-3-

I didn't sleep well. All I could think was what happened last night. Me, Nat, Clint and Sam have been training almost 30 minutes now. Haven't told anyone what happened. God knows what Natasha would do if she hears my feelings got hurt. My hand isn't hurting anymore from the sudden metal arm attack. It left a slight bruise, but no one seem to notice it. After all, it isn't anything new here having some bruises here and there. Barnes walks in. He just stands at the entry, staring right at me. My heart squeezes. Feeling still sad about the last night. He hates me. I've been so careful not to piss him off, hoping I could somehow make him feel comfortable, that would help him get out of his shell. But no. Without even realizing it, I start to leave from the training room. "(Y/N), where are you going?" Nat asks. "I- I go running!" was all I could think of. So I did.

Now I'm running at a park. The sun is shining and it's warm. People are having a nice day with their loved ones. I left so quick I didn't have the time to take my headphones with me. Guess one of my many faults is that I try to please everyone. It hurts my heart if anyone is angry at me or such. Tony has said before I need to get over it. But I can't help it! It sucks! I do know I can't please everyone in this world. It's just... Then I hear fast running steps coming behind me. Steve. Getting ready to hear Steve's voice:"On your left!", but no. Soon, I notice a man figure caught up with me. Barnes! No, no, no, no, I'm not ready to face him! I speed up, trying to pass him is impossible! "(Y/N)." he calls, not slowing down. I can't look at him! He quickly comes in front of me and my nose hits his rock hard chest. He's like a tree, staying still. "Ouch..!" I wail and rub my nose. We're both panting - well, at least I am.

"Did you really think you can run from a super-soldier?" he asks, slightly amused. He has a black cap, blue shirt and black sweatpants on. "...Running... never been my thing..." I pant and lean against a park bench. My heart is burning! He just stands there, watching my every move. I still can not look at him in the eyes. I sit down, trying to settle my breathing. After a minute of silence, I collect some bravery and lift my head up. "I'M SORRY!" we both shout while looking at each other. Huh? He apologized?! I look at him in disbelieve. He let out a sigh:"Look...". "I didn't mean it when I told you to leave. Having these intense nightmares... Sometimes I don't know when it's real or not. I don't wanna hurt anyone." there's a sad tone in his voice. "I'm sorry. I should have stayed and ask more about the bad dream you had!" I blurt out. It makes him smile a little. "No... You don't need to do that." he sits down next to me. "How is your hand?" he ask. My face goes all red. Didn't know he realized he had hit me with the metal arm. "Uh... It's ok." I give awkward smile. Then there was silence again. Butterflies flying around us, people walking by, fountain bubbling near us.

Then he breaks the silence:"Hey...". I raise my head to see him with a questioning look. "What if I get you an ice cream from there, and you and I are fine?" he points at ice cream truck nearby. My face got brighten up. I love ice cream! Smiling ear to ear:"Really?!". "Sure." he stands up, having small smile on his face. The ice cream seller has big smile on his face:"What can I get for you?". "I'll have (Y/F)!" I smile. "I'll have chocolate, thanks." Barnes hands the money. After I thanked Barnes for the treat, we start walking around the park, heading back to the Tower. My face got little bit messy from the ice cream. "You like ice cream, huh?" there's a hint of tease in his voice. "Who wouldn't? Well, maybe people with lactose intolerant." I chuckle. He shakes his head like I had said something stupid. He then gives me a napkin from his pocket:"Tony was right: you sure are messy.". "Heyyy!!" I try to give him an angry face, but burst out laughing.

"Hey you two." Natasha walks up to us as me and Barnes came back from the park. "Hi Nat!" I smile. She gives me a questioning look if I was ok. I just smile at her to give the 'I'm ok'-look. She then smiles back:"We were planning to watch a movie tonight. You two in?". "What movie?" I got excited. It's really rare that all the Avengers get together without having any missions. As me and Nat chat, I notice Barnes is staring again. What was he thinking? I wonder... After that, I go to get a shower. The feeling of steaming hot water against body feels great. Wrap a towel around myself after drying. "Jesus-!" I jump as I come out of the bathroom. Tony is sitting on my bed:"Well not quite.". "What are you doing here?!" I pull the towel higher on my chest. "Your room is clean." he looks around. "Geez... I don't think you came here just to checkup my room?" getting little annoyed here. "Natasha told me you and Bucky had spend some alone time, outside of the building." he seem pleased. "Well... It wasn't planned..." I mumble.

Tony stands up and walk around the room. Once again looking around, like he tries to find something so he can tease me about. "I think it's great, getting to know him. Soon he'll talk the rest of us too." now looking at photo on my desk. It's a picture of me and my siblings. Two sisters and one brother, us smiling and laughing in the picture. "You never told me you have siblings." he raise the picture in his hand. "I actually have. You were not so good listener back then." I snatch the picture of his hand and put it in its place. "It was the right choice to pick you to go with them." he meant the mission yesterday. Raise eyebrow at him:"You had a bet?". "With Bruce. He thought Natasha should go with them. So, I win. As always." he gives me a loose smile. "Anyway, have a good night!" he walks to the door. "A-aren't you coming to watch movie with us?" I ask. "Not tonight, Pepper and I are going on... A date. In a nice restaurant, music, dancing and such.". It's not too long ago Tony and Pepper got back together. I'm so happy for them. They are great couple. Just when he's about to close the door behind him:"Oh and-, you do have biggest chest of your sisters.". "WH-!? Get out!!!" I hiss, and realize I've been wearing only a towel this whole time. My whole face goes so red. Tony closes the door and leaves.

Movie time! Everyone, except Tony, got together into the living room. I have baggy sweatpants and big hoodie on. "What are we watching?" Scott jumps next to me, having popcorn bowl in his hands. "Batman Begins." Natasha places two huge pizzas on the cafe table to share. "It's been a long time I had seen it." I take a handful of popcorn from Scott. "Hey! Leave something for the rest of us!" he chuckles. "Never!" I laugh. The movie starts. Scott, me, Nat, Clint, Sam and Steve are sitting on the same couch. Wanda's sitting on the floor between my legs. I sometimes play with her hair during the movie, making random loose hairdos. Barnes, Vision, Bruce and Thor sitting in armchairs. I keep seeing Vision looking at Wanda more than the movie. Once I caught him in red handed, he turned his face quickly away. I give him sneaky smile.

"Ooh... My leg fell asleep!" Clint grizzle after the movie ended. It's 1.18 am. "Nat... Hey, wake up." I shake her shoulder. She had fall in asleep during the movie. She opens her eyes and yawns. "Of course the one who picked the film falls asleep." Sam yawns after. Everyone wondered into their bedrooms. Steve taps me on shoulder when no one was around. "Hey, (Y/N)..." he whisper. "Yeah?" I yawn, yawning is contagious. He looks deep into my eyes:"I saw Tony visiting in your room earlier. Is everything alright?". Sometimes it felt like I was their double agent - Tony and Steve, both of them pulling me aside here and there, asking questions and hoping I won't tell the other. "Yeah, good. Nothing special. Nervous about his date with Pepper." giving him resuring smile. He smiles back. Steve trusts me. I've never lied to him, or Tony. I just leave some stuff to tell when needed. The day felt long, even there wasn't much to do. I jump on my bed after turning the lights off. It's so dark. Barnes was there too, watching the movie with us. He usually spends his time alone in his room. This felt big step for him. For all of us. 'Soon he'll talk the rest of us too.' What am I? A bait? Soon my eyes got heavy and I fall asleep.