28. The Wooden Figures...

Yibo was working on his laptop when his eyes fell on the corner of his living room and Yibo's eye twitched again seeing what was kept on the table, beside the lamp. He heard a chuckle from behind him and his eyes narrowed. "You know I can hear you", he muttered unimpressed and the chuckle morphed into a full blown laugh. Yibo turned around to see Zhan bent at his waist, his shoulders shaking and while he considered the sight beautiful most days, he was annoyed as fuck at the moment. "I am telling you that man has something against me. We should get our money back", he grumbled and Zhan bit his lips nodding. "I think so too. I mean what are the chances that you got stuck with another one of those wooden pieces. Surely that eighty year old man is conspiring against you." "I would have thought you were serious if you hadn't wheezed those words out", Yibo scowled at the man he loved and then turned to the said wooden figures which were almost mocking him. No matter what Zhan said, Yibo knew the old man had set him up. The old man had recognised him and had planned to embarrass him in front of Zhan. "That old man knew me. He set me up. My eyes were closed when I was playing that stupid game. The ring might have landed on something big and he didn't want any losses, that's why he gave me another one of those hideous figurines", Yibo spat and heard Zhan laugh again.

"Yeah...Yeah. Maybe you should sue him for foul play. After all it was only me, the shopkeeper and thirty other people who saw you throw the ring", Zhan said sarcastically but backed up with his hands in the air when he saw Yibo's expression. "Okay. I won't say anything again." A traitorous laugh still left his mouth and Yibo dashed to his side, picking him up. A harsh bite was dropped on Zhan's shoulder and Zhan hissed trying to fight the tight hold on his waist. "That hurts! Ahhh!", he yelled when Yibo's teeth dug in an another sensitive spot but that cry turned into a moan when Yibo sucked at the patch of skin. "Maybe your husband needs to teach you a lesson, baobei." Another moan left Zhan's lips when Yibo mouthed the skin below his ear and hands travelled upto his nipples to pluck on them. Their breaths were getting heavy and Yibo was a single breath away from hauling Zhan over his shoulder and taking him to the bedroom when the doorbell rang. "Fuck!!" Yibo cursed and Zhan laughed lightly, placing a kiss on Yibo's lips. "I'll open it." Zhan fixed his clothes and fanned his face while Yibo took a deep breath to get his body under control. The door opened and Yibo groaned hearing his brother's voice.

"What are you doing here?", he said rather rudely and got elbowed in the ribs by Zhan. "Sorry for the interruption but this couldn't wait", Kuan said with a knowing smile and Yibo rolled his eyes knowing his brother was enjoying this. "Is everything okay?", Zhan asked politely and Haikuan eyed him and Yibo before nodding his head. "Everything is fine now." His meaning was clear because both Zhan and Yibo gave him genuine smiles and Kuan smiled back. "I didn't want to disturb but you wanted reports of some of the projects Shu Wei handled. They are here and so are the details of the project you are leading." Haikuan handed the files to Yibo who started to skim through the pages and Zhan turned to him. "You are working for Kuan-ge?", he asked with a smile and Yibo nodded. "His nightclub is doing well and he has finally realised that his brother needs help so Yibo is lending me a hand", Kuan said with a fond look on his face and Zhan beamed. "That's great. That reminds me Kuan-ge, Zhuocheng's birthday is next week. We are still trying to work out the venue but please make sure your schedule is clear. It's been a while since all of us hung out together." "Sure. Let's do it at Yibo's club", Haikuan suggested and Zhan smiled wide. "That's a great idea. Let's do that, Yibo?", Zhan asked and Yibo nodded. "I will talk to Lu Jie and ask her what she is planning." Zhan nodded enthusiastically and Haikuan knew something had monumentally shifted between Xiao Zhan and Yibo. Zhan was smiling more, his laughs came more easily and there was only love on that face. He was about to say something when his eyes fell on Zhan's hand and everything clicked into place. "You..you guys", Haikuan was suddenly at a loss of words and Yibo kissed Zhan's head. "He's mine now", Yibo stated possessively and Haikuan smiled wide. "Congratulations", he said hugging Zhan and the younger blushed. "I am happy for you Yibo", he said hugging his brother and Yibo smiled. "Thanks, ge. So now you know why I was unhappy you came here. I need some time with my baobei before I drown myself in work. I will see you in office tomorrow, ge", Yibo informed and Haikuan nodded his head laughing. Everything was going to be just fine now. He knew it.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." Haikuan turned to the door smiling but something caught his eye. "Wasn't there only one of those things here in your house when I came the last time?", he asked puzzled and Zhan laughed so hard, Kuan was taken aback. He looked back to see Zhan covering his face and Yibo closing his eyes as if asking for strength from the heavens above. "Ignore it, ge. Please." Seeing Zhan laugh Kuan assumed it was definitely something hilarious and gestured Zhan to tell him later. Zhan nodded and Kuan left Yibo house, smiling as he heard his brother's and Zhan's laugh behind him.

