-27-

Today is the day when Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Peter comes, and Zemo goes back to prison. It's going to take few hours before they arrive to get us. We pack our stuff in our suitcases and bags. Had kept some distance towards this whole time Bucky. It's difficult and he has also notices it. God, what should I do!? "So Zemo, now it's your last day as 'free man', is there anything you wanna do before others come?" Sam asks. Zemo looks little bit surprised Sam's offer. Bucky shifts his glare to Zemo. "Well... If you wouldn't mind, simply, I would like to go for a walk." he says.

"That can be arrange. (Y/N)? Would you go and do it?" Sam asks. "Why won't you do it?" I frown at him. "Hey, you own me! I wanna take my last bubblebath before leaving." he says. Heading to get my jacket and giving him teasing smile:"You sure take lot of 'bubblebaths' Sam...". Zemo and Bucky turn their heads at Sam. "W- what you mean!?" he hisses, light blush on his face. "Nothing~ Enjoy your bath..." I giggle and start leaving, Zemo following right after. Bucky looks Sam up and down real quick and goes after us. "IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!!!" Sam yells after.

After walking around the city, we grabbed some coffee, walked past a park. Now we're walking near to a beach. The sun is about to go down. The sky is now light pink. Wind goes thru my hair. Fall is near, I can feel it. Zemo stops walking and breaths it all in. The water keeps making waves, foaming when it hits the shore. "I'm going to miss this..." he says. Throwing an empty coffee cup to trash:"Well, you should've thought about that before you started to kill people...". Then I walk beside him. He turns to look at me:"If I could take it all back, I would.". My head raises to face him. Don't know if I should feel compassion towards him or not. Bucky is walking little bit behind us, sipping the last drops of his coffee. Zemo shifts his eyes to Bucky and back to me:"I'm only thinking what's best for you, dear.". Frowning at him. "No need." keeping my voice neutral.

Trying to push all of these feelings I have towards Bucky... It's hard. "They're not cable of feeling 'love'." Zemo says. My eyes widens a bit, but I quickly go back neutral. Really..? It feels like I don't know what's real and what's not. My mind is all messed up. Bucky walks up to us:"We should head back.". Zemo turns to face him. "Right..." having hint of sadness in his voice. He then starts walking ahead of us. Me and Bucky exchange a look and start walking at the same pace. "You alright?" he asks. My heart squeezes painfully. Why he cares!? "You sure ask that a lot..." raising him eyebrow with a fake smile. He clears his throat a bit:"I just want you to be ok.". Liar. "No need to worry about that." keeping my voice casual and look ahead.

Then he stops walking:"Have I done something wrong?". My legs stops themselves and I turn to look at him:"No. Why?". Please, stop being so nice to me... My throat feels like it's sqeezing, like I can't breath. Insecureness has its grip of my heart. "You haven't even looked at me after yesterday..." he lets out sad smirk. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." he continue, there's regret in his face. No, I actually loved it. Clenching my hand into a fist, try to calm myself down:"We don't need to talk about it.". Tears starts to come up. Bucky sees this and gets worried. "(Y/N), what's wrong?" his voice is soft. The way he says my name... He then tries to reach his hand to touch me, but I take a step back:"Don't .". It's all a lie. How could he ever love someone like me? Bucky's eyes widens, it made him feel like he was hurting me, even he didn't touch me.

His face goes all dark from sadness:"I'm sorry. Just... Tell me what I did wrong, please.". My heart hurts so bad! My whole body starts to shake and tears rolls down my cheeks. "I know..- Please stop playing with my emotions." is all I could say. He looks so confused about my words. Wiping out the tears, heart pounding like crazy:"You don't know how it feels when it's one sided...". Feeling so weak around him. He frowns:"What are you talking about?". Can't answer, my mind is just so... Feels like I have now ruin our friendship. There is no going back. Bucky clenches his teeth:"Did Zemo say something to you?". Nodding to his words and sniff:"You-, People like you need someone who's up to your level.". "People like me?" there's hurt in his voice.              Zemo. My head turns at the direction Zemo had start to walk.

He is nowhere to be found. "Where is he!?" I ask. It seems Zemo has escaped while we were talking. We start to look for him in panic. "Shit! I'll call Sam!" I yell and start running at the direction I think he went. Bucky runs after me, cursing Zemo. Damn it, Zemo! Running around the streets and near construction site. "He can't be too far! Maybe we should split up." I suggest. Bucky nods and starts running towards construction site. Sam finally picks up. "Sam! He got away!" I shout. "What!? H- Hold on! I'll just- WAAHH!!" hearing some water splashing and him falling down. "Sam!? Sam!!" I yell. No respond. "Shit!" hanging up the call and keep running the opposite direction Bucky went.

Bucky's POV:

Running thru the construction site into a warehouse. I know how Zemo's mind works, where he would try to hide. And I was actually right, Zemo really is in the warehouse. "It's over, Zemo." taking a step towards him. Zemo tries to look all calm:"Oh, you already talked with (Y/N)?". Hate how he says her name. Trying to contain my rage here, so I say nothing, but walk up to him. Grabbing him by the throat with metal arm:"What did you say to her?". Zemo gasps some air, even I'm not pressing too hard, even I would like to. "I just told her the truth." he whimper. "And what is that?" I raise my voice.

He just glares back. Looking deep in his eyes:"You know I only need to squeeze, right?". He then smiles a bit:"And I was right... Super-soldiers can't feel love or compassion." What? "I only opened (Y/N)'s eyes. She was too desperately falling in love with a monster like you." Zemo continues. So, Zemo really got in (Y/N)'s head. She's too innocent and pure. Zemo's face starts to piss me of even more than ever before. Letting go of his throat and pull my gun out. At first Zemo looks surprised, but then he starts smiling slowly.

Pointing the gun right at Zemo's face. I could just finish him right here, right now. After everything he's done. Turning the person I care about the most against me was the last straw. "Do it." Zemo says. We keep intense eye contact. I pull the trigger.           'Click!' Zemo boggle, but nothing happened. Dropping all the bullets to the ground. "I'm not a killer anymore." my voice sound like a whisper.