16 ; you are my boyfriend (kind of)

Chenle arrived at lunch promptly, but his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed that the usual WayV table was empty. A glance a few tables away, and it revealed that the Dreamies table was also empty.

"What the fuck?" Chenle muttered. He looked towards the 127 table, hoping that they would be able to help him locate the others. Maybe he was a bit scared of Johnny, but he was desperate.

"Yuta?" He sort of knew Yuta from comment sections, but that was it. Hopefully it was enough. He quickly slid into the empty space next to him. "Have you seen, like, anyone besides 127? I can't find them."

Yuta opened his mouth to speak, but a voice spoke from behind Chenle before he could respond. A voice that sent chills down the younger's back.

"Hey, can you, like, move?"

Chenle had never stood up faster in his life. It didn't matter how many times Mark told him that Johnny is a "big softie" and "technically his son-in-law if they're keeping with the family dynamic". Chenle just... doesn't want to aggravate the guy. He was like Lucas, except Chenle was actually direct friends with Lucas and knew that the guy was actually a big softie... waaaait.

"Um, actually, on second thought, I think I see Jisung over there! Wow! Thanks for the help, Yuta!"

Chenle walked away from the 127 table, vowing to never go their again. Mark Lee was a dirty, rotten liar. The good thing was that him spotting Jisung wasn't a lie. He practically ran over to the younger, confusion now very evident on his face. "Where is everyone?"

"I don't know." Jisung was lying straight through his teeth, but Chenle didn't need to know that. "Um, we can go off campus and eat. I was just planning to grab some ice cream."

"For lunch?"

"Yes, for lunch. I forgot mine."

"Then eat some of mine."

"No." Jisung linked arms with Chenle, an oddly bold move. "C'mon, let's go."

Chenle didn't bother to argue, again hit by the close proximity. He let Jisung drag him off campus into a very, very familiar ice cream shop. He didn't know if it was just ironic or if the younger intentionally brought him there. Whatever it was, he felt as nervous as he first had when Jisung had told him he liked him.

Deep breaths, Chenle.

As he watched Jisung go at his ice cream, he picked at his sandwich slowly. God, now he wanted some. He'd left his wallet in his locker, however, which meant he couldn't pay.

"Can I..." his voice was quiet, so he raised it a little more. "Can I have some of your ice cream? I didn't bring my wallet and I don't want to force you to pay, so..."

"Sure." Jisung glanced over at the counter, realizing that he had to stand up and interact with the cashier again if he wanted a spoon. He didn't want that, so he just scooped up some of his cookies and cream, pressing the spoon to Chenle's lips.

Chenle froze. God, Jisung needed to stop suddenly putting them in comprimising positions. Plus, they would technically be indirectly kissing. What if...

What if Chenle just made it direct?

He moved the spoon to the side, shuffled closer to Jisung, and pressed their lips together.

Perfect. Chenle sighed a bit into the kiss, despite not feeling Jisung kissing him back. It was only then that he realized his mistake. Oh god. Jisung didn't like him anymore, did he? Of course, right when Chenle figured out his feelings was the same moment when Jisung had moved on. Of course, of course.