Chapter 12: Return to UA??

March 20, 2146

Kanzen's POV:

"So, let me get this straight Principle Nezu. You want me to be Mr. Aizawa's TA?" The principal nodded.

"Since Eraserhead works the night shift as a hero, I think it's only fair that he get a little help, and you are a certified teacher." I sighed.

"With all due respect, I'm running a hero agency. I can't just leave X-Ray in charge of the agency all the time."

"Yes, that's a problem we run into with a lot of our teachers," he said it like he expected me to turn down the offer. "Would you be able to come in three days a week? I have another hero who can work Tuesdays and Thursdays." I thought for a moment before excepting the offer. I need to go back to the agency to tell X-Ray that she will be running things on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but first I need to sign some paperwork. Concerningly, most of the stack of papers Nezu gave me were liability release wavers. What happened to teachers here?

I got back to the agency about two hours before the evening patrol. Hurricane, who I hired three years ago, was probably in the gym with two of my three other sidekicks (Polaris [quirk: light] and my only male sidekick, Guideline [quirk: size]), X-Ray was doing an incident report.

"Hi X-Ray!" She looked up.

"Oh! Hello Destiny. You're finally back from UA?"

"Yeah, you can give me a report of what happened today in a minute."

"Ok?" She knew that I was going to ask/tell her something important. I could tell.

"How would you feel about about running this place until, like four in the afternoon three days a week when school starts?" Her grey eyes shone.

"Are you serious?" I nodded.

"I would love to! Thank you so much for this opportunity!"

"I mean, you've been with me since the very beginning. Now, when can I get that report?"

"Right!" she exclaimed like she had nearly forgotten, "at 1630, about half an hour after you left, we got a call about a robbery at the corner store. Three civilians were injured, and all five criminals were captured, including the get away driver. Then, at 1800, a villain caused the hotel on Third Street to collapse. Polaris and Hurricane handled the villain, and me and Guideline did rescue work. I was just finishing the report. Evac only took half an hour, between my X-ray quirk and his size quirk. There were also other hero's and students with at least a provisional license on scene." I nodded.

"Sounds like an eventful day. Good work."

Luckily, the evening patrol was very uneventful. When I got home I started making arangments for April 1, 2146. My first day as a TA.