-4-

A month has past. I wake up, still feeling sleepy even I slept quite good. It's 10.26 am. Slouching into the bathroom while trying to opening my eyes. After sitting down on the toilet, I notice my period have started. Shit. I clean myself up and change clothes into baggy ones. "Morning, (Y/N)!" Sam smiles when I walk into the kitchen. "Morning..." I mutter. "Well, you seem like a sunshine, sleepyhead." he chuckle. Sam had wake up many hours ago, he's wearing his jogging outfit. "Maybe today is not my day..." I take coffee mug from the cabinet. "C'mon! It's Friday after all!" he tries to cheer me up. Barnes walks in, looks like he had just woken up too. "Coffee?" I offer to him. He just nods and hands out his mug. First I fill his cup, then mine. Both of us grunting from tiredness. "You two are like two peas in a pot." Sam teases. Barnes and I have become more close, but still keeping things pretty casual. Nothing special have happen between us.

"You two should go out, get some fresh air." Sam starts heading out. It's cold outside, trees had changed their colors into yellow, red and orange. It sure is beautiful out there. "Nightmares?" I ask right after Sam left out of site. "Some." Barnes sits down the table. "You?" he asks. Guess he senses my mood. Just shrug and take a seat across him. Sure, we've got closer, but I wasn't going to tell him how my period started this morning. Wonder how open people were back in 40's about their periods... Suddenly, I feel my stomach cramp. Need some painkillers soon. "You... Have you ever thought if you would talk to someone? About your nightmares..." I ask carefully. "No need." he gives a small smile. He should talk to someone. It would help him. Maybe he thinks it's a sight of weakness? "How about professional?" I start to ask. "No." he sips his coffee. "Wanda?" I offer. "No." he reply. "Okay, how about me then?" keeping my voice neutral. By the look on his face, it actually looks like he thought about it for a second. But then he looks back down:"Nope.". I hate pushing him, but he can't keep living like this.

"Ooor... Maybe, he's actually having naughty, wet dreams and he just won't tell you~" Scott stride into the room. Barnes and I turn our heads with judgmental look at Scott. "You ever have that kind of dreams, (Y/N)?" Scott smirks at me. "Leave me out of this." raise my hands up as defense. "Oh c'mon!" he teases. "Sometimes Scott, you really need to shut up." Barnes mutter. Barnes have come more comfortable to say something back to others. It's so great. "What are you guys going to do on Halloween?" quickly I change the subject. After all it was going to be in couple weeks. "Nothing... Maybe watch couple horror movies." Scott thought out loud. Barnes just shrugged. "Well, I was thinking... Maybe we could have a small Halloween party? Nothing big, just in a small group." I smile. "That sounds great!" Scott got excited.

"Ah ~ That time of the year, when all the girls wear slutty/naughty costumes." he continue. "Why you always have to make everything so weird..?" Barnes ask. "I have never seen (Y/N) in sexy outfit before." Scott starts thinking out loud and sit down with us. Barnes clears his throat. "Wh...? Your mind is out of this world Scott..." I pinch bridge of my nose. "What's happening in here?" Natasha walks in. "We are having sexy Halloween party!" Scott smiles. Nat raise her eyebrows amused. "Small Halloween party. No one's talking about 'sexy' but you." I clarify. "That sounds great! I'm in." she smiles. My stomach cramps again. "Great! I'll go tell Tony about the party." I stand up and leave. Knowing there are some pain killers in the lab, it was only natural for me to head there.

Tony and Bruce are working on something in the lab. It's really loud, both of them having goggles on. "Hey you two!" try to yell over the noise. "Oh, hi (Y/N)!" Bruce notices me. "Where you keep the pain killers?" I ask. "There are over there." he points at cabinets. "Thanks!" I go get them. "That time of the month?" Tony stop working. How did he know!? I give him the 'shut up'- look and swallow the pill with some water. "We were talking, if we should have a small Halloween party." I tell them. "Sounds fun." Bruce smiles. "Yes, sure does." Tony starts to arrange the party in his mind, can see it on his face. "No! I said SMALL party, Tony!" I snap him out of it. Everyone knows Tony goes all in when it comes having parties. "Sure, of course. Lame ass party, that's always fun..." he roll his eyes and turns back to work. Deep sigh comes out of me. "You can arrange the party if you want, but nothing too big!" I point a finger at him. "Yes, yes..." he flashes a smirk.

Evening came so fast. "You sure you don't wanna come, (Y/N)? I could match you up with someone cute." Natasha winks while putting on a leather jacket. She was going out for a date with some random guy, as usual. "No need, I got everything I need right here!" I have a pizzabox and some coke in my hands. She chuckles:"Okay, if you're sure. Behave.", and she left. "Bye!" I smile. Everyone seemed to have other plans out of the Tower, but not me. I'm just having a Friday night with the big TV in the living room with lots of treats and junk food. My period might have something to do with it...

