Chapter 3: A New Life

July 28, 2124

All Might's POV

Well, my shift's done. Better head home for the night. Why is there a kid in the alley? Better check it out.

"Hey kid, are you ok?"

???: "I'm fine mister"

"Why are you wearing sunglasses at night?"

???: "N-No reason..."

Now I'm suspicious. I reach out, and lower hood... Split tone hair. Red on the right, and white on the left. She tries to run, but I grab her sweatshirt.

Kanzen: "LET ME GO! DON'T SEND ME BACK!"

"You're Kanzen Todoroki. Aren't you?"

Kanzen:"LET ME GO!!"

What happened to her after the fire?

"Kid, I won't hurt you or call the police, but you have to calm down!"

Kanzen: "You won't?"

That worked

"No, I won't. Why don't you want me to call the police? Don't you want to go back to your parents?"

Kanzen: "NO! ENDEAVOR WILL SELL ME!"

SELL HER?!?!

"What do you mean?!"

Kanzen:"He'll get 2 million yen a year for me to train with someone and be turned into the 'perfect hero!'"

"What makes you think that?"

Kanzen:"I heard him on the phone back in March!"

Oh my God Endeavor!

"I'm calling the police on him!"

Kanzen:"DON'T!!!"

"But he w-"

Kanzen:"No one would believe a hero could do that! And there's no proof!"

She's right. I can't leave her here, but if I put her up for adoption, everyone will know she's alive! Wait...

"Come with me young Kanzen. I'm taking you home with me."

Kanzen:"But-"

"I won't be like him. I'll change your identity. No one needs to know who you are."

Kanzen:"Ok"

Kanzen's POV

Al Might: "Welcome home young Kanzen! The bathroom's the second door on the right. Why don't you go take a shower?"

"Ok All Might"

"You an call me 'Toshinori' young Kanzen."

"Sorry A- Toshinori."

"No need to apologize! Now go take that shower."

"Ok Toshinori"

It feels so good to take a shower again! I hope Mom's ok without me. Thankfully the house and everything in it is gone, otherwise they might have known I took some things with me! If Toshinori tells someone I'm here (which, I don't think he will) I'll just have to run away. If I burn down the house again, it'll be suspicious.