19. Tell me...

"Y-Yibo..please. Don't do this. You said you would convince your uncle. Why are you doing this? Why are you marrying her?" Tears were streaming down Zhan's cheeks and Yibo stood there with a blank look on his face, his hands by his side. "It has to be this way, Zhan. You have to leave." Yibo said coldly, his gaze glacial and Zhan stepped forward hugging Yibo close. "Don't say that. Yibo, I love you. I can't live without you. I know you feel the same. You do love me. Just tell me what's happening. Why are you saying all this? Did your uncle say anything? Yibo...please." The words broke off on a cry and Yibo gently removed the hands that were around him, letting Zhan fall to the ground before him. "I am done having fun with you, Xiao Zhan. I am done playing around. I need to get serious with my life and Yifei is the right choice for me. I know you got too attached and I care about you, that is why I am asking you to leave. I don't want you to get hurt unnecessarily and I don't want Yifei uncomfortable because of us. Just leave. That will be the best for both of us." Yibo's hands were deep in his pockets and he saw Zhan raise his face, the dark eyes filled with pain and a hint of anger. "You don't care, Wang Yibo. If you did, you wouldn't have done this to me." The words were barely above a whisper but Yibo heard them loud and clear as if Zhan had yelled them to his face. Zhan stood up shakily, his hands carelessly wiping his tears and Yibo dug his hands deeper into his pockets. "You promised me you wouldn't let me go. You promised me you would keep me happy. How hollow those words were. But, I want you to know that I won't stop loving you. You might have made those promises with no intention of keeping them but I didn't. I never lied to you, Wang Yibo. I loved you with everything in me and I always will." Zhan stared into Yibo's dark eyes and a bitter smile curved his lips. "I am glad you had fun, Yibo. I will leave. If this is what you want, then I will leave and I will never come back. My love for you isn't selfish. I will be happy knowing that you got what you wanted but I will wait, Yibo. I will wait for you. I will still love you." Yibo stood still as Zhan reduced the distance between them and placed his quivering lips over Yibo's in a soft kiss. "I love you, Yibo. Goodbye." With those last words, Zhan turned around and walked away leaving Yibo behind.

The hands that were deep into Yibo's pockets came out and Yibo wiped away the tear that escaped his eye as he watched Zhan. His hands trembled but he clenched them into fists. His hands longed to pull Zhan to him, to wipe those tears away but Yibo had no right to. After all, he was the one who made his Zhan-Zhan cry. Yibo's vision blurred with tears and he could only say, "My love for you isn't selfish either, Xiao Zhan. I love you more than I love anything else in the world. This is why I can't let you get hurt." Yibo stood at the same spot even after Zhan left and he was about to leave the other way when he heard someone's voice from behind him. "Stop him. Don't let him leave." Yibo turned around and his eyes widened when he saw himself standing feets away from him. A clear image of him staring at him with contempt in his eyes. "W-What? Who are you?", he spluttered in surprise but saw his own self raise an eyebrow at him. "You know who I am. Don't let him go. You will die without him, Wang Yibo. His love is the one thing that gives you the will to wake up everyday. Without him...you will be finished." The words brought a dejected look on Yibo's face and he stared at the ground, ashamed of himself. He wanted to take Zhan for himself and keep his Baobei happy but he couldn't. "With me...he will suffer. They will hurt him. He will start hating me." "Stop being a coward, Wang Yibo!!!", roared his other self and Yibo stared longingly at the spot where Zhan was minutes ago. His helplessness must have been clear on his face because the look of frustration on the face of his reflection turned into a look of disgust. "He is right. You never cared for him. If you did, you wouldn't have done this to him. But I will not make the same mistakes you did, Wang Yibo. I will never let him go. I will fight everyone that stands in my way. I will protect Zhan with my life. No one will keep me away from him." The man then ran past Yibo after Zhan and Yibo stood frozen, his eyes wide. Somewhere in his head he heard his own voice telling Zhan he wouldn't let him go and then he heard his Baobei's voice saying, "All yours, Yibo."