Chapter 7: From A Trio to A Duet

The three friends met on the last Saturday of every month, like they agreed. During these meetings, they would talk about ways to escape, but none of them could think of anything. When they left the project building, the boys had to wear tracking bracelets that could only be removed by a Project 744 guard. The building its self have thick concrete walls and quirk proof doors, that could only be opened by a microchip in the guards hands.

May 12, 2139

Hawks' POV:

"TOUYA!!!"

"HELP HIM!!!!"

"GUARDS!!! NUMBER 001 IS BURNING ALIVE!!!"

"SOMEONE HELP HIM!!!"

For some reason Touya was having a quirk malfunction. His body was incompatible with his quirk, and he was being cooked alive! Why weren't the guards helping?! Suddenly,  few guards came in with a mid ranked kid.

"HAWKS! GET AWAY FROM PHOENIX!"

"GLACIER USE YOUR QUIRK TO HELP WITH THE FLAMES!"

"WE HAVE TO GET HIM TO THE MED BAY!"

Everything was a blur. The guards kept shouting. Apparently, this Glacier kid had an ice quirk, but the ice evaporated before it reached Touya. Then, just as suddenly as the flames started, they were gone.

The guards took Touya out of the room, but not before I saw third degree burns covering his body. That evening at dinner, an announcement came over the intercom:

"Attention all perfect heroes in training! Today, at 1632, Number 001,  Phoenix, experienced a quirk malfunction. Phoenix died at 2046, due to severe burns. Please be informed that your ranking now moves up one spot on the bracket and training is canceled tomorrow."