Chapter 11: The Injury

Since reuniting, Kanzen and Keigo talked to each other daily, and had lunch every other week. They had always thought of each other as siblings and were overjoyed at being able to spend so much time together.

June 10, 2143

Kanzen's POV:

It was late at night. I was awake and worried. Dad was fighting All For One, and he had killed the other users of One For All. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Gran Torino.

"How did it go?" I needed to know if Dad made it.

"Kanzen... I think it's best if I tell you in person. Meet me at the hospital. I'm in the O.R. waiting room, with Sir Nighteye." He sounded worried... scared even! Had it gone that bad?

"Is he alive?"

"Yes."

"I'll be there in 30 minutes." I hung up. On my way to the hospital I called X-Ray. I had a feeling I wouldn't be at the agency for a bit, and I would need someone to take care of things. She wasn't awake, so I left a voice message.

When I got to the hospital, I ran to the O.R. and found the two pro heroes.

"How bad is it?" I had to know! Was he crippled? Could he still be a hero? Would he be able to train a successor?

"He's been in surgery for a little more than half an hour. The other guy looked worse. They haven't told us How bad the damage is though." Gran Torino look as concerned as he had on the phone. Nighteye hadn't said a word. He was sitting by himself silently.

Five hours after they started operating on my Dad, the surgeon came out.

"Are you all here for Toshinori Yagi?"

"Yes, we are." Gran Torino sounded slightly more hopeful in his reply.

"Are any of you related to him?"

"I'm his daughter." I stood up. Was something wrong?

"Come with me." said the surgeon.

"If it's about my father, you can say it in front of all three of us. Gran Torino was his mentor, and Sir Nighteye is his sidekick." The surgeon thought for a second.

"Alright then. Mr. Yagi's stomach was so badly damaged, it had to be removed. His respiratory system was damaged far beyond repair. The quirks of some of the doctors here should keep him alive for a few more years minimum." I broke down. I couldn't see, I couldn't hear. It felt like someone was running a knife threw my heart over and over again!

June 11, 2143

Hawk's POV:

After my leisurely 8:30 patrol, I sat down to do some paper work until Kanzen called. She usually called at ~10a. 

Noon rolled around and she still hadn't called me, so I told my sidekicks I was heading out for the day and started flying to her agency.

"Morning X-Ray!"

"Good morning Hawks." she replied with a slightly worried expression. Most people wouldn't have noticed, but my quirk let me notice things others didn't.

"Is everything ok?" She sighed.

"Destiny called me late last night. I was already asleep, but she left a voice mail saying she'd probably be out of office for a few days. She didn't give details, but she sounded scared. I just hope everything's ok." Knowing Kanzen, if X-Ray said she sounded scared everything was not ok.

The Lost TodorokiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara