of this for yourself, Mr. Wang. If the word family meant anything to you, you wouldn't have hurt your nephews the way you did." His words had Wang Yi Lun halting and turning back from the doors and Zhan squared his shoulders staring at the man in the eye. "No wonder Yibo said no one understands him. No wonder he can't trust you. I am myself questioning every decision you made for him. At first, I thought you genuinely considered him and Kuan-ge your sons but they are just pawns to you. Just means to get what you want. You might have all the wealth in the world and maybe that name of yours will be in the newspapers everyday but you won't have the love of your family, Mr. Wang. The two people who love and respect you most in the world will never be happy and I wish that one thought haunts you everyday. You have taken away their reasons to be happy. I hope the world sees you as you are. I might be a greedy fox in your eyes but at least I am not lonely, selfish or someone who in light of love is ruining his children." "You insolent bastard!!", Yi Lun roared and just as he raised his hand in the air two things happened simultaneously. Zhan was pulled back by Haikuan and a cold voice was heard from the door. "Touch him and I will make sure it is the last thing you do." Zhan looked up to see Yibo storming into the room and with a harsh tug Zhan was pulled out of Haikuan's arms. Zhan found himself buried in Yibo's chest and his fingers clenched in Yibo's shirt when he felt the deadly aura coming off Yibo. "What is the meaning of this, Yibo?", spoke Yi Lun shocked at his nephew's actions but Yibo paid him no attention checking over Zhan for any possible injuries. When he was satisfied that Zhan was unharmed, some of the tension coiled in his muscles eased and Zhan was nudged towards the door. "Leave. I will find you later." The look on Yibo's face told Zhan to agree with his demands and Zhan looked back at Haikuan in apology before leaving the study. The three Wangs were left alone in the room with each of them glaring at one another mirroring each other's rage.

"I don't care what happened right now. He is not to be touched and no one..no one will speak to him the way you just did, Uncle." A worried look came on Yi Lun's face and he walked to his younger nephew holding him by his shoulders. "What did he say to you, Yibo? Why have you become this way? Whatever he told you are all lies. He is a liar, Yibo. He is just after your money and has blinded you both with his innocent face. Don't be swayed, Yibo. That bastard will spread his legs for anything that moves if only it keeps him fed and clothed. He is using you. USING YOU!!!!" Wang Yi Lun shook his nephew hard but the lack of response from Yibo had his shoulders dropping in defeat. That wretched man had managed to brainwash his precious Yibo again. Hatred burned Yi Lun from within like never before and his sole thought was of hurting Xiao Zhan. He was going to destroy that swine. Destroy him. Dark thoughts were clouding his brain but a harsh grip on his wrist brought him back.  He found Yibo staring right at him with warning in his eyes. "Don't even think about it. I have said it before and because you are related to me by blood I am making an exception and repeating my words, Touch a hair on his head and it will be the last thing you do." The words dripped with menace and Haikuan could only stare at his younger brother in astonishment. Yibo had never spoken to their Uncle this way. Zhan had brought this out in him and Haikuan wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not. While Yibo being protective over Zhan sounded good, the threat in Yibo's eyes made Kuan wary. Yibo had every intention of following through. He would hurt anyone who bothered Xiao Zhan. Haikuan couldn't explain why his spine tingled in fear with that thought.