Chapter 19

Something happens to Branch, she finally comes clean to Hickory and her and Trollex are getting ready for pressing charges. Dark very dark beware....

That night Popy got all the evidence to clear Branch. She and Trollex were going over the papers.

''Ok, so first thing tomorrow I will go to the police so they can arrest Marco.'' Trollex said.

''Sounds good, and by this time tomorrow Marco will be locked away for life and the hearing is at 10 so try to get it to them before.'' Poppy said smiling.

''Don't worry. So how was Branch?'' Asked Trollex.

''He was doing good, worried he's gonna get killed by Marco.'' Poppy said looking down.

''Hey, things will be ok.'' Trollex took her hand smiling.

''I know.'' Poppy smiled.

''Now I'm gonna go home, see ya in court tomorrow.'' Trollex said leaving.

Poppy smiled and went to bed, she had a big day tomorrow. Bigger then she knew..

Meanwhile in the jail...

Branch was awake as he was in his cell for the night. He couldn't sleep, he was worried and on guard. But he heard that Marco was getting locked in his cell for the night.

The blue troll went to sleep for a few hours then woke up sweaty and decided to go to the bathroom.

Once he got there he relieved himself and then decided to take a shower, the guards were changing shifts but suddenly he was pinned to the ground and he saw a few of the buffer inmates hold him down and Marco came out grinning.

''I told you I will kill you and now you have nowhere to go.'' Marco said.

Branch gulped and he got punched in the face and he looked at Marco.

''Y-You killed my grandma!'' He said trying not to cry.

''Oh?'' Marcus kicked Branch in the gut as he doubled over.

''Stand him up.'' Marco ordered.

They did and he punched Branch several times in the gut and then punched him in the face.

The first inmate holding him down threw Branch on ground as he landed with a thud and rolled on his side in pain. The inmates hit and kicked him all over and Branch felt so weak.

''Leave us.'' Marco said.

Branch was on the ground and tried to reach to stop Marco but he was weak and hurt, he was on his back as Marco climbed over him and started strangling him.

''You know something, your right I did kill your grandma and old Creek covered it up and now you can join her and Poppy will be all mine.'' He chocked harder.

Branch felt weak and all he could think about was Poppy. 

''Sunset the guards are coming.'' One said.

Marco choked Branch harder and Branch decided to try something and he relaxed.

''SUNSET NOW!'' One called.

Marco left Branch after kicking him once more.

The next morning Poppy's phone rings and she saw it was 6 in the morning.

'Hello?'

'Poppy this is Hickory I have some news Branch is in the hospital.'

Poppy felt her heart stop and tried not to try. 'I-Is he?' She dared to ask.

'No not yet, he's hanging on but its not looking good, I'm on my way to pick you up.' 

'Ok I'll be ready.' She hung up and got dressed.

She waited outside and saw Hickory's truck.

''Hey.'' She said.

''Hey sugar.'' Hickory said.

''What happened?'' She asked.

''Turns out late last night Branch got beat up in the showers and was practically dead but he was still alive he got bruises, cuts, a few cracked ribs, and very beat up.'' He said taking off.

''Do they know who did it?'' She asked knowing who it was.

''No, but they saw dried blood on Sunset and he is now in isolation and will be until court and Quincy and Essence are looking at the camera's. But now will you tell me what is going on?'' He asked.

''So, I've been working with Branch's friend Trollex... we've been trying to free Branch because he's innocent, turns out it was Marco who planned the whole thing and killed Branch's grandma and Creek is working with him..'' She said.

Hickory let out a low whistle. ''So Sunset is this Marco guy? How?''

''Long story.'' She said.

They made it to the hospital and Poppy ran in and up to the desk. ''What room is Branch Timber in?''

The nurse looked up. ''Room 10.''

Poppy ran over and was stopped by police officers. ''It's ok she with me.'' Hickory said coming over.

They let Poppy in and she covered her hands with her mouth and her heart dropped at the sight of her beloved Branch. He looked like an old rag doll with marks all over his body, two black eyes, and a bandaged head. She went over to him and gasped seeing the deep dark bruises on his neck.

''Oh Branch what did they do to you?'' She cried holding his hand.

Hickory came in and looked down sad. ''So I take it you and Branch are a thing.'' 

Poppy looked at him but said nothing. ''I understand and whatever you need help with I'll help.'' He said.

''I need you to go back and take a look at the visitor room and see what Creek and Marco were talking about.'' She said.

''You got it.'' He said.

Poppy sat with Branch and then called Trollex.

Once Trollex's get there he goes over looking sad. ''Is he?''

''He's alive.'' Poppy said.

''Marco did this.'' Trollex said.

''Yeah.'' She said holding his hand

''Poppy it's time you go to your court case and good luck. I'll stay here.'' Trollex said.

Poppy nodded with a lump in her throat looking at Branch.

''Don't worry I'll call you if he wakes up.'' Trollex said.

Poppy nodded and went out to see Hickory waiting as she got in. 

She was quiet during the trip. She didn't know why but she was very jealous of Trollex being there with Branch when it should be her.

''He'll be ok.'' Hickory said.

''I know.'' She said.

''You must really love him. I saw you didn't want to leave his side.'' Hickory said.

''I feel responsible, if not for me he wouldn't be in there.'' She said crying.

''It's not your fault and besides if you want to make it up to Branch get Marco and Creek put away and Delta is looking at the footage as we speak.'' he said.

''Aren't you supposed to be at work?'' She asked.

''Nope, I'm coming with you.'' Hickory said.

Back at the jail Marco was happy when the doors opened and the police arrested him. ''Your under arrest for the attempted murder of Branch Timber.'' They took him away.

Poppy and Hickory made it to the courthouse and went in.

Here we go next court case and Poppy finally realizes what her feelings for Branch mean...