-16-

After walking 40 minutes, we arrived to a small village that had a cheap motel. Clock was already 7.48 pm. We're dirty and tired, so we had no choice but take a shelter from there. We bought some change of clothes from the nearest shop and head to the motel. A woman slams two keys on a table:"Room 4 and 7.". Sam takes the keys in his hands and pays with Tony's credit card. "So, I'm guessing you two wanna share the room?" he teases. We both give him the death stare. "Alright, alright..." he then gives me the key to the room 4. "We'll see you at the breakfast!" Sam and Bucky shares the room 7.

The room is small. It has a single bed, table next to it, a window and a writing table. Oh, and a tiny bathroom - without a shower. The shower is in guy's room. "Fucking hell..." I curse to myself. Before I'll go there, I check my phone. Three missed calls and 26 messages. Three of the messages are from Wanda and Natasha from group chat, two messages from Tony, aaaand rest of them were from Adam... It seems he have tried to make some drunk calls and messages. The messages are really mixed, some of them are sweet and some of them really aggressive. Had to block him. A tear rolls down my cheek as I finally got the time to think how and why he dumped me. Maybe I wasn't deeply into him, but this still hurts. Should I have slept with him? Why he makes me feel so guilty about all of this? I feel so conflicted.

After I got it all out of my system, I collect my thoughts and thought of go to the shower. Knocking to the guy's room's door, Sam open it:"Well, look who's here! Already missed us?". Holding change of clothes in my hands:"Can I use the shower?". "Sure, come in." he opens the door for me to come in. "Hey, I'm going to get some water and stuff. You need anything?" Sam asks. "Water would be nice, thanks." giving him a gentle smile. Sam shuts the door, and I can hear his footsteps fade away. Where's Bucky? Then I hear the bathroom's door opening. My eyes goes wide and heart skips a beat. It's Bucky, standing there, only having a white towel around his waist. "What are you doing here?" he looks surprised.

Huge blush raises on my face as I try not to look at his wet, muscular body:"Um... In my room, th-there is no shower so..." No, no, no!!! I don't know where to look! I can't just stare at him, but it also looks weird when I keep shifting my eyes around the room too much. The water slowly drips down of his chest to his abs, slowly sliding under the towel. Bucky's face got serious:"Are you alright?". Think I got caught for staring. Shit. "You've been crying?" he comes closer to take a better look. Taking a step back:"Ah-! N-no, I'm fine, I just... I'm tired of this day and...". Bucky gives a strict look right into my eyes and sighs:"You're a bad liar, (Y/N)...". My heart makes flips as I stare him in those blue eyes. Why would he care? Quickly walk to the bathroom's door:"Adam dumped me.". And I close the door behind me, leaving Bucky standing in the room confused alone. Oh God, what did I just saw...

After I used the shower, I changed my clothes in the bathroom. Sam had already come back. "You look cute in that shirt!" he chuckles. The shirt is double my size, they didn't have any smaller. "Oh, thank you! Thought I'll try something new." I laugh. Sam and I chat a little, Bucky is just lying down one of the beds, wearing his new clothes as well. Sam walks to the bathroom:"Well, I'll go shower now, then sleep. Good night, (Y/N)!". Yawning and heading to the exit:"Good night.". Right after Sam closed the bathroom door, Bucky shifts his eyes towards me:"What did he do?". My hand stops as I was about to open the door. Shit. Without looking at him I try to keep my voice as neutral as possible:"What makes you think he did something?". Before Bucky could open his mouth, I left. I don't wanna talk about it...

That night, it started raining hard. Raindrops are hitting against the window and the wind howls. I'm lying under the covers, having a nightmare. In the dream, I'm tight up, alone and scared. Suddenly, Scarface walks in with a knife in his hand:"Be a good girl...". I start to panic even more:"No! Don't touch me!". He then hits me across my face. Adam is there too, just standing there. "Adam! Help me!" I scream, tears in my eyes. He won't do anything, like he enjoys me suffering:"This is what you get when you won't sleep with me.". Tears starts to roll down my face:"Somebody help me!!!". No one was going to come and safe me. I'm alone... The nightmare continues with such awful way possible. It's all so vivid, it makes me scream in real life.

"(Y/N)!" familiar male voice wakes me up. Tears roll down my face as I shoot my eyes open. Huh?! Bucky is here, sitting on the edge of the bed, holding his hand on my shoulder. "You were having a nightmare, it's okay." his voice is soft. Is this a dream? Without saying anything, quickly raise myself to sit and hug him tight. My whole body is shaking. He wrap his arms around me and strokes back of my head gently:"It's okay. I'm right here.". It took me few minutes to realize it was just a nightmare. It all just felt so real. "I... I couldn't do it... I just couldn't!" stuttering thru tears. Bucky pulls out of the hug to look at me. "What was that you couldn't do?" he keeps his voice gentle.

"He- he wanted to get in... In b-bed with me, and... I said 'no', so he got mad and left me." my voice is so shaky. Bucky clench his jaw, thinking how he's going to beat up Adam as soon as he sees him. Then, he let out a deep sigh:"Make room...". Huh? He then climbs next to me on the bed and just lays there. I just sit there confused. What is he doing? "Just... Get some sleep." he mutters. Am I still dreaming? Bucky closes his eyes and open his arm, gesturing me to come there. Without any hesitation, I lay down next to him, resting my head against his chest. His strong arms wrapped around my shoulder. The warmth that comes from Bucky feels so nice. The smell of him so soothing. It feels so safe...

"(Y/N)..." soft male voice wakes me up. "Hmm..?" opening slowly my eyes, I see Sam. "Morning! I came to check up on you." Sam takes a step back as I raise myself to sit. It's already a bright day light. Where's Bucky? Was it all a dream..? But wait – how did Sam get into this room? Sam notices my confusion:"Um, for some reason your room's door lock is broken... Care to explain?". The door's lock really is broken, like someone had just yank it with full force. So it wasn't a dream? Did Bucky really break in after hearing me screaming thru nightmare..? "Um... I-" I began to stutter, but we get interrupted by Bucky, who opens the door:"Hey! They found the car!". Bucky is fully dressed back to his 'superhero' suit. "Really!?" Sam raise his eyebrows. Both of the men rush out of the room, giving me the time to change my clothes.

The woman behind the desk wasn't pleased about the broken lock as we were doing our check out. "I'm so sorry about that-, we'll pay that for sure!" my voice got shaky. The woman looks so pissed:"It was original door lock! They don't make these anymore!". She's looking down at the pieces that are left from the door nob. I feel so bad about this, even I wasn't the one who broke the thing... Bucky steps in. "I'm sorry about the door. Sometimes I can't control my powers.",  having flirty tone in his voice. The woman raise her eyebrow at Bucky. "What is he doing..?" Sam whispers at me. Shrugging my shoulders and continue watching those two. Bucky leans on the desk, having very attractive smile on his face. The woman blushes hard:"Well... You're quite something...". Sudden ache went thru my heart. Sam stares with his mouth open. Steve told us Bucky used to be ladies man back in the days, but... Never seen Bucky flirting with anyone, ever. Not even with me... Quickly, I push my feelings away. "Maybe, if you'll take me out to dinner, we can all forget the broken door." the woman giggles. "That sounds nice..." Bucky keeps smiling. I leave from Sam's side and just walk away outside. I need fresh air.