35. Help me, Yibo...

Haikuan held his brother as he screamed and yelled at their uncle. He could see his uncle trembling as Yibo accused him of hurting his own nephew. The things Yibo had just said were repeating in everyone's head and Wang Yi Lun shook his head, vehemently denying the words. "I didn't! I would never do that!", Wang Yi Lun said urgently looking at Yibo. How could Yibo even think that he would try to hurt him. Wang Yi Lun loved Yibo like his own child and had always wanted the best for him. "Shu Wei was the one who told Li ZiYan about me. He paid that truck driver to push me off the bridge but I survived. Tell me uncle, did you tell him to do it? You found out that I wanted to see Zhan so you planned to get me killed." "I DIDN'T! I have raised you as my son, Yibo. And Shu Wei is your brother. How can you even think he did-" "The only person who hated me enough to kill me is Shu Wei. You wanted Zhan out if your way and he wanted me out of his...you raised a good son for yourself, Wang Yi Lun. Someone who is just as hateful as you, just as conniving as you." "I would never hurt you, Yibo. I love you like my own son. I would-" "THEY ARE ALL LIES!!!", Yibo screamed and their uncle staggered away due to Yibo's outburst. "You have never seen me as your son, Wang Yi Lun. If you loved me, you wouldn't have stooped so low. You wouldn't have hurt Zhan the way you did. The only person you love is yourself. You couldn't even love your own fucking brother! How can I expect you to love me." A hollow laugh escaped Yibo as he righted himself, wiping the tears that left his eyes. "You lost, Wang Yi Lun. You lost because my Zhan is still with me. I will never let him go. The only way that will happen is when you drive a knife in my heart and you are welcome to try." Yibo stared at his uncle and let out a harsh exhale, a calm surrounding his senses.
"You wanted your reputation, right? You have it. You don't have a nephew who will tarnish your name now. Live thinking that your nephew died in the car crash a year ago, Wang Yi Lun. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. You lost your brother and now you have lost your son as well. Maybe my father also knew he would never get your blessings. Maybe your hatred is what killed my parents. Live with that fact for the rest of your life, Mr. Wang. You are the one who destroyed your family. All because you loved your hollow reputation more than us." Yibo turned around and walked away not sparing the old man another glance. "Yibo, let Yingpei drop you." Yibo nodded at the words and let Yingpei lead him out of the office building. He heard his uncle's angry yells and broken cries but he didn't turn around. He was done. He didn't want any of this toxicity around him anymore. Yibo seated himself in the car and unlocked his phone, staring at his screensaver. It was a picture of his Baobei smiling in the morning light and right now, Yibo needed to see this face. He needed to forget all the hate and anger that surrounded him and only Zhan could help him do that. "Where should I take you, second master?", Yingpei questioned and the only word Yibo could respond with was, "Zhan."

Zhan was in Yibo's house working on his laptop when he heard a familiar name on the news channel. Turning up the volume, Zhan stared at the screen as photos of Shu Wei getting dragged out of Wang Enterprises were displayed on the screen. The reporter was standing outside saying that Shu Wei was facing charges of fraud and embezzlement and Zhan's eyes widened. Finding his phone, Zhan called Yibo but when he got no answer. Cursing Zhan called Haikuan next. The man picked up on the third ring and Zhan let out a relieved sigh hearing the elder's voice. "I just heard the news", he blurted and for a moment there was silence on the other end. "Yibo has just left the building, Zhan. He isn't in good shape. I have to stay back to care of things here. Take care of him when he comes home. He has had a rough day." Zhan nodded his head and hummed on realising that the elder couldn't see him. "Will you be okay?", he asked softly and Kuan said yes. "What happened today should have happened a long while ago, Zhan. You and Yibo were forced to stay apart because of certain things but now things will be fine. Take care of yourself, Zhan." "You too, Kuan-ge." Zhan was lost in thought and when the door bell rang Zhan dashed in its direction. "You got here so fast", he said as he opened the door and the person on the other end of the door gave him a smile. "I had no idea you were waiting but this makes me happy, sweet thing." Zhan tried to close the door but the man kicked the door open, grabbing Zhan. "Not so fast, Zhan. I came all the way here, at least hear me out." Zhan bit the hand that was holding him and kicked the man in the shins breaking free. He ran to the kitchen to find something sharp but Ling Yongjie was hot on his heels and managed to grab him before he could get a knife. "So fiesty! No wonder your boyfriend keeps you away from everyone's eyes. You are a fucking treat, Xiao Zhan." Zhan struggled against the man's grip grunting and yelling but the grip on him only got tighter. Yongjie dragged him to the sofa and pushed him down on it, pulling his arms behind. "Let me go!", Zhan grunted as the man tied his wrists and heard a low chuckle. "So soon? Now you are breaking my heart, Xiao Zhan.  I promised your boyfriend that I will take everything away from him. He should have hidden you better." Bile rose in Zhan's throat when Yongjie sniffed his hair and tears of frustration pricked his eyes when Yongjie tied a gag around his mouth. "I promise I will treat you well, Zhan-Zhan. Once your boyfriend returns our club to us, I will let you go....or maybe not. You are too sweet to let go, Zhan." Zhan fought the man with every ounce of will and strength he could muster but couldn't get free. He exhausted himself making it easier for Ling Yongjie to drag him out of the penthouse. He screamed Yibo's name over and over again but the gag around his mouth made it impossible for anyone to hear him. Yongjie dragged him out of the building through the fire escape and when he pushed Zhan into a van, a feeling of dread came over him. "Have a sweet sleep, Zhan-Zhan." "Help me, Yibo." The words never escaped Zhan's mouth. A cloth covered in a chemical was placed on Zhan's nose and seconds later, Zhan's vision turned dark.

