24. Let me go!!

As soon as Xuan disconnected the call, Zhan ran out of the VIP lounge. "Pretty-ge, Wait!!", Xu Weiyu shouted behind him but Zhan was already gone. Pushing the elevator buttons harder than necessary Zhan let out a harsh breath, his head pounding in his chest. Reaching Yibo's floor Zhan pushed the doors to Yibo's office open and his heart sank when he saw Yibo's disheveled state. "Yibo!", he called and kneeled before his lover who was trembling badly. "Fuck! Xuan get me the first aid kit", Zhan cried looking at Yibo's bloodied hands and he wiped the blood off Yibo's face. Xuan came running and Zhan immediately got to work, cleaning Yibo's wounds. "Xuan, See if you can reach Kuan-ge. Tell him to come here." "Okay", Xuan left the office and Zhan put a bandage over Yibo's knuckles and fingers. The entire time Yibo sat completely still and the man's silence was making Zhan a little uneasy. "Yibo? Are you okay?",he questioned softly and yelped when Yibo pushed him away. "Stay away", came the stern voice and Zhan felt cold all of a sudden. "Did something happen, Yibo? Did I do something?", he asked with a frown, taken aback by Yibo's behavior. Everything had been fine this morning when Zhan came to see Yibo. "Yibo talk to me. Did I do something-" "Why did you come back?", Yibo fired back cutting him off and Zhan's brows furrowed. "I d-don't know what you are talking about", he stammered and when Yibo's eyes met his, Zhan realised something was seriously wrong. "Why did you come back to Beijing? Why did you come to help me?", Yibo asked him again and Zhan was quiet, suddenly at loss of words. "I..I told you already. My family-" "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS LYING TO ME, XIAO ZHAN?", roared Yibo and Zhan's eyes widened at the loud voice, his body freezing when Yibo grabbed his shoulders harshly.

"You lied that you came to see your family. You lied that I never hurt you. You lied to me that we were not close. You told me...you told me that you wanted to be with me. You were lying,  weren't you? All this time. Saying that you wanted me, saying that you were going to spend your life with me. You were lying the entire time. Right? RIGHT???" Yibo's fingers dug harshly into Zhan's shoulder but Zhan couldn't get a word out of his mouth. The pain, the anger in Yibo's eyes was more hurtful than anything else and seeing Yibo suffer like this, Zhan was stunned. "I...I didn't lie. I want you, Yibo", he whispered and Yibo pushed him onto the couch. Zhan landed on the couch with an oomph but before he could straighten up Yibo's face came into view. Yibo leaned over him and took hold of Zhan's hands in his cold ones, his eyes filled with tears. "How could you want me after everything I've done to you, Zhan? How could you possibly forgive me after the pain I've given you? All of your care has to be a lie because I don't fucking deserve it", Yibo insisted and Zhan shook his head, feeling desperate. "You did nothing, Yibo. Whatever it is let's talk. I never lied about spending my life with you. I do want it, so much. Please just calm down." "You are lying!", Yibo snapped aggressively but a second later, Yibo's head landed on Zhan's chest.

"I am such a bastard, Zhan. He said all of that and I believed him, believed everything he said and I pushed you away. He told me that you didn't want me. I....I believed him and...fuck! How could I believe him, Zhan? What have I done?" Yibo sobbed on Zhan's chest and Zhan gathered Yibo in his arms, his head reeling because of what he had just heard. "Who? Who said all of that? Yibo?", Zhan asked and Yibo's entire frame shook with the force of his cries as he mumbled incoherent apologies to Zhan.  "Baby, please look at me", Zhan begged and moments later Yibo raised his eyes to Zhan's, the dark orbs filled with shame and disgust. "Yibo. Please tell me what happened. Please." Arms banded around Zhan's waist and Yibo pulled him close, tears still spilling from the dark eyes and Zhan could only kiss them away, soothing Yibo with his touch and soft words. It was only after several minutes that Yibo's eyes dried but seeing the swollen and red rimmed eyes was still too much for Zhan to bear. He had never....ever seen Yibo so distraught. Yibo had been angry before, he had been upset before but he had never lost it this way. "You are scaring me, Yibo", Zhan pleaded and Yibo finally looked his way.

