26. Jiyang did....

Yibo draped the blanket over a sleeping Xiao Zhan and let out a relaxed sigh. He was here. Zhan was still here with him. Yibo leaned over and pressed his lips to Zhan's in a soft kiss murmuring a soft, "I love you." The simple touch brought such joy to Yibo, there were no words. Just having Zhan beside him was enough for Yibo. This was all he needed. Just Xiao Zhan. The day had been tiring and all Yibo wanted was to curl upto Zhan and sleep with his arms around his baobei but, Yibo couldn't. He had a lot of things to do and he wanted Zhan to have some space. A logical part of Yibo's brain argued that he should've dropped Zhan to his own house rather than bringing him to the penthouse just like Zhan had asked but Yibo couldn't do it. Yibo knew he had messed up but he couldn't let Zhan get out of his sight. It felt as if Zhan would run away if given a chance and Yibo couldn't let that happen. He was going to make sure Zhan stayed with him. Yibo wanted Zhan somewhere where he could see him and feel him, there was no better option than his own house. The doorbell rang and Yibo kissed Zhan again leaving his room to let his brother in. "Ge", Yibo said as soon as the door opened and he saw surprise on Kuan's face.

Yibo had called Haikuan a series of things in the past year and while he was ashamed of the few times he had disrespected the elder, Yibo knew his brother would forgive him. His brother had been so understanding and had brought Zhan back in Yibo's life, he was indebted to Haikuan for life. The difference in the way Yibo addressed him much have been noticed by Haikuan because tears filled Haikuan's eyes. "Yibo", the elder whispered softly and Yibo was hugged by his brother the next moment. "Yibo", the elder called again and tear pricked Yibo's eyes as well at the pain in his brother's voice. "I am sorry, ge." The brothers stood together for a long moment before Haikuan pulled away with a smile. "Gege is glad that you are back, Yibo", Haikuan said gently and Yibo nodded.  "Where's Zhan?", asked Haikuan and Yibo closed the door gesturing to his room. "Still with me by some miracle." Haikuan smiled in relief and the brothers sat down facing one another, the awkwardness and hostility from before gone. "I knew he could bring you back", Kuan said with a smile and a faint smile embraced Yibo's lips.

"You said you wanted to talk to me." Yibo looked over to his brother and Yibo knew he could tell his brother everything. Yibo trusted only two people with his life, one was Zhan and the other his brother. The elder had always been someone Yibo could count on and this time also he was banking in it. "It's related to Shu Wei and Zhan", began Yibo and told his brother everything he had learned in the last few days. Disbelief and then anger clouded Haikuan's features and Yibo tried his best to keep his own rage in check. "I think I sent Zhan away because I believed Shu Wei or maybe because of something else Shu Wei did. I need your help to deal with him, ge", begged Yibo and Kaun patted his shoulder. "I am always with you, Yibo. Though, I suggest you don't beat yourself up thinking you believed Shu Wei. You wouldn't have believed him. Not in any circumstance." "But, I didn't do anything. If I actually believed Zhan, Shu Wei would've been long dead", gritted Yibo and Kuan shook his head. "If you find Zhan with Shu Wei now will you believe that they are together?", Haikuan asked and Yibo immediately said no. "Why?", Haikuan asked again and Yibo answered honestly. "I know how much Zhan loves me, ge. He would never do something like this. I wouldn't believe it even if I find them in a fucking bed together. I know Zhan would never cheat on me. Never", stressed Yibo and Haikuan smiled. "Some people will call this blind faith, Yibo." "I trust Zhan, ge. I love him. He would never leave me for someone else. Never. He wouldn't need anyone other than me", Yibo finished, his words heavy with possession.

"You loved Zhan just as much three years ago, Yibo. I saw this same look on your face those days. This is why I know you would have believed Zhan over anyone else in the world. Zhan would never lie about anything like this either. That silly boy was trying his best not to come between you and our family. He couldn't have lied. To know he went through all of this, I wish you guys had told me before." Haikuan said the last sentence in a harsh tone and Yibo knew his brother was just as angry as him if not more. Haikuan had treated Zhan like a younger brother all these years and Yibo knew Zhan cared for Kuan too. "I think Shu Wei did something. It might be far fetched but he might be behind my attack as well. I need to know if you heard or saw something weird these days. Anything related to Shu Wei." Haikuan contemplated over Yibo's words for a while before he spoke, "ZanJin overheard something weeks ago and he told me about it. Shu Wei hinted at letting someone else become the COO at Wang Corporation but that's professional. About your attack, Yibo I don't think that's possible. Uncle wouldn't do that to you", objected Haikuan and Yibo sighed. "I never doubted uncle, ge. He would never harm me. Atleast not physically", added Yibo. No matter how much Wang Yi Lun had threatened Yibo or how much they had argued, his uncle would never try to hurt him. This Yibo was sure of but with Shu Wei,  Yibo couldn't be sure. "Asking uncle to make someone else the COO could be his plan to get the position. That's why uncle decided to handover some of the important projects to Shu Wei. He thinks Shu Wei will be a good choice", Haikuan concluded and a dark look came over Yibo's face when Yibo figured Shu Wei's scheme.

