Chapter 2

We meet most of the inmates and we see how Poppy handles them..

Poppy pressed the button under her desk as the door opened, in came a green troll who looked around with Hickory standing behind him.

''Here you go Poppy inmate 123.'' Hickory said nodding to her.

''Thank you Hickory, now please take off the cuffs.'' She said gently.

Hickory looks at her with a raised eyebrow. ''Um Poppy he's been a bit wild thiss morning are you sure?''

''Yes Hickory you know my rules.'' She said firmly.

''Alright Officer Darnell is right outside if you need him.'' Hickory said walking to the door.

''Please like she needs a guys help.'' Zack spoke rolling his eyes.

Hickory was about to say something but stopped, he turned and looked at Poppy and then left.

''Morning Zack.'' Poppy said happily as she sat in the arm chair.

''Morning Pop's how are you?'' He asked walking over and getting a donut or 2 as he sat on the chair looking at her with a smile.

''I'm good thank you and how are you doing?'' She ask holding her notepad and pencil.

''I'm great I can't wait to get out of here.'' He said laying back finishing his dount.

''I'm sure you are but even if you get released you'll have to come back here for parole meetings.'' Poppy said looking at him.

''I know but its better to have freedom.. so will you give me a good recommendation?'' He asked giving her puppy eyes.

''So far you've been doing well and you've been showing up, so we will see. But lets continue where we left off, I was asking how are you getting along with the other inmates?'' She asked giving him her full attention ignoring the puppy eyes.

''Well most of the ones that also come here to see you, we get along great, others are just ok, but the worst is Sunset and his cellmate.''Zack said shivering.

Poppy made a note of it. ''So what are your plans with your life when you get out of here?'' She asked looking at him sitting back.

''Well if I get out of here I'll get a job, go to my parole hearings and all that, and maybe meet a girl.. say would you consider going out with me when I'm free?'' He asked blushing scraching the back of his brown hair.

Poppy looks up with a half smile, it wasn't the first time she'd been asked that. ''Sorry Zack but I don't date my patients, besides didn't you have a girlfriend before you went to jail?'' She asked.

''Yeah but she left because she couldn't deal with me.'' He said looking down.

''And how does that made you feel?'' She asked sitting back and about to write.

 ''Well it hurts, me and her have been together for a couple years and then all because I was desperate to get money to take her to a concert and then I end up getting arrested all for her and she leaves.. who does that?'' He asked sad trying not to cry.

Poppy felt bad for Zack he wasn't on the level of some of the more intense inmates but robbing a bank  by yourself took guts but stupid on his part. ''It seems to me that you need to address the situation otherwise it will be with you forever.'' Poppy said looking at him.

''But she probably changed her number and is with someone else.'' He said gripping the arm of the chair.

''Well I mean you have been in here for 3 years but maybe she hasn't moved on it takes awhile for trolls to accept that their partner or boyfriend did anything like that.'' Poppy said. ''They pretend that its not real but who knows don't give up just yet.''