08 ; you are a failure

"Let's talk daily blowjobs."

"Extra nutrients," was all that Yangyang said in response to Kunhang's statement.

"Well..." Renjun trailed off. "You're not wrong, but you're not right either."

"Wait," Dejun placed his hands on his table, processing the information. "How long do you think someone in the apocalypse could survive off of cum?"

"Not long, I bet," Sicheng replied. "Like, yes, there's nutrients, but if that's all you're having, it'll probably get less nutritional as the days go on."

"That's... very scientific-y," Kun remarked, "and you're not even in the Scholar sector."

"I was supposed to be, but I convinced my parents to not force me. It was, dare I say, a win-win."

"Aha," Chenle deadpanned. The sound of his voice seemed to make WayV (now including Renjun, apparently) remember that he was also seated at their table.

Ten leaned onto his elbows. "Oh, sweet little Zhong Chenle..."

Now, this wasn't looking good. Ten only used that condescending tone when he wanted to point out something stupid that Chenle had either done or was about to do.

"...how's the Jisung situation?"

Chenle sighed. Every time someone asked him this, he had the same answer. It was tiring. "It's gone nowhere. I—"

"You don't want Jisung's nutrients?"

"Oh my god, shut up Ten! But, as I was saying, I—"

"Failure," Renjun interjected quickly. "But, seriously, why are you drawing this out for so long?"

"I don't know." It was always his answer.

"Then do something about it."

Those were the words that Chenle thought about when he got home.

It was about fucking time.

andy park jisung 🫡
active 1h ago

*

Instagram
[jwisung_p] chelele
Sent a video

Well, that's new, Jisung thought. He opened the video, wondering what it was.

"Hey, Ji. It's me.

Look, it's been way too long and, well... I don't really know why. I guess I'm just a little nervous for what our friendship could be like in the future... ah, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry. Look, I shouldn't have punched you, I shouldn't have run away, and that was a shitty way to reject you. So that's that. I'm fucking sorry, I know your nose thankfully isn't broken, and I still consider you a friend. I don't even know what I was thinking. I just... well, let my fist do the talking for me. Enough about that. I really want to salvage what's left of us as friends, so I really hope you accept my over-a-week-late apology. Um, that's it, I guess."

Jisung saved the video and opened up a certain groupchat.

*

operation : chenji
dead_moonmin and min_tothejae are active

GUYS
GUYS
GUYS
[ video ]

jaem
omg you're joking

IM GLAD IM NOT

h u a n g r e n j u n
we've gotten 0.5 steps
closer to chenji endgame

jaem
v v happy for you babes

um
now what
he knows i've seen it
he's literally active

h u a n g r e n j u n
just accept it
let things go on from there
ttyl ig

wait
wait what
jaemin help me

jaem
baby i'm not even here
i'm a hallucination
adios 😄

WAIT
JAEMIN
WAIT
oh they actually left
...
UGHHHHH

*

chenle zhong
active now

hey

hey

thanks for that btw
there's been a general rift
in the dreamies lunches

ah i'm guessing
um
can i ask you something?

um yeah sure

do you...
do you still like me?

well
um
yeah

oh

look i'm sorry if i'm making
you uncomfortable
and i'm sorry if i do
i can be less touchy with you
if that makes you feel weird

um

is that... a yes?

well
i
look, i don't know
and yes it does make me
a little bit uncomfortable
but i'll live

oh
i'm sorry

no please
don't be
i'm completely fine with
us still being touchy if
you want

well
alright
if you say so

really really
i don't want us to be awkward
again, ji
so if you're willing then so
am i

i mean you win
some you loose some
it's fine
we can be friends

okay then
friends

*

Friends.

Jisung hated the taste of the word on his lips. Still, he had to settle for what he could have.

And Chenle wasn't something he could keep.