Chapter 6: The Commission

Before we start Chapter Six, I'd like to say that the structure of the Commission (which I'm calling "Project 744") is very heavily based on Project 167 in 08IcedCoffee80's "My Hero Academia: Joining Forces (Original)." Make sure to check it out!

Now that the disclaimer's out of the way, let's start "Chapter 6: The Commission."

March 30, 2138

Touya's POV

"Number 001, Phoenix, report to the main office effective immediately."

"What did you do this time?" asks my friend, Keigo Takami (or Number 002, Hawks, as the Commission calls him), and rightly so, I get in trouble every once in a while for trying to protect some of the younger kids, or hurting another one of us "perfect heroes in training."

"I don't know this time."

"That's a first."

"Shut up Keigo." I say as a leave for the office.

When I get to the office, I'm met with the head of Project 744 sitting behind his desk, as expected, but this time he didn't go off on me as soon as the door was closed. Weird.

"Have a seat Phoenix."

Have a seat?!?! That's never happened before, but I do as I'm told, since I know what'll happen if I don't. I touch the stab wound on my back from when I saved Number 084. (He was an eight year old kid! I couldn't just watch him get stabbed for collapsing from exhaustion!)

"Am I in trouble?"

"Not this time Phoenix."

Well that's a relief.

"You're a smart, observant boy. I assume you've noticed that most of the trainees weren't here on the 26th of January or the 23rd of February."

I nod. I did notice, and I thought it was weird.

"On the last Saturday of each month, we allow the trainees to return home for the day, provided they have been here one full month and have a home to return to."

"When do you leave?"

"If you want to go home, be at van C by 6."

"So, in 15 minuets?"

"Correct"

I thought for a moment.

"Sir, I realize I'm in no position to ask this, but I have a request."

"What is it Phoenix?"

"Can I bring Hawks with me?"

"That would be acceptable."

"Thank you Sir."

Hawks' POV

"Thanks for asking to bring me along Touya!" We had reached his house 20 minutes ago, and I still was a little shocked the Commission allowed this!

"No problem. My siblings seem to really like you."

"I guess."

We spent the day walking around town, Touya took me to a park he used to train at. His mom taught me how to make sandwiches for lunch, and she cleaned and redressed our wounds. A handful of hours after we got there, Touya said he had to go to the bathroom. When he came back, he said there was someone he wanted me to meet.

Kanzen/ Nise's POV

I'm so confused! Touya disappears for two months, finally shows up, and just peaks in at 2:30 to ask if he can bring a friend? He had better have answers! Oh! He's back.

"Touya! Where were you? And who is this?"

"This is Keigo Takami. Dad sent me off to be turned into the 'perfect hero' on my birthday." he replied. I'm a bit startled at this. 

"The perfect hero?!"

"Yep, I think that's where you were supposed to go."

"Um... Touya. Who's she?," asked Keigo. I turn to Touya.

"Can he be trusted?"

"I wouldn't have asked to bring him if I haven't put my life in his hands before." he responded, dead seriously. "If I haven't put my life in his hands before?" What's that supposed to mean? Do the trainers try to kill him?

"Well Keigo, I'm Kanzen Todoroki, Touya's older sister."

"Why did you ask if I could be trusted?"

"Because, I'm supposed to be dead." He looked shocked. I don't think that was the answer he was expecting. 

"What do you mean?!" I told him about how I "died," and why I did it.

"Well, that explains why you two look nothing alike." he said. It sounded like he was still trying to process the information.

"While you chew on that... Touya, what did you mean by you've put your life in his hands before?" Dead silence.

"Kanzen, you're lucky you were able to get away. At Project 744, there's 100 kids from ages eight to 18, including me and Keigo. We all have a rank, and the lowest 96 are separated into four categories. The low rankers, the mid rankers, the high rankers, and the elite rankers. I'm ranked number one. Kanzen, if we collapse for any reason, we are beaten, stabbed in a non-vital area, or shot in a non-vital area. I've crawled back to the holding cells they call our rooms to have Keigo take care of my wounds after burning myself alive. Under no circumstance can we skip training on a normal day. We have to take care of ourselves, and each other." I am absolutely horrified.

"We should go before my family starts wondering where we are Keigo." And with that Touya got up to leave. "Oh! And Kanzen. Let's meet here on the last Saturday of each month." I get up to head home. I need to think about a way to get Touya and Keigo out this Project 744.