14 ; you are an overgrown bush

"I just don't get it," Jisung huffed, flopping onto Chenle's bed. "Why am I the one helping you run your lines?"

"Because you're the one who lives a five minute walk away." Chenle, who was still by the door of his bedroom, glanced over at Jisung, acknowledging the fact that there was suddenly no room on his bed. "Why do you take up so much space? You're an overgrown hedge– no, bush sounds less formal. You were supposed to be cut down a while ago."

Jisung glared at the older, suddenly rising from the bed. He dragged his feet as he "menacingly" walked over to Chenle, stopping when he was essentially about to walk into him. "Are you just mad I'm tall?"

"Let's go with that," Chenle squeaked out, suddenly nervous at their newfound proximity. Jisung's not that much taller than him, but it's still tall enough for it to make a difference for him. In all seriousness, the guy was like a bean stalk.

Now that they were actually close, Chenle took this as a moment to figure out his in-the-moment crush checklist. Is my heart beating faster? Yes. Am I blushing? Not yet, but I probably will be soon.

Do I want to kiss him?

"Fuck!" Chenle shouted, which (thankfully) got Jisung to take a step back. There was no way. The younger probably didn't even like him anymore. And Chenle had been specific in saying that he didn't like Jisung. He was just a friend. Yes, a friend that he enjoyed being around, sat on the lap of, and cuddled with. Yes, those were super friendly activities. Even the kisses that Jisung had been starting to leave on Chenle's forehead before his confession were purely platonic.

Right?

"Holy shit, can you not?" The question pulled Chenle out of his downwards spiral of thoughts, and Jisung was covering his ears. "I came here to read lines off of a highly annotated paper, not lose my hearing in an instant."

"Fuck," Chenle said again, this time at a normal volume. He already missed the proximity.

He quickly muttered out some excuse to go to the bathroom, staring at himself in the mirror once he arrived.

"Fuck," he whispered, fingers already tangling into his hair. Hair dye was already making him go bald; he shouldn't pull on it. "Fuck, no."

Chenle pulled out his phone from his pocket, going through his Instagram DMs before sending a message to a very certain someone.

*

hey jaemin
um
i think i just figured
it out