34. Did you, Uncle....

Wang Haikuan sat on his chair, his eyes fixed on the men surrounding the table who appeared confused. All the men in the room were strong pillars of his company and Haikuan respected some of them for the guidance they had given him all these years. But, today was the real test of how deep their loyalty ran to Haikuan. "You called us all here urgently and haven't said a word to us. Is everything alright, Haikuan?", asked his uncle and Kuan saw worry in those eyes. "Something has come to my notice, Uncle. There is a problem that needs to be rectified immediately." "What problem?", asked one of the men and Haikuan turned to Yibo who eyed everyone carefully. These days there was something dangerous brimming under his younger brother's dark eyes and Haikuan was sure something similar could be seen in his eyes as well. Maybe that is why the people around them were so wary of them. For so many years the Wang brothers had been used and fooled. They had become tools and were betrayed by the ones closest to them but, not anymore. It was time to give their enemies what they deserved. A sharp knock came on the door and three people entered, all looking at the group of men before them with anxious eyes. Shu Wei tried his best to hide his nervousness behind his blank face but he failed miserably and it made Haikuan smirk inwardly. "You people must remember the inquiry that happened two weeks ago. As its result, various things have come to light", Haikuan explained and saw the three stiffen slightly. "Yibo." At his brother's instructions Yibo stood up and slid a file to the centre of the table, his face showing none of the anger he felt under his skin. "We lost seven high profile clients in the last three years and my brother grew curious as to why it happened. The reason for the investigation was to find out what had been happening and we found the reason. It seems that these three people were stealing and selling our ideas to our competitors." "No"..."I didn't" The words immediately left the two standing beside Shu Wei but he was surprisingly silent.

"Miss Xiang had worked on three of these deals and twice we lost the project to the Zhengs. Both times a good amount of money was wired to Miss Xiang's account and an employee of Zheng admitted that Miss Xiang approached him. As for Mr. Chen, he has been stealing money from us for years now. This file has records of how much he made off the deals that we got. In fact, he made more than my brother on the deal with Zhen Xin Tech.The profits that go into Mr. Chen's pockets are more than what you get paid, gentlemen. No wonder he has been buying properties left and right all over the country. Tell me, Mr. Han what should be done with these two." "Call the authorities and press charges over them. Every penny they stole from the company should be repaid with interest." Yibo's lips quirked at the older man's words. "Thats a great idea." "No..No. I just did what I was told. Please..Please, I don't want to go to jail", begged Xiang Mi and everyone's face turned darker at her words. "Who told you to do this?", came Haikuan's sharp voice and the woman turned her eyes to Shu Wei.

"Young master S-Shu. He told me to have a meeting with Zhuo Sheng. I..I gave him our plans and we lost the deals. He...I got a lot of money and he told me no one would find out!! P-Please, I don't want to go to prison." Yibo turned his eyes to Shu Wei who stood as still as a statue. "Is that true, Young master Shu?", Yibo asked and Shu Wei's eyes met his blazing with fury. "She is lying. I never said anything like that. But yes, I am to blame because I was heading the projects you are talking about. I am at fault for not realising things sooner." The words were spoken so sincerely, Yibo wanted to applaud Shu Wei skills. "It's not your fault, Shu Wei", came Wang Yi Lun's voice and all eyes turned to him. "Clearly this woman and Chen Yi are to blame and they will be punished. I will see it myself that this matter is taken care of." Various heads nodded at the man's words and Yibo took note of everyone who agreed. All of them needed to be replaced. "What about the allegations on Shu Wei?", asked Mr. Han and Yibo almost smiled at the dark look Wang Yi Lun gave the old man. "They are all lies." "I'm afraid it isn't this simple, uncle." It was Haikuan who spoke and Wang Yi Lun stared at both his nephews and the brothers met that gaze right back.