Chapter 2: The Escape

July 19, 2124

Kanzen's POV

Endeavor's at work (as usual). I'm coloring in the living room. Today would be a great day to escape. We haven't had any rain in a while, and all of our neighbors are on vacation, so I'd have plenty of time to get out. As I was finishing another coloring sheet Mom came in to the room. 

Rei: "Kanzen, I have some shopping I need to get done. I should only be gone half an hour. Do you want to come?"

"No thank you, Mommy."

Rei: "Alright. Well be good. You remember the rules for staying home alone?"

"Don't let any strangers in, don't use my right side, and use common sense."

Rei: "Good job! I'll be back in a little bit. Bye Sweetheart!"

"Bye Mommy!"

Perfect! I went to the kitchen and turned on the gas stove, then to my room to pack a few things. I put some warm clothes and blankets in my backpack and changed into my lite weight hoodie and put on some sun glasses to hide my eyes. I went back to the kitchen. It smelled strongly of gas. After grabbing some food and water, I used the flames on my right side... and ran like my life depended on it, because it did. Once I got a few blocks from the house a turned around, and sure enough the house was burning. Hopefully they think I died in that fire and won't look for me.

Rei's POV

I hope Kanzen's alright, I'm running a little later than expected. Is that smoke!?  I turn on my street and the house is on fire!!!! I park the car and run "KANZEN!!!!"

Dispatch: 119, what's your emergency?

Rei: MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!

Dispatch: Can you please tell me your address?

Rei: xxxxxxxxxxxx AND MY DAUGHTER MAY BE INSIDE!!!!

Today, at 1:33pm the home of  Number 2 Pro Hero Endeavor, caught fire. Investigators say that the fire was likely caused by the Todoroki family's gas stove being left on but not lit, then getting sparked. Six year old Kanzen Todoroki was home alone when the fire started. She hasn't been seen since. If you see her, call the police and stay with her until they arrive.