-21-

Quickly went to bed right after returning from the therapy session. Luckly Sam or Zemo didn't see me crying. No idea where Bucky is, and I didn't care – or at least I try not to. How can he say that? I have done nothing, but try to keep everyone happy. Thinking Bucky's words and how he doesn't trust me, I cry myself to sleep.            "(Y/N)! Come down for breakfast!" Sam shouts from downstairs. I wake up and look at the clock from my phone. 9.09 am. Feels like yesterday was just a bad dream. I don't wanna see Bucky right now. Sam is making me a plate, fried eggs and toast. "Hookers gotta eat too." he chuckles as I walk down the stairs.

The trio is sitting in the kitchen, having breakfast. They soon notice that I have my hair in high ponytail and wearing running clothes. "Where're you going?" Sam sound surprised. I can feel Bucky's eyes on me the whole time, but I won't even turn his way. Putting the sneakers on, not making any eye contact with anyone:"Just outside, running.". Sam and Zemo just shrugs and continues eating:"Alright.". Bucky gets up from his seat:"I'm coming with you.". Sharp pain goes thru my heart. "No you're not!" quickly, I close the door behind me and left. I don't wanna see or talk to him.

Running around the city with headphones on, thinking how am I going to keep my head on the mission tonight. The city is really quiet, it's actually nice change for the busy, never sleeping New York. But I still feel little bit homesick. Can't help but wonder how the others are doing... "Hey..!" familiar voice calls further away. As I was afraid, Bucky catches up on me. Have zero interest to deal with him right now. Speeding up won't work, I know. So I just stop running and turn to face him. "Now look who's stalking." I scoff and take the headphones off. Bucky looks at me, it's really hard to read what's on his mind. "Look I..." he starts while slowly walking towards me. "You don't need to. Really." I shook my head and start to walk away.

He continues to follow me:"(Y/N).". The way he says my name. Can't help but stop walking again. "What?" turning to face him. "I'm sorry. Okay? You are the last person I wanna fight with." he says for my surprise. Feeling like there is a golfball in my throat:"Well... That's all you've been doing this whole mission.". Bucky sighs:"You've not been easy either...". Guess he's right. My eyes gets glossy and I look away:"Then what's the point of this conversation? You practically hate me..-", Bucky's head shoots up as he hears the word 'hate':"I don't hate you. I never said 'hate'.". Crossing my arms over my chest:"Well, we're not friends either. Like you said.". He walks towards me:"Look, I'm sorry. I should've never said that in first place.". He stands now so close to me, is he always been this tall?

My eyes just wonders around the ground. Can't look him in the eyes. "The reason I got out Wakanda earlier... Is because I made agreement, that I'll go therapy frequently. No matter if I'm on mission or not. Tony flew her out here and... I'm not very good at talking about my feelings." Bucky seems to struggle with his words. Hearing all of this feels like we've back in the time before he went Wakanda. "But... I thought you really liked there?" I frown at him, remembering all the good things he had told us. His adam's apple goes quickly up and down as he swallows. "I- " he then slowly starts to lean towards me. My heart skips a beat and cheeks goes red as his eyes got same level as mine. He looks deep into my eyes. What is happening? "There you guys are!" Sam yells as he sees us.

Both of us jump away from each other. It's Sam and Zemo walking towards us. "What is it?!" Bucky sounds pissed. I try to settle down my blush and heart pounding. Was he just about to kiss me!? "Look man, as much fun as it is, I can't always be the one who looks after the killer. No offense." Sam says. Zemo nods his head:"Understandable.". "Sorry, Sam. I'll take care of him, so you can go and have some alone time." I chuckle, try to hide my blush. "C'mon. Let's go get some coffee." I start walking ahead, Zemo following behind. "I'll go call Tony, inform him about this night. After that, I'm going to have a long bubblebath..." Sam inform Bucky and start to walk different direction. "Try not to kill each other!" he added before turning around a corner. Bucky shakes his head and goes after me and Zemo.

"Here you go. Enjoy!" a cafe worker hands us our beverages. I also got a bagel. Skipping breakfast wasn't so good idea after all. Now, me, Bucky and Zemo are walking in a park. Getting some fresh air before returning at the hotel. It's weird scenario... Having two people, who could easily kill each other, walking in a park, drinking coffee. Zemo sees my smile:"Is something amusing you, Miss (Y/L)?". "Huh? Oh, no. Nothing much." I resure. Bucky is walking few steps behind us. "(Y/L)..." Zemo says it like he is feeling my last name in his mouth. Raising eyebrow at him:"What?". He takes a sip of his coffee before answering:"Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't your family famous bounty hunters?". I let out a laugh:"Well, I don't know anything about 'famous'... But yeah, my family used to do that.".

"Used to?" Zemo turn his head to look at me with questioning face. "They quit few years ago." I slurp my coffee. "I see... You seem too cute to be one." he says out of blue. Bucky is quick to catch Zemo's words too, not liking what he hears. About to choke in my drink:"...Wh- what's that got to do with anything?!". Is he trying to kill me by choking on my own drink!? Shaking my head what he just said:"Just... Call me (Y/N). Don't need to be so formal all the time.". Zemo smiles gently:"Alright, (Y/N).", like he once again tries the name on his tongue. Bucky speed his steps and walks between us, like he is marking his territory or something...  Zemo sees this and raises his eyebrow at him. Bucky ignores it and sips his coffee like nothing happened. I have no idea about their actions, I just keep thinking about the mission.