"I thought I could keep you", began Yibo his voice filled with torment as he lay his soul bare before Zhan. "Even after knowing that I...I broke your heart, I thought I could make you fall for me again and have a fresh start with you. I wanted you so desperately in love with me that you would forget everything else I did to you. What my family did to you", Yibo confessed softly and flinched when Zhan pulled away from him. "Y-You..you remember?", Zhan questioned him shakily and Yibo smiled with tears in his eyes. "I remember the moment I saw you in Kuan-ge's party. I had never seen someone smile so beautifully before. Uncle's friends kept me occupied but my eyes kept looking for you in the crowd. I never told you that I bumped into you knowingly just so I could strike a conversation with you. I grilled Kuan for info and found that you were Zhuocheng's brother. I stalked you. I was never the polite and courteous Wang Yibo you knew. I wanted you so much that I was afraid of scaring you away. You have no idea how much I held myself back, baobei." Zhan was staring wide-eyed at Yibo and Yibo thumbed a tear away from Zhan's face, something he had wanted to do so badly when he had asked Zhan to leave.

"I remember that I loved you the moment I saw you, Xiao Zhan. I remember that I kissed you on our second date and the night you told me you loved me was the best night of my life. I remember that I was the one who asked you to leave. I remember that I went to see Yifei on your birthday and you cried that entire night waiting for me. I remember that my uncle threatened you. I remember he took your family business away and when none of that worked, they told me you slept with Shu Wei." "NO!! I never did that", Zhan cried and Yibo held Zhan's hands tightly cursing himself to moon and back. "Shu Wei poisoned my mind. He said you only wanted me for the money. Said that once you found out that I was being disowned, you made a move on him. That you slept with him", Yibo admitted on a choked cry. "How could you believe him?", Zhan asked bitterly shoving Yibo away and Yibo had nothing to say for himself. He wanted to know the answer to this question as well. How could he believe Shu Wei and how could he doubt Zhan's love for him? "How long have you known?", Zhan asked again, his voice awfully cold and Yibo confessed everything. "The nightmares...they were actually my memories. I...I always saw blurred faces but over the span of the last month things got clearer. Shu Wei came to see me today and...he said a few things that unlocked a few more memories." "So you are saying that...you broke up with me and asked me to leave Beijing because you thought I slept with your cousin?", Zhan hissed and Yibo wished he had died in the fucking accident. He would have chosen death over the haunted look on Zhan's face and the pain in Zhan's eyes he was seeing right now. Yibo saw Zhan wipe tears from his face and when Zhan's body trembled Yibo rushed to hold him only to get pushed away harshly. "Don't you fucking touch me, Wang Yibo!", Zhan shouted and the hair on Yibo's neck stood when he saw Zhan let out a sob.

"All this time...I kept thinking that it was something I had done that caused this. That...maybe your uncle was being hard on you and that you were powerless to go against your family. Now...now you tell me it was because you thought I cheated on you?", Zhan let out a bitter laugh and clutched at his chest as if in pain and Yibo clenched his hands into fists. "So he said that I slept with him, huh? That day when I told you about him you said you believed me, Yibo. You said you believed every single word of mine and that you would break that fucker's hands for touching me. Turns out, you were the one who was lying. You actually believed that I slept with him rather than the fact that he tried to rape me!!!" The blood rushed to Yibo's head when the words registered and when Zhan raised his hand to hit him, Yibo caught the dainty wrist in his, pinning Zhan with a hard gaze. "What did you say?", Yibo asked again and saw Zhan crying miserably, trying to get Yibo's hands off of him. "L-Leave me, Wang Yibo. I..I never want to see your face again. LET ME GO!!", Zhan screamed in his face but Yibo held him tighter, cornering Zhan against the wall before questioning him again. "What do you mean he tried to touch you? You told me about it? What are you saying, Zhan?", Yibo begged and Zhan's eyes met him, disbelief in those eyes along with hatred burning in them. "You won't fool me again, Wang Yibo. You said you remembered everything. How many times will you play the same sick joke on me?" Zhan resorted to biting Yibo's bicep to get the hold on him to loosen but Yibo only clenched his jaw, enduring the pain but not letting Zhan go. "What did he do to you, Zhan? Please...Zhan just tell me."