Chapter 10: The Hero Billboard

March 28, 2143

Kanzen's POV:

I went down to Kamino Ward to watch the Hero Billboard event, with other hero's from across the country. They would open the doors to heroes soon. I already knew Dad was Number 1 again, and Endeavor was probably Number 2, but I was excited to see everyone else's number! They let us heroes in, and no sooner had we sat down, they opened the flood gates to the public. Soon, they started the event.

"Welcome to the annual Hero Billboard Event! It's time to name our top ten heroes! Please welcome the youngest person to reach to ten, The Winged Hero: Hawks!" Hawks!? That was Keigo's other name, wasn't it?! I zoned out of the event. Did Keigo escape form 744?! I need to talk to this Hawks person after the event. I need to know if he is Keigo Takami! Hawks can't be Keigo, can he?! Thoughts raced threw my mind,. 

Before I knew it, the event was over. I rushed to the backstage exit, where reporters were gathering to interview the heroes. As soon as Hawks got threw the gauntlet, I grabbed his hand.

"I need to talk to you." He smiled.

"Sure! What's up Stranger?

"It's best if I ask you away from the crowds." He frowned.

"Is something wrong?" he asked as I pulled him away.

When we were a good ways from anyone else I looked him in the eye and asked:

"Are you Keigo Takami?" His eyes went wide.

"I don't know what your talking about!" He looked scared.

"Keigo, it's me, Kanzen." That seemed to make him relax a little.

"How can I trust you?"

"Endeavor's your favorite hero, your roommate at Project 744 was my little brother Touya Todoroki, and we met in the bushes at 2:30 on the last Saturday of every month until Touya died." He gave me a hug.

"I never thought I'd see you again!"

"Me either Keigo." We exchanged phone numbers, and agreed to get lunch as colleagues the next day. I was ranked Number 11 on the Hero Billboard, which was a Number I was happy with.

Keigo came to my office for lunch the next day, and we got all caught up on life. According to Keigo, Project 744 collapsed two years ago, all of the kids sixteen plus work for the commission now, or went rouge, and the younger ones were either sent back to there families, or were put in the foster system.