"Good work, Mr. Han", Haikuan praised as the presentation ended and noticed Shu Wei who was smirking over the outcome of the meeting. "You have covered all the grounds I wanted. You can go forth with this." The man he was talking to nodded and Haikuan leaned on over his table as he began speaking. "Good work today, guys. Moreover, I would like to inform everyone that Yibo is joining our team for our deal with Zhaixing Connects. He has made a detailed plan regarding our approach and has suggested some changes. I would like for everyone to take a look and give your views regarding the matter." "Yibo has his hands full with the club, Haikuan. Are you sure Yibo will be able to give this project time?", Shu Wei said with a laugh but Haikuan knew the laugh was forced. "I have decided to give this my full attention, Shu Wei", came Yibo voice from the other end of the room and Haikuan watched as Shu Wei's lips thinned.

"Morning, everyone." Yibo walked into the conference hall oozing confidence and class and the atmosphere of the room changed. Everyone looked at Yibo and they saw a man who was known to be a great negotiator and his mere body language suggested he was here to do business. No bullshit. Just pure business. This was one of the reasons why Yibo was still the COO of the company. Yibo might not act as the prime figure in the company but his presence was very much appreciated. Yibo looked to Haikuan who nodded and the lights of the conference hall dimmed again as Yibo took charge. Fifteen minutes later the room was buzzing with energy and Shu Wei was red in the face because of the mistakes Yibo had pointed out in their initial plan, which was made by Shu Wei. "If there is anyone who has better suggestions we will discuss it again after two days. I would like you all to go through this and then make your points. I want this deal cracked, everyone." Yibo's stern expression had people shifting in their seats and soon everyone was dismissed.

"It's a good plan", Haikuan said and Yibo nodded. "We need to make sure our losses don't outweigh our profits. Just getting the deal isn't important. We want good results." "I must say you did your research, Yibo", intervened Shu Wei and Yibo turned to him with a straight face. "It's a good thing that one of us did. If we went forward with your plan we might have lost another client", Yibo snapped and Shu Wei's face changed color. "Are you saying I am incompetent at my job?", Shu Wei hissed, glaring and Yibo glared right back at the man . "I am saying you need to become more careful, Shu Wei. Uncle won't overlook all of your mistakes. You have lost us three of our promising projects this year and there are other things uncle doesn't know about. If you aren't careful you might find yourself at the other side of the door of Wang Corporation." "I have worked for this company for seven years." "Your work should reflect that. It doesn't, which means you are in a pickle, Shu Wei." Shu Wei gathered his stuff from the table, his nostrils flaring and walked away his feet halting at the door. "It's a good things our little brother has grown up, Haikuan. Taking decisions on his own. Uncle will be proud." With that last jab, Shu Wei was out of the door and Haikuan patted Yibo's back who was imagining punching Shu Wei in the fucking face. "You did good. He will definitely do something now", Kuan said softly and Yibo smirked. "That's what I am counting on. This humiliation was just a preview, ge. I am going to show this man what it means to get on the wrong side of Wang Yibo. He has made too many mistakes. Now it's payback time."