-11-

Two weeks goes by. Everything seems to be back to normal. Christmas is getting closer and closer. The Tower is decorated with Christmas lights and all kind of stuff. There are a lot of snow in the streets too. I have even a small Christmas tree in my room. My plan is going to see my family for Christmas, spend couple of weeks in there, then coming back after New year. Everyone got plans for Christmas as well, so I guess not too many people are going to be at the Tower at Christmas. Steve and Bucky are going to stay at the Tower at least. There is a knock on my door. Opening the door, Tony is standing there. "Hi, (Y/N). Can I come in?" he ask. "Sure..." I open the door more for him to get in. This time leaving the door open. "What's up?" cross arms over my chest. I'm wearing a big, white jumper with black jeans and wool socks.

"I just came her to inform you, that there is going to be a new arrangement..." he's looking at the little Christmas tree. "I'm not going to skip Christmas with my family, if that's what you mean." I stated. It's been far too long last time I saw them. "No, no. You can go see your family..." he waves his hand. "Then, what is it?" I raise my eyebrow. He lift his eyes on me:"It's about Barnes.". I sit down on my bed:"What about him?". "I had a long conversation with T'Challa - the Black Panther. You remember him." he starts. I give him a nod, I do remember him. Back then we tried to catch the Winter Soldier. "We made agreement, Bucky is going Wakanda for a bit. To learn and to control his mind." his tone got serious. "Wh- when?" I ask surprised. "Tonight/early in the morning." he says. Without thinking, I stand up:"What!? Does he know?". "Yes, he was there too when we made the agreement." Tony takes a few steps towards me. "Well, how long..?" my heart feels heavy. "Eight months." he said. Eight months!?

"For starters, see if he'll get better. Steve knows it too, and I haven't told others yet." he continued. I nod. There is a sad look on my face for a moment. Tony put his hand on my shoulder:"Bucky needs this. Last time made him think, he really needs help with his mind.". "Yeah, of course." I shook my head to hide my sadness. Him being away eight months feels like forever. But if that is going to help him, I'm here for it. It just would have been nice to hear from him. "Oh, I almost forgot..." Tony turns around before leaving. He picks something from his pocket. A small box, wrapped neatly in beautiful paper. He hands it to me. "Oh... Thank you..." I'm speechless. "C'mon, open it." he gives a gentle smile. My hands feels shaky as I unwrap the present.

A gasp comes out of my mouth when I opened the box. There are small, sparkly but classy stud earrings. "They're beautiful!" lift my head to look at Tony. He just stands there smiling, glad for my reaction. "You buy every girl these?" I tease while admiring the earrings again. "No, just for you." he smiles. "You sure Pepper won't get jealous?" still teasing him. "Well, I was thinking I'm going to give her a ring this Christmas, so maybe she won't be so jealous..." he blushes a little. A huge smile comes on my face and I pull him into a hug. "Merry early Christmas Tony!" I tight my hug. "Merry Christmas, (Y/N)." he hugs me back.

Later that day, I went Christmas shopping with Wanda and Natasha at the mall. There are a lot of people. We are struggling what to buy. I had bought some presents for my family, but I still wanted to buy all the Avengers something. We agreed all three of us buy together presents for the guys. Natasha is going to buy presents for Clint, Thor and Bruce. Wanda has Vision, Scott and Sam. I got Steve, Bucky and Tony. Maybe something for Peter too. Knowing that sending it to him won't make till Christmas, but I guess it's the thought that counts. And something for Lola of course too! Something they all can actually like and use. There are too many people, with different personalities and needs... End up buying three gift cards for Lola, Nat and Wanda to a lingerie store. Got them hiden in my bag, so those two can't see.

We went for a coffee shop at the mall, just to catch our breath from the shopping. "I don't know what to get Vision." Wanda struggled. "Hmm... How about a scarf?" I suggest as I spin a spoon in my coffee. "He doesn't feel cold, (Y/N)..." Nat chuckles while drinking her latte. "Oh, right... But it would look good on him!" I smile. "Tony must be difficult one too. Man who has it all." Wanda thought out loud, a cup of cocoa in her hands. I had told earlier the girls how Bucky is leaving Wakanda soon. "You bought anything for Bucky yet, (Y/N)?" Nat ask. "No, not yet. It's difficult to buy for someone who is 100 something years old." I sigh. "But you found a present for Steve, didn't you?" Wanda looks at all the shopping bags on the floor. I look down too:"Yeah, I did.". It's a book about how to date in 2010's. It was inside joke between us. Knowing it will make him laugh, but also he needed it. Pair of fluffy socks to go with it, just in case.

