ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

Reese woke up the next morning very exhausted

Reese woke up the next morning very exhausted. She slowly got out of her bed and went to the shower. She turns the shower on and gets in.

After her shower she gets out and starts drying herself off. After that she gets dressed. she decides to go with a brown sweater and light washed ripped mom jeans and her black high top converse. She also decides to wear her opal necklace.

she slowly makes her way downstairs and heads to the kitchen "When should we tel her" she hears faintly. She makes her way down the last step and walks to the kitchen

"Tell me what?" Reese asks.

"Well sweetie..." Her mom slowly says "Jake won't be our neighbors anymore"

Reese is speechless. She has no words. "What- What do you mean"

"Jake's dad is dead"

"What-" Reese doesn't say anything else before she runs to the door and and yanks it open before running down the steps and racing across the grass to Jake's house. She violently knocks waiting for a response but no one comes to the door. She keeps on banging the door. "Open up oh my
god" Reese yells.

She runs back over to the house and slams the door open, "Where is he, Where did he go"

"Juniors house"

Reese stops. Juniors house she thought. She can't go over there. He just found out her crush on him.

"Wha-, no no no i cant go over there"

"Why not"

"Junior may or may not have found out i have the hugest crush on him" Reese says defeatedly. Her parents just look at her.

"Wow" her dad says.

Reese then realizes what she said "did i just say that" Her parents just nodded. "Well i got to go face reality and visit jake.

She gets up and walks out the door, she walks down the steps. She starts walking to the Wheelers house that's only about 10 minutes from her house but she can't help but think what's going to happen when she has to face Junior.

After walking for ten minutes she reaches the Wheelers house. She starts walking to the door hesitantly but surely. She knocks on the door.

She waits a couple seconds before the door opens to Mrs. Wheeler "Hi, Reese, How are you?"

"I'm good Mrs. Wheeler! i'm just here to see Jake, is he here?"

"You know you can call me Bree, and of course, second room on the right" Reese says thank you and walks into the house. She makes her way to the stairs and slowly heads up there. After making it up there she makes her way to the hall and reaches the door. She lifts her hand and knocks it before Junior opens the door

"Oh my god, im sorry, i thought this was Jake's room"

"It's okay" The two just silently sit there.

"So you want to come in for a little bit"

"Um, sure" she says slowly. Junior opens the door a little more and Reese walks in, she goes over to his bed and sits down. Junior shuts his door and walks over to the bed and sits next to her.

"So how are you"

"im good how about you"

"Good" junior says.

They sit very awkward until Reese speaks up

"I'm sorry about what Lexy said to you about me"

"How come?"

"Well it wasn't supposed to get out so..."

Junior just looks at her. He actually takes time to study her face. He never realized how pretty her hazel eyes were. "It's okay, i- um, need to use the bathroom i'll be right back." Junior gets up and heads towards the bathroom.

Reese takes this time to study his room. She then realizes about Jake "Oh shit-" She makes her way out of the room and heads towards jake's room. She doesn't bother to knock and just lets herself in.

She sees Jake just laying on the bed.

"Hey Jake, how are you doing"

"I'm fine, you know chucky did it"

Reese just stares at him

"Chucky. The doll" She says.

"Yes i know it's hard to believe-" Jake gets cut off.

"Look Jake, i know you're grieving and in denial but it's not reason to blame a doll"

"Reese. I'm not i swear"

"Okay then prove it, Make the doll talk"

Jake stands up and goes to the chair and grabs Chucky. He lifts him up "Chucky. Answer me. Please." Chucky doesn't respond at all.

"See, told you. Now i'll let you grieve but come to me when you start making sense"

Reese then walks out the room and heads downstairs "Bye Bree"

"Bye Sweetheart"

Reese then walks out.

Junior walks in the bathroom, and heads towards the sink. He turns the faucet on and splashes water on his face.

Junior has had a crush on Reese since 4th grade except she doesn't know it. He asked out Lexy as a distraction so she doesn't know about his crush.

Junior wipes his face off and heads back to the room. He opens the door and find Reese gone. He sighs and goes sit down at his desk. He looks out his window to see Reese walking away from the house. He wishes she knew about his crush but he's too afraid she won't like him back even after hearing about that she did at the talent show.

Reese makes it back home safely and heads back to her room. She opens the door and takes her shoes off and jumps on her bed, she just sits there until her phone buzzes

*buzz*

Jakey Poo- Hey please believe me.

Reese- You're going crazy. A doll really??

Jakey Poo- you wouldn't understand

Reese- and who would?

Jakey Poo- Just believe me please

Reese- come talk to me when you grow up.

a/n:
okay this chapter absolutely sucks but i tried. also ik ik y'all probably will hate reese this chapter but i promise it gets better!!
Byee!! Have a great day!