Chapter 11

Poppy does research on Branch's case and they get to know each other better....

That evening Poppy was dressed in a blue dress with a green hairband with blue flowers on it. (Her outfit from the first movie) and she had placed a bit of makeup on and puts her hair down, knowing that Creek always loved her hair down. She took a deep breath leaning against her vanity.

''You got this Poppy, you're only doing this to help Branch. Get the info you need and then cut it short if this doesn't work then go to the courthouse.'' She told herself.

She heard a knock at the door and answered it to see Creek wearing a white tee shirt with light brown cargo shorts and he had flowers for her.

''Hello Poppy.'' He smiled charmingly.

''Hi Creek.'' She smiled.

''Here I brought you flowers.'' He smiled.

''Aww thank you um come in for a minute.'' She said as she went to place them in water.

Creek came in and looked around, it screamed Poppy and there were pictures of her and her roommates and then she came in.

''So ready to go?'' She asked.

''Of course love.'' He smiled as they went out and got in a cab.

''So where are we going?'' She asked.

''Some places special.'' He smiled and his hand rested on top of hers.

''This is for Branch, this is for Branch.'' She told herself.

They came to a small bar called Raven Club and went in and to a booth and ordered drinks.

''So how was your day Poppy?'' He asked.

''It was ok.'' She said placing her hands on the table.

''I bet its not easy doing what you do.'' He said looking at her.

''Yeah one in particular can't get anything out of him.'' She said sighing.

''Oh?'' He asked curiously.

''Did you know Branch Timber?'' She asked.

''Yes, he was my first official case I won, I was trying to get him the death sentence but they only ended up giving him life.'' He frowned.

''He told me what happened but something not adding up with it.'' She said baiting him.

Their drinks came with some fries once she was gone he turned to Poppy.

''What is there to add? The guy murdered his grandma it was plain and simple his fingers on the knife and covered in her blood. Plus he was gone for an hour the same hour she died and he just happened to show up.

''I dealt with my fair share of murderers but somehow I feel like he's telling the truth.'' She said.

''Trust me Poppy he did it and all the evidence is there.'' He said smirking.

Poppy looks at him. 'What does he mean trust me?' She had a feeling that he maybe knew more then he was letting on and that smirk was a proud one.

''Say is there anyway I could get all his case file so I can find something to trigger him get him to talk.'' She asked sweetly placing her hands on top of Creeks.

''You're taking this seriously huh?'' He asked smirking.

''I will get though to him even if it means using his stuff against him.'' She said firmly.

''I'm sorry I can't get those they are locked up.'' Creek said.

Poppy groaned inwardly. ''Oh.'' She said.