We drank our drinks and continued shopping. We split up and agreed in 30 minutes we'll see each other outside. I found a nice scarf for Peter. Tony is going to get some whiskey and a sweater. Walking around the mall, still trying to think what to buy for Bucky. What in the world am I going to get him? Then, I walk by a jewelry shop. Remembering Tony's gift for me, which I'm wearing at the moment. Wristwatches caught my eye on the showcase. A watch. Bucky doesn't have a watch with him. He wasn't the type who had his phone all the time to see the time, like the rest of us did. Watch would be perfect for him! For a moment I look for a watch that would suit on him. Finally, I come out of the mall, Natasha and Wanda waiting for me.

At the same evening, I wrapped all the presents ready in my room. Clock is already 7 pm. Still haven't seen Bucky after hearing the news him leaving to Wakanda. Well, to be fair, he hasn't come to me neither... I wanted to run up to him right after I heard the news from Tony, but I didn't want to seem so eager. Way to keep everything cool and casual. The thought of not seeing him for eight months makes me feel some type of way. I'm happy he is going to get the help he needs, but part of me is feeling sad. Like I miss him already or something... I shake my head, getting rid of those thoughts. Then I head to the kitchen to have something to eat. Also took Bucky's gift with me, so I can give it to him after I've eaten.

As I enter the kitchen, there are only fairy lights on, and Bucky. My heart skips a beat when I see him. He raise his eyes on me:"(Y/N)...". "Hi..." I mutter, not knowing how to act. This must be the last time we see each other before him leaving. "You must've heard my leaving..." he gives an awkward smile. "Y-yeah, little surprised that you leave so soon." I chuckle awkwardly back. "What time you leave?" I ask. "Around 4 am." he said. "It's better that way." he add and starts heading towards the lift. I'm holding the gift in my hand. Why my hands feel so shaky!? "I- !!" my mouth just opened. Bucky turns around and stares at me now. Somehow I feel way more nervous. "I-it's just that... You're going to be there for so long time..." I stutter. He comes closer:"Yes?".

My heart feels like it's coming out of my chest. "So, I thought I'll give you Christmas present early!" handing the gift. He is so surprised by it:"I got nothing for you..". "It's okay, I don't mind! I mean, I had no expectation to receive any gifts from anyone!" my ears feels red. He then takes the tiny box in his hand. "You can open it whenever yo..-" is all could say, but he starts unwrapping it right away. What if he doesn't like it!? A smile comes on his lips as he sees it. "Thank you." his voice is gentle. "M-maybe you needed one. I mean, I haven't seen you wearing a watch before. So..." I stutter and smile awkwardly. "Now I just feel upset I have nothing to give to you." he stare at the watch. "No, really it's fine! I didn't give it to you just so you would buy me something." I resure. "Well, maybe I'll buy you a lot of ice cream and other sweets when I come back." he chuckles. "Yeah, that sounds great." I smile gently.

Then I notice he tries to put the watch on his wrist:"D-do you need help with that?". He reaches his hand, so I could help him. Hoping he won't notice my hands shaking as I put the thing on his right wrist. His hand looks so big and strong... Can feel his eyes are on me all the time. "There!" I quickly say when I got it on its place. "It looks good on you." I smile happily. "Well, I have a good taste." he jokes. Then, we sat down and I started to eat and drink before heading the bed. For my surprise, Bucky stayed too even he has already eaten. It's like neither one of us wanted to leave the kitchen. Feels like if we won't leave this room, the time would stop and he didn't have to leave. Bet he's nervous about the trip.

"Well, good night Bucky. Have a nice trip. And be good!" I smile as we are standing inside the lift, on way to our own rooms. "Good night, (Y/N). You too." he smiles gently. Then there is this silent moment. Both of us staring each other in the eyes. My heart pounds faster the higher we get. Elevator doors opens, it's Bucky's floor. We keep staring into each others eyes. My heart felt a squeeze. "Well, see you around (Y/N)." he gives a pat on my back and left. Huh? The last thing I saw before the doors closed was his wide back, walking away from me. Holding my hands against my chest. Just a pat on back!? That's all..? I mean, we are JUST friends. It just... Left me feel lonely or something. Not even a hug..? He sure wasn't a hug person, but... Urgh! I went to bed and few tears came down my eyes. I'm going to miss him so much!