-18-

Driving the car to our next destination. Sam is sitting on the backseat with Zemo, Bucky is sitting next to me. Sam questioned Zemo like a cop how the hell did he get out of the prison and what he was going to do in the old wooden house. Zemo told us how he heard from other prisoner about the super-soldier serum. Pretty soon after there was huge break out in the prison. The old wooden house is his secret hiding place – well, not so hidden anymore. "Wonder who started the breakout..." Bucky scoffs, having sharp tone in his voice. Before Zemo could say anything, it starts raining hard. Because of the bullet holes from before, it is now raining inside the car.

All of the seats and clothes are getting wet. "Great! Now what? We can't drive like this...!" Sam tries to cover the holes with his hand for a second. Putting the wipers on:"What you think we should do then? The destination is like four hour drive.". The rain doesn't seem to stop anytime soon. Zemo leans a little towards me from the backseat, it makes Sam and Bucky alert a bit. "There's a private airport near by. If you wouldn't mind... We could take my private jet." Zemo has calm voice. "You? You own a private jet?" Sam raise his eyebrow and pulls Zemo back to his seat. "I'm a baron, my friend." Zemo corrects his jacket. I can hear clinks of the handcuffs.

So, we drive to this private airline, and it was true; Zemo does own a jet! There was even a real pilot waiting for us. "Was he here waiting for you in the beginning?" I ask as we walk towards the jet. Zemo clears his throat as a sign for me to take off the handcuffs. "Right..." and I take them off. I don't trust him, but we need his help. "Thank you, Miss...?" he raise his eyebrow, ready to finally hear my full name. "(Y/L). (Y/N) (Y/L)." introducing myself. Zemo smiles at me gently, like he has heard that name before. Bucky's eyes are glued on Zemo, like he was some kind of guard dog. Hope he's not too mad at me about this...

"Champagne?" a man offers in the plane. Zemo takes a glass in his hand and thanks the man. All the three of us just stare at him, wondering how in the world this killer is now just sitting there. Well, we do know how, but it's still very weird scenario. The flight to the destination is going to be now a lot shorter - hate to say, but thanks to him. I keep looking at my phone:"So, after we land, we get a place to stay the night. Tony should have arranged us some safe place...". "I can't believe how calm Tony is about all of this." Sam keeps looking outside of a small window next to him.  We are so up high already. There are clear clouds everywhere. Hard to believe it is pouring rain below us.

I put the phone away:"Well, he's not. By the way Zemo, you haven't still told us who are the leaders?". My eyes lift up to the man in front of me, who's now reading some kind of book, completely ignoring me. Zemo then sees my stare:"Forgive me dear. I just started to read this... Interesting book I found." and raises a small notebook up. Bucky quickly recognizes the notebook, jumps out of his seat to grab Zemo by the throat with his metal hand. Me and Sam both jump a little in our seats. Did he just snap!? "Touch that again and I'll kill you." Bucky whispers under his breath. Zemo gives a slight nod. Bucky lets go of his throat and sits back in his seat with the notebook. The whole atmosphere is got tense. "I'm sorry." Zemo clears his throat. Giving Sam a questioning look. He just shrug his shoulders, as confused as me. What's in that notebook?

After two minutes of awkward silence, I was brave enough to speak again:"So... Um, about the leaders?". Zemo raise his eyes on me:"Hm? Ah, yes. The place we are going, they are trying to buy people as their test projects... See how the serum affects them.". Sam also jumps to the conversation:"And who's 'they' again?". Zemo sips the last drops of his glass:"Doctor Sidorov, he is the one who buys people and tests the serum on them.". Frowning at him:"Then who are the ones that sells these people? And what kind of people they tests on? Soldiers?". Bucky's eyes quickly goes from the floor to me. "Anyone who's interested in money can sell a human life... But soldiers? No. No, they are still testing the serum on lifes that don't matter." Zemo has his eyes on me all this time. "And what kind of lifes 'don't matter'?" Sam clenches his jaw. Then Zemo turns his head towards Sam and just shrugs:"You tell me.". My eyes quickly goes to Bucky, who is still looking at me. Hard to read his face what he's thinking about...

Finally, we arrived to our destination. Stepping inside our 'new home', which is big two floor hotel suite with three bedrooms, modern kitchen and two bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms are on the same floor, one upstairs. "Not bad from Tony!" Sam looks around pleased. "The bedroom upstairs is mine!" I inform Sam, who already start jogging there to see the room. Bucky keeps his silent treatment and walks to the bar area. "Mr. Stark does have a good taste..." Zemo also looks around while standing near the front door, having once again handcuffs on. Why I feel little bit bad about it..? No! Like Tony have said many times to me:'(Y/N), you are too nice to people. Even for those who don't deserve it.'.

Pinching the bridge of my nose while thinking Tony's words, my phone start buzzing.       Steve. Before answering, I walk little bit away from others. Wonder what he wants? "Hi, what's up?" I answer. "Where's Bucky!?" Steve sounds nervous. Thinking he maybe heard the news about Zemo and now worried about him:"Relax, everything is fine. We just arrived to the hotel..-", "Not that..- Why Bucky hasn't answer any of my calls? I have tried to call him several times." Steve tells me. "Oh, um- I don't know? Maybe his phone is on mute?" I start walking to Bucky. What is happening? Bucky sees my approach and puts his whiskey on a table. "Just a sec, Steve... Here, he wants to talk to you." giving the phone to Bucky. He grabs it and quickly walks out of the living room area, leaving me and Zemo alone.

"Trouble?" Zemo raise his eyebrow at me. My eyes goes to him:"Hope not.". Then my eyes lowers down to the handcuffs. Sam joins us in the living room:"Pretty view up there. You sure (Y/N) you won't let me sleep in there? Or I'll join you there ~" he winks. Smile raises on my lips and I give a nudge on Sam's shoulder. "Nah, forget it! I might be too nice to people, but I won't give up the room – or share it." I let out a chuckle. Little smile raises on Zemo's face as he has his eyes on me. "You have such beautiful smile, Miss (Y/L)." he says. I turn to look at him, little bit surprised by the comment.

"She won't fall for your dirty tricks, so just stop it." Bucky walks back to the room, aiming the words at Zemo. "Somebody's jealous..." Sam whispers to himself. "What Steve said?" I ask. Bucky hands the phone back to me and just glares at me for a second. What's his deal? Then he goes to gulp rest of the whiskey down his throat. "I'll go outside for a bit." he informs and start head to the exit. "Where?" Sam is as surprised as the rest of us. Bucky says nothing and walks out. What Steve said to him?