-24-

The explosion scared the bad guys and they left, leaving all three of us just laying on the ground, wondering what the hell just happened. "You're ok?" Bucky quickly scans my face with his eyes. "Y-yeah..." raise myself on my elbows, panting. Watching all the destruction the explosion made. How in the hell..? Without my knowledge, Bucky's eyes slowly goes down to my chest, and sees how it goes up and down as I try to settle my breath. Blush raises on his cheeks and he gets up quickly:"I guess we should keep going.". He then offers his right hand to help. With a gentle pull he gets me up. His hand feels so warm and big. "What the hell was that!?" Sam is on his knees, as confused as us about the explosion. "There were couple explosive barrels right next to the construction exit." Bucky informs. Sam raises himself up:"What kind of construction place have those just laying around!?". Wonder what made them explode..?

We rush out of there. It didn't take too long before we heard sirens of fire trucks and police cars going there. After running sometime, we stop to catch our breath in quiet alley. My hair is a mess, clothes all muddy and tights have holes in it. "You were right, (Y/N). Prostitute job is hard..." Sam teases while catching his breath. Giving him the 'shut up'- look but laugh comes out of me. This mission might have not gone the way we originally planned, but at least we're okay. Bucky's eyes goes up and down on me. Then he takes his leather jacket off:"Here, put this on.". Lift my head up to him confused:"Hm?". Before I could resist, he already put it on my shoulders. Didn't even realize how cold my shoulders actually were, until I felt the warmth of his jacket against the skin. "...Thank you." trying to hide my blush. Bucky's scent slowly flies to my nose. The jacket doesn't have its left sleeve, but I didn't mind it.

"There you are!" familiar voice says with cheering voice. It' Zemo! He came back to us. He just stands there, like nothing ever happened. "Where the hell you went?!" Sam takes two intimidating steps towards him. Zemo raises his hands up in his defense:"Is that how you thank your savior?". Savior? "Where's the gun Zemo?" Bucky snaps back. "Such a small gun, made for delicate female hands." Zemo rolls his eyes and hands the gun to Sam. We all look at him with anger. "Why you shoot the guy?" Sam questioned. "He was no use anymore to us. Thought you all be happy we got the information we needed." he explain. Bucky shakes his head a bit, holding himself back:"We don't shoot people for that reason.". Zemo raise his eyebrow at him, like he got little bit surprised Bucky's words.

He then tells us how he escaped the nightclub and saw us running. He was the one who shoot the barrels from his hide. "You did good, my dear." he smirks at me. "Oh, about that..." I walk up to him and with quick moves I slap him across his face twice, one for each side. Bucky and Sam boggle and takes a step back. Zemo looks at me in shock. Tossing my hair back:"That's for all the groping and stealing my gun.". "My apologies..." his voice got small. "And we won't talk about the dancing..." I hiss. He nods while holding his red cheeks. The two Avengers just stand there, shock about what just happened. Soon, people start to go gather around the streets to see what had happen near the explosion. Then Sam clears his throat:"Maybe we should head back to the hotel.". "Yeah." me and Bucky nod at the same time.

Sam and Zemo starts to walk ahead of us. Suddenly, I feel my right leg giving up a little. "Ah- !" I whoop and grab Bucky by the arm. "What!? What happened?" he worry, thinking I'm hurt. Looking down to my legs:"Aw, shoot! My heel got broken.". Bucky sighs. Taking the high heels off. Great... I'm dirty, tired and heels broken. "Well, guess I'll walk barefoot..." I sigh deep and start walking. Bucky stops me:"There are pieces of glass and all kind of stuff everywhere. You'll cut yourself.". He is right, the whole street was full of broken glass and wet spots. "Well, what should I do then? Can't wait here for you guys to get me new shoes." getting frustrated a bit. "Then I'll carry you. C'mon." he then gestures with his hands me to come to him. Blush raises on my face and I take a step back:"N- no! I'm fine walking... I promise to be careful!". He acts like he doesn't hear me and just lifts me up in his arms effortlessly in a princess carry. Huge blush goes all over my body, trying my best not to show it. Bucky starts walking, having very neutral look on his face. "I told you, I can walk by myself!" I struggle in his arms. "Yeah, yeah. Just try not to squirm so much..." he says casually. Defeated, I stop resisting. He is so close to me!!!