An hour past. I'm lying down on the couch, having fluffy blanket on and watching a show. Can hear some footsteps coming closer. Got surprised when I turn to see who it is. "James! What are you doing here?" I raise myself to sit. "What do you mean? I live here." he smirks a little. "What I meant was; why are you not out? Like everyone else?" I ask. He scratch back of his head:"Didn't feel like having lot of people around.". He sits down, next to my feet that are on the couch. I lay back down where I was. "What are you watching?" he turns to look at the TV. "Friends!" I smile. Then I gave him a quick run thru what the show was about and told about the characters. For my surprise, he stays and watches more episodes with me. We chuckle and comment the show here and there. This is really fun. "Why didn't you then went out?" he suddenly ask. "Hm?" raise eyebrow at him. He has his eyes on me. "Didn't feel like it." turning my eyes back to the show. "I see." he turns to look at the TV as well. After we watched 6 more episodes, little by little, my eyes starts to feel heavy. Without realizing it, I fell in a sleep.

What feels like a minute, my eyes starts opening slowly. Huh? Quickly raise myself to sit. I'm... In my own bed. How?! Did I sleepwalk in here? Still have my hoodie and sweatpants on. All I remember I was watching Friends with James... And then I guess I felt sleep. It's a mystery how I got in my bed. Was I that tired I can't remember walking in my own room? Or... Did James carry me in here!? No, no, no, no! He wouldn't do that. Would he? Little blush comes up on my cheeks. So embarrassing if he did!  Try to push that thought away. After showering, change of clothes and brushing teeth, I go down to the kitchen. "Morning!" Natasha smiles. I rub my eye:"Morning, how was your date?". She gives me a sneaky smile. Guessing by that, she scored last night. Tony rolls his eyes as he's reading news paper. "How was your night?" she asks me. "Fine, it went fine. Me and James watched like six episodes of Friends.". "He didn't go on his date?" Nat sounds surprised. Huh? "N-no... He didn't say anything about he would have a date." shook my head confused. "Oh, Steve set up a date for him." Nat explain. "Maybe he got better company in here." Tony smirks. I roll my eyes.

Soon Nat, Wanda and I went to the training room.  I tie my hair in high ponytail as we walk in. Steve, Barnes, Clint and Sam are already in there. "Hey ladies!" Sam smiles. We smile back and start working out. After 15 minutes, Steve comes up to us:"You guys want to combat?". "Sure." Natasha smirks. "Okay, who's going first?" Steve rubs his hands together. "(Y/N) and Bucky should go first." Nat quickly says. Both of us turn to look at each other, slightly surprised. We've never combat together. Soon, Barnes and I step on the mat. Why I feel so nervous? We get ready and start. My moves are kind of slow, trying to keep my distance. Why am I holding back? "Come on shorty." Barnes whisper so only I could hear it. Shorty!? I clench my fist. Calm downHe's just trying to irritate me. He starts smirking:"Let's see what you can do, shorty.". "Oh-ou, he's trying to call Dark (Y/N) to come out!" Clint tries to hold his smile.

Roll my head around so it makes cracking noises to calm my nerves. "Don't." smiling awkwardly at Barnes. "Make the first move, doll." he smiles. Doll!? "Oh no..." Wanda feels my rage. Before he could realize, I was already right in front of him and gave hard head bump on his head. "Ah-!" he takes few steps back. Then I punch him on his right side. Ready to go for my next punch, but he stops my fist with his metal arm. Now his face is serious. So is mine. Steve, Natasha, Wanda, Sam and Clint has their eyes glued on our fight. Little by little, Barnes and I are both getting tired, but not giving up. He swept my feet and I thud on the mat:"Ah!". Then he looks down to me while panting. "There..." he sighs and turn to face the others.

Barnes is about to leave beside me. "Not so fast!", but I kick my leg on his, so he falls down on his stomach. Quickly, when he turns on his back, I crawl on top of him:"There..! In your face!". Then I raise my arms up, showing my 'victory'. Everyone claps and cheers. We both pant and look each other in the eyes. His eyes are so blue. My heart skips a beat. "Ok! Who's next?" Steve asks and looks around. Other's voices fades away as I go to sit on a bench to wipe my sweaty face and neck on a towel. Clint and Natasha was next. Barnes sits down next to me. Can feel his body heat even we're not touching. "You sure got some kick, (Y/N)." he drinks from his water bottle. "Just so you know, I was holding back, James." I give him a teasing smile and drink from my water bottle. He smiles back and chuckles:"So was I.".