23. He lied, Xuan...

"Yibo!!!",exclaimed a really happy voice and Yibo was immediately engulfed in a bear hug which made him uncomfortable as fuck. "Don't touch me", he warned and saw his cousin make a face. "Yibo, I came to meet you and this is the welcome you give your elder brother?", complained Shu Wei and Yibo resisted the urge to push the man away. He was standing far too fucking close for Yibo's liking and behaving as if they were extremely close. "I have only one brother", Yibo clarified and for a second saw Shu Wei's features hardening. The look was covered with a fond smile in a second and then Yibo pulled away. There was just something about his cousin that rubbed Yibo the wrong way. It could be the overly friendly pretentious behavior, the way Shu Wei acted as if he was Yibo's elder brother and had some sort of responsibilities towards Yibo or the simple fact that he was an asshole. Whatever it may be, Yibo had hated the man on sight.

"Why are you here?", Yibo questioned sharply and his eye twitched when Shu Wei sat on his chair and tossed away the opened file on his desk. "I was back from my vacation when uncle called. Said that he needed me to handle some important projects. I mean, not that I am saying that Haikuan can't do it. It's just that uncle needed a...second opinion", Shu Wei concluded and Yibo bit back a growl. Yep, the man was clearly still as asshole. It hadn't escaped Yibo how the man pretended to be better than both him and Haikuan in front of Wang Yi Lun. It was something Yibo had noticed right away within the first week of getting out of the hospital. "It's good that you took a vacation. I mean after the deal with the Fengxin tech blew up...I can understand you needed it. Haikuan had to do a lot of work to get them back", Yibo said with a smirk and the smile on Shu Wei's face dropped. 'Yeah take that, fucker', thought Yibo. Yibo tried to search through his memories and find something relevant to the man but couldn't. He knew he hated Shu Wei. Yibo just couldn't find out why. "So are you here to tell me about those important projects or you're just here to waste my time", said Yibo dropping the pleasantries and Shu Wei smiled at him again. Again the same serene smile that annoyed Yibo. "I came to talk to you about something important, Yibo. Something far more important than the projects." Yibo raised a brow at the man hoping he would elaborate but suddenly the door to Yibo's office opened and Haoxuan slipped in, visibly shocked at seeing Shu Wei sitting in Yibo's chair. "Haven't you learned how to knock?", hissed Shu Wei and Haoxuan ignored the man, moving to Yibo instead. "The new consignment, boss. Everything looks good." Looking through the papers briefly Yibo nodded and signed the papers. "Tell him to stay in the VIP room. Make sure he is comfortable. I will be there shortly", said Yibo referring to his baobei and Xuan smiled. "Sure. The staff really wants to get to know him and will gladly help him kill time while you chat with your brother",he said lowly and Yibo glared at his assistant. Haoxuan saw the killer intent in his boss' eyes and immediately shut his mouth, making a beeline for the door.

Seeing that they were alone again Yibo looked over to his cousin. "What are you here for? I have somewhere else to be", Yibo asked curtly running out of patience and a look of pure concern came on Shu Wei's face. "I know you have started seeing Xiao Zhan again, Yibo", came the response and Wang Yibo stiffened. "How do you know Zhan?", he demanded through clenched teeth and saw guilt flash on his cousin's face. "Uncle told me about what happened at Haikuan's party. I had to come and see you Yibo. See you so that I could warn you." "Warn me about what?" Yibo's voice had turned cold and dangerous and Shu Wei sighed. "There is a reason why our uncle hates Zhan, Yibo. He always knew Xiao Zhan was not right for you but dislike changed into hatred because...because Zhan slept with me." The words were barely out of Shu Wei's mouth when Yibo grabbed his collars and slammed him against the nearest wall. "What the fuck did you say?",yelled Yibo and Shu Wei slumped against his wall making Yibo's hands dig into him painfully.

"Uncle offered Zhan some money to leave you. He laughed at uncle and told him he wouldn't. Said that he had you and you were ready to spend millions on him, why would he leave you for a few thousands. Uncle was enraged. He bought the Jiang company saying it was to compensate for the losses Wangs had in their company. It was a lie. We never lost anything to them but uncle did it to teach Xiao Zhan a lesson. I know uncle was wrong but he was hurt, Yibo. Seeing his nephew get toyed with was too much. He told you to leave Zhan but he had too much power over you. You were ready to leave everything for him." Yibo's face was a mask of cold fury, his eyes glacial and Shu Wei hung his head low as if in shame. "I know you don't remember everything and I was partly glad that you don't. Yibo...you saw him with me. I wanted to make you see the truth and I told Zhan that your uncle was giving the company to me. That he was going to disown you. He...he started to ignore you and started getting close to me. I saw him ignoring your calls while he went on dates with me. One night, I got too drunk and the next thing I know...he was kissing me. I know you loved him, Yibo. I know you did and gege regrets betraying you but....even though you hated me, I guessed it was better that you resented me rather than having Zhan in your life. You confronted him and he started saying things like I forced him...turned the entire thing around but you have never been a fool. Once you saw his reality you started to see Yifei and sent him away. He knew he had lost you and wouldn't get another dime from you so he stayed there. That goddamn business he has in Chonqing is all because of your money, Yibo and he came back because he needs more. It was never about you. I am sure he has told you about needing an investor. He is taking advantage of you, Yibo. He has always used you and he is still using you. Your uncle and me, we care for you, Yibo. Even Haikuan was too attached to Zhan and believed his lied. I know how much this will hurt you but someone needs to tell you the truth."

Shu Wei was breathing heavily by the end of his declaration and Yibo took a step back, his knees buckling. He supported himself against his desk and cradled his head in his palms, trembling. "I want to be alone", he said shakily and Shu Wei fixed his clothes and then patted Yibo's head. "You might not feel the same but I love you just like Haikuan loves you, Yibo. I wanted to protect you. Your attack gave me a chance to restart things. I selfishly thought that I could forget everything that happened in the past and dote on you like before. But, now I had to tell you the truth again and I lost my brother again. Sleeping with him cost me my family, Yibo. I lost you because of him. I will never forgive myself for what I did to you but I will also show you his true nature. If you decide you never want to see my face after this, I will make peace with it. But, don't make the same mistake again, Yibo. People like Xiao Zhan don't change. They never change." Saying the words Shu Wei left Yibo's office and a dark smile made its way on Shu Wei's lips when he heard a loud shout behind him along with something shattering against the floor. He saw Haoxuan rushing towards Yibo's office and walked away with a smile.

"Boss? Yibo? Yibo!!!Fuck!!", Haoxuan rushed to Yibo's side when he saw the man sitting on the floor, his back against the wall and everything around him a fucking mess. The broken glass, upturned desk, scattered papers didn't worry Xuan as much as the devastation on Yibo's face did. "Yibo? Are you okay, man? Hey!! Yibo!!", Haoxuan called and froze when he took in Yibo's bloodied hands and red eyes. If Xuan didn't know any better he would have assumed someone passed away seeing the sorrow on Yibo's face. There were tears burning in Yibo's eyes and Haoxuan took his phone out immediately, making a call. "In his office. Hurry up", was the only thing he could say and Yibo wiped his cheeks, smearing blood all over his face as he whispered brokenly,  "He lied, Xuan.. He lied."