"He had a plan", Yibo began and Haikuan's brows furrowed. "What do you mean?",asked Haikuan and Yibo explained everything to his brother.  "He came by and told me all of that to see how I would react. If I believed him by any chance, he would've earned points because of it and uncle would've praised him for his deeds. Zhan would've been out of uncle's hair and Shu Wei would have turned out to be the most trustworthy one out of all of us. If I didn't believe him, I would have turned against him and uncle. He knows my relationship with uncle is strained. Zhan is my sole tender spot and he knew I would confront him and uncle. Uncle would've taken his side for sure. Shu Wei has always tried to prove that he is better than both of us. Getting me out of position and becoming the Chief Operating Officer will make him the head of the company. Being the CEO, you are already  away on business trips and he would get to be the face of Wang Corporation", Yibo hissed and Haikuan's head also filled with the possibilities. "Uncle has trained both of you the same way, ge. It's not impossible for him to gain control of Wang Corporations. Although, given his greedy nature he will only tarnish our company's name", Yibo stated harshly. "You might be right", Haikuan nodded remembering the projects that Shu Wei sabotaged.

Shu Wei had always been competing with him and Yibo. Even when Haikuan was made the CEO, Shu Wei had not been happy. All those underlying  comments Shu Wei made in the meetings regarding Yibo's young age and Haikuan's careful approach in business. Their loss was always Shu Wei's gain. "If what I am saying is true...then he did all of this just to get the company. He...he put Zhan through all of that out of his greed. I..I went through all of that because he wanted a fucking position", Yibo said with his head buried in his hands and Haikuan took Yibo in his arms understanding Yibo's anger. He put his hand over Yibo's head as Yibo sniffled. Haikuan had always knows Shu Wei was ambitious but planning such an elaborate scheme just to get rid of him and Yibo did sound a little over the top. And there was that whole situation of Yibo's attack. "Why do you think he could have been involved in the attack?", Haikuan questioned and Yibo's lips pursed. "I remember Shu Wei was in the office when I was working that day. I always thought someone from our side had told Ling Ziyan where I would be." "What if it was the person who called you? Where were you going, anyway?", asked Haikuan and Yibo answered his brother honestly. "I was going to Chonqing", Yibo confessed and Haikuan's brows touched his hairline. "To see Zhan?", he asked and Yibo nodded. "Zhan was sick. He hadn't been eating well and was working too much. His health was deteriorating and he fainted due to fatigue. I just...I just wanted to see for myself that he was okay." Yibo's words were clear but for Haikuan the explanation raised a lot more questions. "Who told you? You told me you weren't in contact with Zhan", Haikuan pressed and Yibo admitted the truth. "Jiyang was in Chonqing. I asked Jiyang to keep an eye on Zhan. I...I couldn't leave him alone. I just wanted to make sure Zhan was okay and that...that he had someone looking out for him." "Does Zhan know you sent Jiyang to Chonqing for this?", Haikuan asked wide-eyed and Yibo shook his head. "Jiyang texted me every once in a while. I needed that to keep myself sane. Jiyang had called me that day because Zhan was seriously ill. He just thought I should know. I couldn't stop myself and was out of the office the next second. I can't be sure but it had to be someone from the office who heard me talk and told Ling Ziyan about me leaving. I feel it was Shu Wei. That is the only way I can explain what happened to me."

Haikuan was visibly stunned by Yibo's words. Haikuan would have never thought Yibo would send Jiyang to spy over Zhan. Song Jiyang was a close friend and Haikuan was genuinely surprised at the lengths Yibo was willing to go just to keep Zhan safe and sound. "Zhan has no idea, does he? He thinks you left him and moved on with your life but you never did. I often wondered why you stopped talking about Zhan altogether. You just didn't want anyone to find out where he was and cause him more pain. No wonder no one could find him. You and Jiyang were working together", deduced Haikuan and a guilty look came on Yibo's face. "I knew I wouldn't let him go. I could never set him free, ge. Even if I had been forced to marry Yifei, I would've made sure Zhan was taken care of. He suffered so much because of me, ge. The least I could do was shield him from more pain. All of that pain that my own family inflicted upon him. We have to pay for what we did, Kuan-ge. We all failed Zhan. But before anything else I am going to take everything away from Shu Wei. He wants this company and uncle's support, right? I will rip his reputation to shreds and make uncle throw him out of Wang Corporation. And uncle will lose not one but two of his prized sons. That will be his retribution."