Chapter 6

After a long night of sleeping, Reese finally wakes up. She groans as she grabs her phone and checks the time.

7:14

She sighs as she gets up and ready for school. She still isn't talking to Jake, so she doesn't know whos shes going to hangout with at lunch now. After she gets dressed and does all her necessities, she opens her door and heads downstairs. 

"Morning Mom, Morning Dad"

"Morning sweetheart"

"Morning" Reese's dad says submissively. 

"What's wrong dad" 

"Nothing sweetheart, i'm just tired, thats all"

"Oh okay, well i got to get to school! Bye love yall!

"Bye sweetheart"

Reese grabs a banana and grabs her backpack and heads for the door. She opens the door up and heads outside while shutting the door behind her. She walks down the steps and heads towards her bus stop. 

When she gets there she sees Jake. She ignores him and sits down at the bench thats near the bus stop. Jake then notices her. He makes her way towards her and sits down at the bench too. 

"Look Reese-" But he's cut off.

"If you're going to keep talking about that doll, I suggest you stop talking"

"I just came to say I was sorry okay, please can things just go back to normal?"

Reese thinks for a second before answering "Yes, we can, BUT, no more talking about dolls" Jake nods his head very fast. Reese just smiles before putting her head onto Jake's shoulder. They sit like that until the bus comes before the bus finally comes. The bus finally comes and the two teenagers stand up and get on the bus. They walk on the bus and go and sit in their usual seat. 

After about a 20 minute drive, they finally make it to school. They get up and get off the bus and start making their way into the school, "So what's it like living with Junior" Reese asks.

"Its a living hell, he doesn't believe I should have to live with him, but its whatever"

"Just give it time" Junior just nods his head. Junior is about to say something else until he gets cut off. 

"Hey Jake, Reese" Oliver says "Its good to see you back, how are you jake" 

Reese and Jake share a confused look before turning back to Oliver

"thank you, im okay"

Reese just stared at Oliver. It was very awkward, the three of them just standing there, until Oliver spoke up again "You didn't miss much, Mrs. F dropped a pop quiz and then Junior is pissed about what you said about me and Lexy and he's mad at Lexy for what he said about Reese" This caught Reese's attention. Junior was mad at Lexy, about me? She thought.

Reese was still thinking until she heard Jake " You mean what chucky said" Jake said quickly. Oliver just laughed "Yeah, that shit was hilarious" Oliver said while laughing. 

It went silent "Look Jake, I just wanted to express my condolences" Jake nodded and looked at Oliver "thanks" Jake said. Oliver continued "i also wanted to apologize for every time I gave you and Reese shit, that wasn't cool, i am really sorry" This time Reese spoke up

"Why did you treat us like that" Reese asks. Oliver just stayed silent until speaking up "I don't know" Oliver says honestly "I think I wanted to just fit in with the popular" Reese just nods. 

"Well we forgive you, but never do it again" Oliver just quickly nods "Of course, never again, I promise. Plus to make it up to you, I'm having a party tonight, and I think it'd really good if you both came if you came along" Jake is unsure and he looks over at Reese before looking back at Oliver.

"A halloween party?" Jake asks.

"Yep, costumes, coronas, and candy, and" Oliver stops for a second "we're not talking about m&m's" Reese and Jake nod before Reese speaks up "We'll be there" Reese says walking away while grabbing Jakes hand and heads for the school doors. Jake and Reese start walking to their lockers. "That was definitely weird, but I mean, at least he's making an attempt to change" Reese says. Jake just nods. They reach Jake's locker and he opens it grabbing his stuff for his first block. 

"Well Mr. Jakey boy, I got to get to english, I will see you in Biology" Reese says.

"Gotcha, see ya later, oh and do you want to come over after school and we can walk to the party together?" Jake says, "Sure" Reese says before walking away and headed towards her english class. She reaches her class and walks in and for some reason the only seat open happens to be next to Junior Wheeler. 

She walks to the back of the classroom heading towards the only open seat. She finally reaches it and sets her books down before sitting in her seat and staring ahead trying to ignore Junior's eyes on her. "Psst" she hears Junior, but ignores him. "Psst"

"What do you want" Reese says annoyed "What wrong?" Junior asks

"Nothing, sorry, im just kind of tired" Junior doesn't say anything. "Are you going to Oliver's party" Junior asks curiously. Reese just nods her head before turning back to the front of the room. "Me too, maybe we can hangout for a little at the party" Reese just scoffs "What about Lexy, your girlfriend, won't she throw a hissy fit, if she finds out" 

"Ex-girlfriend" Junior says. Reese looks over at him. "What" Reese slowly says

"It finally occurred to me about how much of a bitch she is to you and to everyone else"

Reese just smiles "Well in that case, yeah, i would love to hangout at the party"

"Great!" the bell rings while they were talking "Well, Junior, i will see you at the party" Reese says smiling. "Yeah, see you there!" Junior says walking out the door. Reese just stands there for a second squealing, before regaining herself and walking out the door. She makes her way towards the front of the school reaching Jake to walk to the Wheeler's to get ready for the party. She reaches Jake "Hey!" she says very cheerfully. 

"What's got you so happy" Jake says curiously, "Oh nothing, i am just super excited for the party tonight" Jake just nods and they start walking towards his new house.

Authors note:

Hii! I actually loved writing this chapter and it made me motivated when someone commented that they loved the story and that made me so happy, because of this, I will be writing as many chapters as I can tonight! I love yall sm! Thank you sm for reading this!