We finally arrived to the hotel. Bucky carried me the whole way. Spite the fact I told him to put me down already at the lobby, he still carries me. Sam and Zemo walks into the hotel room before us, leaving the door open for us to come in. "C'mon! Let go..!" whisper hissing at him. He stops right at the hotel room's door:"Alright, no need to thank me.". Then puts me down gently. Fixing my outfit a bit. "Thank you. Even I didn't ask for you to carry me..." rolling my eyes and enter the room. Sam flashes a smirk at me and I quickly give him a death glare. "Well, guess we're all tired. After all, it's 2 am. Let's chat more in the morning..." Sam yawns while looking at his phone. I catch the yawning:"I need a shower and pyjamas..." and head up to upstairs. Bucky and Zemo exchange a glare. Zemo's face still has my slap marks on, lightly pink. It made Bucky smirk corner of his mouth.

Changing the tight clothes into loose ones feels great. Already took a shower, brushed my teeth and my hair. I look beside my bed where I left the clothes I took off earlier. Bucky's jacket, I forgot to give it back to him. My cheeks starts blushing as I replay the scene in my head when he carried me. His strong arms, his scent, the warmth of his body, the way I felt his breath near me... Shaking these feeling away, thinking I'll need water before bed. So, I grab the jacket with me and quietly go down to the kitchen barefoot. Everyone seems to be in a sleep already. I place the jacket on a kitchen chair and turn to look at the cabinets, but then I see there's some light coming out of the living room.

The room is dark, but the TV is on. I approach the room and see Bucky is watching the TV. He senses my presence and turn to look at me. "Hey." he whispers, trying not to wake the others. "Hey, what are you watching?" I whisper and walk deeper into the room. "Friends." he reply and turns back to watch the show. A smile raises on my lips:"Oh, I guess they come in a loop." and join him. I sit down on his right side, having my legs on my lap. We watch the show few minutes in silence. This is nice. "You think the doctors really are in Canada?" I whisper. Bucky moves in his seat a bit:"Hard to tell... Guess we have no chose but to trust him.". His deep voice sounds so attractive. I clench my fist a bit and swallow:"I... I'm sorry.".

He lifts his eyes on me:"What for?". I struggle with my words:"It's just that... I know how much pain Zemo must've cost you and... Now you haveto get along with him. Because of me." my eyes looks sad. He's little surprised by my words, but then he takes a deep breath:"It's alright. That's our job now." and turns back to the TV. I finally dare to look at him. "No, really. I'm sorry." I insist. Bucky looks back at me. My heart starts pounding harder. Those eyes looking back at my (e/c) eyes somehow makes me feel little bit nervous, yet so calm. "I just want you to know... I would never turn my back on you, ever." fidgeting my fingers nervously. Gentle smile comes to his lips:"I know.". I'm so glad.

We continue watching the show. "So... Where actually is Yukon?" I wonder out loud. "It's in northwest. It's actually the smallest and westrnmost of Canada's three territories." Bucky tells. "Woow..." I gasp quietly. He raises his eyebrow at me. Holding a giggle. "I didn't know you're such a nerd!" I tease him. He rolls his eyes:"That's called general knowledge, you dummy." and nudge me by the shoulder. Pretending his touch is so strong and flop to the couch on my back while giggling. He sees my barefeet and quickly tickles them with his right hand. I squeal, but quickly cover my mouth. Hope no one woke up. Bucky just smiles and turns back to watch the show. Wish he would lay down on top of me and kiss me... Wait!? Why did I think of that!?

Feeling embarrassed about my thought, I get up and try to hide the blush. "You're alright?" he asks. I clear my throat a bit:"Yeah.". The episode ends and some random commercials starts playing. Stretching my arms and back:"Well, guess I'll head to the bed. You should do it too." and got up. "Next to you?" Bucky smirks. My head snaps right at him. What did he say? Maybe I heard him wrong..? There is teasing smile on his lips. Rolling my eyes, trying to hide blush on my cheeks:"Good night, Barnes.". "Good night, Dummy." he shuts the TV, lays down on the couch and pulls blanket over him. Whole the way back in my room I keep blushing. My heart is pounding crazy. Did he just flirt with me!?