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!" Blinding pain erupted as the punch landed hard on Yibo's face. Yibo righted himself wiping the blood off his nose and picked his phone up which had fallen on the rug because of the hit. "Who took him, Yibo?", Xuan Lu questioned with worried eyes and Yibo told her it was Ling Yongjie. "I told you, Jie. This man will bring nothing but danger to Zhan." "Screaming and blaming will not help anyone, Zhuocheng. We need to find Zhan", Yubin's voice was hard and his glare shut Zhuocheng up. "I called YiZhou and JiLi. The cops will be here any moment. Did you check the footage?", Haikuan asked Haoxuan who nodded his head. "He used the fire escape. The cameras didn't record anything." Yibo heard the words but stayed quiet. "This place was supposed to be safe!! If something happens to Zhan, I am going to kill you, Wang Yibo", Zhoucheng spat seething in the corner but Yibo paid him no attention. His only concern was finding his Baobei. The cold, bone chilling fear that was settled in his stomach was gnawing his insides but he needed to stay calm. He needed to think straight. He had already put a lot of his men on work. He was going to find his Baobei. And then he was going to gut that fucking Ling Yongjie and his father. His doorbell rang and Xuan opened it everyone in the room freezing when people clad in dark suit entered Yibo's house. The man motioned one of his men to take charge and a young boy started to set up his system in Yibo's living room. "He is good at what he does. He will track that motherfucker's car and you will have your lover's location." Everyone in the room was extremely uncomfortable except for Wang Yibo who had already become used to the man's presence. The man's eyes roamed over everyone in the room and they stuck on Xuan Lu's face. He made his way to the woman stopping a feet away from her. "I am Rong Shan. And you are?", he asked introducing himself, taking in Lu's trembling form no doubt because she knew who he was. Wu Rong Shan was a man a lot of people in the city were familiar with. The man ruled all the dark businesses in the area and his handsome face hid a monster that Yibo had seen come out on more than one occasion. Xuan Lu cowered away hiding behind Zhuocheng who had come to stand between Rong Shan and his sister. "Rude", the man clicked his tongue and moved to Yibo's side. "You know this guy?", Cheng questioned with an arched brow and a sweating forehead and Yibo looked up to the man. "It has been over an hour." "That means your lover is still safe and most probably being taken to one of Yongjie's places. Did you put your guys to work?", the man asked and nodded seeing the look on Yibo's face. Of course, Yibo had. He had done it the moment he had seen signs of struggle in the place. The moment Yibo stepped into the house he had known Zhan was taken. It could be because of how lifeless Yibo's usually warm house was.
"Found him", came a small voice from behind them and both men moved to the boy, Rong Shan invading the boy's personal space. "You are amazing, A-Yu", Yibo saw the man kiss the young man on his cheek and a blush turned A-Yu's face red. "They are here. The place is pretty deserted and around a forty five minute ride." Yibo nodded and walked to his room, getting the gun hidden deep beneath the coats and tucked it into his jeans. "Take these", came Xuan's voice and Yibo eyed the papers briefly. "This won't be needed." "They might hurt Zhan, Yibo. The club isn't important enough." Haoxuan saw Yibo turn to him and Xuan could see the rage Yibo was hiding in his eyes. A Cold and dark wrath was shining in those eyes and Haoxuan knew Yongjie had made the last mistake of his life. With the way Yibo looked, he was going to bludgeon the guy to death and still not be done with him. "I will bring him back. Nothing will happen to him." Yibo left the room and Xuan made his way down to see Rong Shan kissing A-Yu's head. Xuan didn't know the cold blooded killer was capable of such gentleness. "Don't stare, Haoxuan. We both know I am less of a monster than your dear boss. Yibo is going to torture the fucker until that Yongjie is begging for his life and I know that Yibo isn't going to give it to him that easy." "With what he has done the bastard will be lucky if he dies fast."